July 24, 25, 27- Croke Park Discussion Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
93.3 WMMR just played a rock block of U2 for me. I emailed them on Monday and told them I was going to all 3 shows and they played Mysterious Ways, Magnificent(I requested), Beautiful Day and I will Follow. WMMR was 1 of the first 4 U.S. stations to play U2. Pierre has actually interviewed Bono in 2004.

Leaving Uk tomorrow morning, getting into Dublin around midday. Can hardly wait, I'm definitely not gonna sleep tonight! I don't mind the weather being too miserable, just don't want it to rain all through the gig!! See you all there! :wave:

flying to Dublin tonight from Washington on Aer Lingus!

Fri/Sat will be my 36th and 37th u2 concerts - and 1st overseas...if either show is anything like Amsterdam II or Berlin, we are in for a treat

By the way, from and local Dublin resident re: weather:

Rainy but not too cold so light clothes but rainwear needed for shows likely. Authorities saying that no umbrellas allowed during show

I arrived at about 11am on saturday in 2005 and got in with time to spare, i was thinking of heading down at a similar time this friday and saturday. I was also thinking if there was a few of us heading down at a similar time we should meet up before hand so there is a larger group of us in the Q so then there will be more banter among us as we wait. I will be going to the meetup with an american friend so i will suggest this idea then also, but if there is anybody interested in a bit of exrta company just let me know.

This is a great idea, how do we set this up? Can you PM me?? Or do we do it on here?

I'm getting soooooo excited now!

I'm so jealous of you all who are already over in Dublin or on your way there! :drool:
I have one more day at work and then i leave around 10.30am on Friday for the airport, flight at 1.30, lands at 2.30 and getting the bus to meet my BM who lives there. We only have tickets for Saturday but we're having a girlie night out on Friday so hopefully see some peeps who go out for drinks after Dublin1!!!

The forecast for Sat is sunny!!! Let's hope it stays that way. And that i can persuade my friend to go down and spend half a day queuing!

I just measured my little suitcase, as i'm only taking cabin baggage - it's small enough for that but i just realised i have to fit 3 days worth of stuff in it!!! Arrrrgghhhhhhh!

What are ppl planning to wear for the concerts???? I have no idea what to take with me! Esp if going out for drinks afterwards??

Ooooooooo I'm soooooooooo excited! :hyper: This is my 1st time seeing U2 and it's in DUBLIN! And it's my 1st time at a stadium gig, all previous have been arenas or small venues! I can't wait!

xxx

I am definitely taking a taxi... it's either that or the public bus for me to my b&b. And on Dublin Bus website, they discourage people with huge luggage to use the bus... which is really weird to me. Why would they have a bus to/from the airport if people can't bring luggage onboard? Maybe for the employees?

I think I can help you out there.

Dublin Bus - government owned

I hope this answers the question.

I have a question.

What is a poncho?

Hehe! Wiki answer:

A poncho is a garment designed to keep the body warm, or if made from a watertight material, to keep dry during rain. It was created by the Peruvians and is now known in over 150 countries over the world.

The poncho is essentially a single large sheet of fabric with an opening in the center for the head. Rainproof ponchos normally are fitted with fasteners to close the sides once the poncho is draped over the body, with openings provided for the arms; many have hoods attached to ward off wind and rain.

So we will all be very plastic sheets basically and looking very fashionable! lol :lol:

I have just looked at the link to the map of Croke Park and checked my tickets - I am RED Route, which says to enter via St James' Ave or Foster Terrace, anyone else got tickets which say this???

I'm assuming that not all GA tickets will be going in through the same gate? Altho my boss went to see Take That last month and there was 1 gate only for general admission! Sure Croke Park will be more organised!

So, finnally in Dublin:hyper: I arrived at noon, welcomed by sun.
I had walk across the city whole afternoon, and now I'm quite tired and sitting in internet cafe by Liffey river. I'm soo looking forward to meeting tommorow.
I'm starting to love this city.

For those who are going tommorow Guinness Brewery... where are we gonna meet up ? I'm a bit afraid that I won't find you and will miss it then...
...I'll be a tall guy in tight jeans, long brown hair and "blood red shoes" t-shirt

I arrived at about 11am on saturday in 2005 and got in with time to spare, i was thinking of heading down at a similar time this friday and saturday. I was also thinking if there was a few of us heading down at a similar time we should meet up before hand so there is a larger group of us in the Q so then there will be more banter among us as we wait. I will be going to the meetup with an american friend so i will suggest this idea then also, but if there is anybody interested in a bit of exrta company just let me know.

Good idea. I'm alone in Dublin so I'd definately like to meet before. I'm going just to saturday's show.

I have just looked at the link to the map of Croke Park and checked my tickets - I am RED Route, which says to enter via St James' Ave or Foster Terrace, anyone else got tickets which say this???

I'm assuming that not all GA tickets will be going in through the same gate? Altho my boss went to see Take That last month and there was 1 gate only for general admission! Sure Croke Park will be more organised!

The gate for this entrance is at the junction of St James Ave / Foster Tce, it's basically one street, with a bend in it. It's usually just one gate for GA in Croke, but sometimes if there are inner circle tickets, I think they let those guys in another entrance (which would be printed on the ticket). 1 gate + lots of people + dublin security = chaos.

Hello from the Clarence! OK the weather changes by the minute here, be ready for pouring rain, wind, clouds, or bright sunshine. Wear waterproof layers. I am praying it doesn't rain during the show cuz I really prefer the indoor arena shows where you are close up to the band and dry. We got caught in a heavy rain today and got soaked-yuk. Counting the minutes till Friday........

Wow, I'm sooo excited for all youse coming over to Ireland from the States today and tomorrow! What a great trip it's gonna be!

Dublin

Checking in from the Fleet Street Hotel. Just checked in after a long journey from Amsterdam (3 hour connection at Heathrow FTMFL)

It awaits . . . .(thanks to haytrain on U2start for the pic)

SDC10311.jpg

:hyper:

I have enter via St James Ave Foster Tce and Turnstile A on all of my tickets

Have a good trip everyone :D I will be traveling tomorrow night :)
no sleep until after the first show :huh:

So if I can find a ticket to the 2nd and 3rd shows I'm thinking of going to Dublin.

I've emailed a few people on the what do you have/want forum. Hopefully, I'll hear back. I have a airline ticket on hold for 24 hours. :ohmy:

So if I can find a ticket to the 2nd and 3rd shows I'm thinking of going to Dublin.

I've emailed a few people on the what do you have/want forum. Hopefully, I'll hear back. I have a airline ticket on hold for 24 hours. :ohmy:

If you need tickets you should be able to organise something here. Its an Irish message board where people sell / swap tickets at face value. There are plenty available and the majority of the posters are from Dublin.

Index page | Buy or sell tickets in Ireland | Toutless.com

Link to sat night thread

http://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3788

Link to Mon night thread

http://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3899

If you need tickets you should be able to organise something here. Its an Irish message board where people sell / swap tickets at face value. There are plenty available and the majority of the posters are from Dublin.

Index page | Buy or sell tickets in Ireland | Toutless.com

Link to sat night thread

View topic - U2 | Sat 25th July 2009 | Croke Park, Ireland | Buy or sell tickets in Ireland | Toutless.com

Link to Mon night thread

View topic - U2 | Mon 27th July 2009 | Croke Park, Ireland | Buy or sell tickets in Ireland | Toutless.com

Thank you for the link!

It;s A Beautiful Day!

Greetings from Dublin....A beautiful day here. lots of sun and relatively warm...for Dublin....A bit of rain this evening for about an hour but not so bad...Forecast for the weekend shows keeps getting better and better....

Meet ups tomorrow..At Guiness Gravity Bar at 2:00 and at Messrs Maquire at 7:00 (with my late arrival after Cohen at O2)...But Dublin is so great maybe I'll buy 2 rounds!

Town is cranked....Special editions of the daily papers on Friday!....Band arrives in town Friday a.m. for the duration...No rehearsals....Stage is pretty much up and towers over the north Dublin skyline....Spire projects above the height of the stands....

Looking forward to meeting with Interference cew tomorrow...Remember how to spot each other...We're the jet-lagged, crazed eyes, U2 T-shirt wearing people who break into U2 song chorus's at the drop of a hat...

Party is on...Countdown is now hours....It's a beautiful day!...Breathe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom