July 24, 25, 27- Croke Park Discussion Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i am actually driving in from another part of ireland on the 23rd.. cuz we are doing our sightseeing beforehand. We fly into Shannon on the 17th around 7am.. and start workin our way over to the Dublin side of ireland..:love:

I Get in to Dublin early morning on the 22nd. Amy...well everyone really...take TONS of pictures!! :hyper: And may we all be blessed with beautiful Irish weather!:up:

I get to Dublin on 22nd as well, at 11 and will be staying in Ashfield House

ill be arriving late night on thu 23rd july
i plan to get to crokepark early about 11am
on the 24th and am staying in Dublin till
the 28th july.

any meeting points sorted yet? before or
after the show.a pub at Temple bar would
be cool if anyone can decide which one..

i was in Dublin on monday there. my 5th
or 6th time in the city.its pretty expensive
so take lots of xtra cash:D

until then ...Walk on BB

Look for this plane when you're at Dublin airport:

Plane7.jpg

Plane6.jpg

Plane5.jpg

Plane3.jpg

Plane2.jpg

They play a show 2 nights before we get there, so the plane would probably be there on the 23rd and the next show after Dublin 3 is on the 31st, the day after I leave, so it will probably be there that day too. My flight home leaves in the morning.

i am actually driving in from another part of ireland on the 23rd.. cuz we are doing our sightseeing beforehand. We fly into Shannon on the 17th around 7am.. and start workin our way over to the Dublin side of ireland..:love:

My wife and i and 2 friends did that for the Slane show in 2001- it was a great way to build up excitement for the show- wish we had the time to do it again this year- we are just in Dublin for 3 nights and then london for 2 nights
have a great time

My wife and i and 2 friends did that for the Slane show in 2001- it was a great way to build up excitement for the show- wish we had the time to do it again this year- we are just in Dublin for 3 nights and then london for 2 nights
have a great time

thanks that's the plan.. We did it that way in 2004 except there was no U2 shows to gear for but we traveled from one end to the other staying at B&Bs throughout our stay.. Only way to go..

Does anyone frm the US know if we need the adaptor and voltage converter to bring for hairdryer and stuff?

I just found out that my friends parents have the adapter and outlet converters.:doh: That really sucks because I already bought them. I could have just borrowed their's.

When we traveled to UK before we only took the adapter with us, not the voltage converter or whole kit (the converter was heavy). Of course if you are travelling with a laptop do be careful and research what you'll need before you leave so you don't blow anything up. But the one adapter we brought worked just fine with the few things we took that required electricity (cell phone charger, iPod charger, curling iron--most hotels had hair driers). We were in Ireland, Wales, Scotland and London.

The first time I went to Ireland, I did not have a converter and I came close to burning out my hairdryer. The smell was not nice. The second time I traveled overseas, I purchased a converter and did not have a problem with it. My converter is the size of an Ivory soap bar, which is not big at all. Check with your hotel, they may have the items available for you to use and can save you the cost of purchasing them.

For those of us with GA tickets we need to come up with a plan to be in the front of the line now that we know it is first come first serve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom