July 24, 25, 27 - Croke Park - All Dublin Tour Dates Discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? 7/21? That'd be way cool! We'll have to stay in touch then. I am planning to wear a U2 shirt while travelling.

I'm actually flying 7/22 -- probably the same flight the next day. I'm doing 7/24 and 7/25 GA -- not a ton of time to gear up and deal w jetlag-- but at least most of a day. Good idea on the shirt, though -- it will be fun to identify U2 folks while traveling! Hopefully we'll all get together on Thursday.

Sounds like everyone is executing the last of their bookings and plans just fine. I feel like an asshole flying United 1st class over for free.
Um, lucky! :D

I'll be arriving on the 18th and leaving on the 28th.

We should all at least (attempt) to meet somewhere. maybe the 23rd in Oliver st. Johns or Temple Bar in some corner of the place.

Someone will have to hold up a sign, lol. INTERFERENCE.COM Forum People.

It would be interesting and awkward but we could pull it off. It would all give us a social base while we're over there and we could help each other (transportation wise) to and from the venues.

I have met people from other internet forums before and it's not awkward because we all have something in common. I'd love to know where everyone is meeting up...I can't promise I'll be there though. Traveling with four other people who I have to keep in mind as well. It would be great to meet up with some folks FROM Dublin though, especially for venue advice and local information, you know!

I'm so excited for this trip, not sure how I'm going to make it until July. This was the best 30th birthday present to myself I could have ever thought up!

^That is so awesome you are doing this in honor of your 30th year! I am doing it because it is on my "Bucket List". It is the first thing I will be crossing off that list! I've been to Ireland before but my dream is to see U2 play there. :up:

I've met lots of Interferencers at various parts of the globe, it's great fun. Looking forward to running into people on this trip as well.

^That is so awesome you are doing this in honor of your 30th year! I am doing it because it is on my "Bucket List". It is the first thing I will be crossing off that list! I've been to Ireland before but my dream is to see U2 play there. :up:
U2 in Dublin is on my Bucket List as well....I took it as a sign that this was the year for me since the Boots presale was on my 30th birthday. It works out well because my mom is coming over with me to visit her sister in Bray, and we are flying on Mom's birthday. Good times!

And what a great start to you on your Bucket List!

Um, lucky! :D

I have met people from other internet forums before and it's not awkward because we all have something in common. I'd love to know where everyone is meeting up...I can't promise I'll be there though. Traveling with four other people who I have to keep in mind as well. It would be great to meet up with some folks FROM Dublin though, especially for venue advice and local information, you know!

I'm so excited for this trip, not sure how I'm going to make it until July. This was the best 30th birthday present to myself I could have ever thought up!

We will be arriving the 23rd in the late evening .. just go to bed (or first Supermacs on Oconnell street) and then early bed to wake up early to queue in line ..

Really? 7/21? That'd be way cool! We'll have to stay in touch then. I am planning to wear a U2 shirt while travelling.

Me too. I am going to wear one of my Vertigo shirts. Maybe other fans will find us at the airport in Dublin that way or the departing airports before getting on the plane.

wow.. im making it to the 3 shows,,planning on staying in dublin for 4 days,,, if only i knew when the queueing will start...
c u all front rowers there!

The part of Killiney that's not Bono's house probably the most beautiful part of Dublin, problem is most people stop at Bono's :lol:

I'm staying for 10 nights. I will be seeing the Cliffs of Moher while staying in Galway and might visit Giant's causeway. Google both to see how spectacular these places are.

The part of Killiney that's not Bono's house probably the most beautiful part of Dublin, problem is most people stop at Bono's :lol:

:lol: Ah, well not the whole trip is planned yet so we might be able to see it.

:lol: Get out Wojo! What a coincidence! That's the two things we've got planned too! Well, not the cliffs, but we're going to Galway!

I can't pass up Cliffs of Moher. I'll be in Galway the 21st and 22nd in Barnacles Hostel on Quay Street.

Screw Bono's house. He even says it in one of his songs, "It's not where you're from, it's where you're going." And at a certain point being a fanatic can stretch too far.

Anyone know exactly what time (and in what time zone) general sale tickets go on sale for the 27th?

Screw Bono's house. He even says it in one of his songs, "It's not where you're from, it's where you're going." And at a certain point being a fanatic can stretch too far.
?

:up: I agree. I don't care to see where he lives. I am just happy that I am returning to Ireland. I would love to go back to the western part of Ireland and travel back down to Kinsale. I absolutely love that place.

On the Sunday between shows, I'm thinking of heading down to the Wicklow Mountains and Glendalough. Then after the shows, I think we're heading off Co. Galway for Connemara, etc. then down to Doolin for The Burren/Cliffs Of Moher. Then down to Killarney for a couple of nights. Then one night in Shannon B&B before we fly home.... 11 nights total not counting the night lost flying over there...

Hi friends. My name is Darko and ill be attending 2nd show on 25. I´l be there with my wife. :heart::heart:
Coming from Croatia, Zagreb and I'm very excited to see Dublin again. And of course U2 playing in Dublin. This is my whole life dream, which is now coming to be not a dream but truth. :wave:

I never understand the love for the West of Ireland...I think it's a nightmare going there...then again i think Dublin's a dump too...

I plan on seeing some of the sights in and around Dublin that I missed the last time I was there. :)

:up: Me too! Kinsale is beautiful, we stayed there our last trip. Did the Shannon then Ring of Kerry, south and up to Dublin before we headed across to Wales/Scotland/England. There's so much more of Ireland I want to see and thigs I would like to see again. It is so different from where I am from and I just love the landscape, the culture, the food and especially the people.

I never understand the love for the West of Ireland...I think it's a nightmare going there...then again i think Dublin's a dump too...

The geographical landscape is beautiful and peaceful. I had a wonderful time the last time I was there. I went with a friend of mine and we stayed with a friend who lives out there. We were introduced to his friends and he set my friend and I off with a road map to drive around the southwest coast. Your country and the people we met are beautiful. It is the one vacation/holiday that I took that I actually cried as I left and to get one tear out of my eyes is a challenge, so to have an abundant of tears flowing says something. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom