July 19,2010- East Rutherford

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I decide to go to this show, I might just watch from the seats this time. My first choice would obviously be GA, but I'll be happy just to get in the building.

Congrats to those who got tickets today, and good luck to those who are still looking! :)

I don't feel like this 2010 NJ show was advertised all that well, so I wonder if that contributed to the lack of an immediate sell-out.

Not to be repetitive, but has there been any talk of a second show? I simply haven't had time to read all 45 pages of this thread yet.

^^ to recap: its divided on the board as to whether there will be a 2nd show. the fact that it wasn't announced along with anaheim 2 places doubt as to whether there will be one

I don't feel like this 2010 NJ show was advertised all that well, so I wonder if that contributed to the lack of an immediate sell-out.

Agreed. I live in Manhattan and honestly, if it weren't for my U2.com emails and this forum I wouldn't have had much of an idea they were coming back. In the past 5 days I've noticed some posters put up advertising the date. They're very small, and... Well, I suppose it's kind of surprising to see such a small amount of hype put out to the general public (not talking about us hardcore fans, we'll always have hype). Considering the size of the shows and all that.

That being said, I don't listen to the radio or anything... I just can't wrap my head around the fact that I have tickets to see them in 9 (ish) months. It's going to be like giving birth when it comes around, seriously. :ohmy:

According to the Giants Stadium website it looks like 91,800 seats (82,500 regular and 9,300 club)... or is it 82,500 including the 9,300 club seats? I'm not sure. :hmm:

You put a thumbnail i think and it was too small to read..

I'm too lazy to click the link, :lol: , so here's for the lazy people

GIANTSSTADIUMLLC_1257825704329.png

interesting tho!!

Not to be repetitive, but has there been any talk of a second show? I simply haven't had time to read all 45 pages of this thread yet.

I thought they advertised well for it this time, I saw a commercial advertising the show on TV at least four times over the last week!

Wouldn't the listed stadium capacity actually be less than actual capacity for these shows, given that it is 360 and there are like 5-6,000 people on the field?

I thought they advertised well for it this time, I saw a commercial advertising the show on TV at least four times over the last week!

Wouldn't the listed stadium capacity actually be less than actual capacity for these shows, given that it is 360 and there are like 5-6,000 people on the field?

Probably.

I just went to StubHub and it is striking how poorly seats in the upper deck appear to be selling.

People holding off on buying tix to night #1 (in hopes of a night #2) should go ahead and buy tix to night #1 . . . because there ain't gonna be a night #2.

Probably.

I just went to StubHub and it is striking how poorly seats in the upper deck appear to be selling.

People holding off on buying tix to night #1 (in hopes of a night #2) should go ahead and buy tix to night #1 . . . because there ain't gonna be a night #2.

I'm not throwing in the towel on a night 2 yet - y'all do know StubHub is secondary market (read: re-sale/scalped) tickets, yes? I think a big reason that a night 2 was not announced right now is that Philly is going on sale, there is overlap in the two markets, Anaheim does not have any other cities within 3-400 miles going on sale so it was safe to do their 2nd show now.

Yes what if a nj2 isn't announced now but they hold off until feb to add it. After the holidays with some distance between the sept09 shows and the rest of the tour sold out will greatly increase demand. Especially if they make it 7/20. A new ' last date' for NA.
I'm just guessing though. :hmm:

Yes what if a nj2 isn't announced now but they hold off until feb to add it. After the holidays with some distance between the sept09 shows and the rest of the tour sold out will greatly increase demand. Especially if they make it 7/20. A new ' last date' for NA.

But there are a TON of tickets that remain unsold for July 19th.

Maybe New Yorkers are clued in to how shitty the new stadium is going to be (in regards to sight lines and field proximity) compared to Giants Stadium.

Chances of a second night are slim to none given how poorly the 19th has sold.

But they'd be gone in the next couplemonths..
Anyway, just a thought.

Certainly some tickets will sell between now and June, and it may even sell out once people appreciate that this will be the last night of the U.S. tour.

I find it hard to imagine that they would add another date in a market where the first show has sold so poorly.

Three nights at 80,000-90,000 people per show appears to be more than enough supply to satisfy New York-area demand to see U2.

I really think there will be a 2nd NJ date, but it seems like it would be smart to wait until late winter/early spring to announce it on the heels of SOA (if SOA is released)--New album, new excitement, new fans, RENEWED CHECKING AND CREDIT CARD ACCTS!

It seems like this could be the case for several cities.

But really, I think Friday (13th) will be very telling with Philly's sales as to what may happen with 2nd Philly and NJ dates.

Here are the number of tickets combined that U2 have sold on each tour stop in the New York City area in the past:

Unforgettable Fire Tour: 6 shows - 107,000 tickets sold

Joshua Tree Tour: 10 shows - 131,000 tickets sold

ZOO TV: 7 shows - 268,000 tickets sold

POPMART: 3 shows - 129,000 tickets sold

Elevation: 7 shows - 140,000 tickets sold

Vertigo: 10 shows - 200,000 tickets sold

So far on 360: 2 shows - 161,000 tickets sold

The third show will eventually sellout which means:

360: 3 shows - 240,000 tickets sold

The previous high was ZOO TV with 268,000 tickets sold, but that was over 7 shows. 360 will come close to that number with just 3 shows.

So I would say that with this third show in the New York City area, the band is meeting all or nearly all the demand in the New York City market. The fact is, the larger the capacity of each individual show, the faster you can satisfy demand in the market. With smaller stadium or arena shows, you could string it out for a longer period of time and actually sell more tickets, but with the massive capacity available with the 360 shows, the demand gets met with just a small number of shows.

Even if there are 40,000 multiple show goers in that area, it obviously is not enough to fill the stadium for a fourth show.

So, those in the New York City market looking for another show or more shows should look to Philadelphia where there is a smaller stadium and a fresh market that has not received a show yet. Just playing one show, 68,000 tickets, would not be enough to satisfy demand in Philadelphia. A second show would be needed, but they will need help from the other markets to sell all the tickets for a 2nd show.

Hotel booked!..tickets are printed..but not mailed yet..life is sweet! can't wait for next Juuuuuly!! :D:hyper::hyper:

I need to change my reservation now. I booked for the 18th and 19th and now it looks like I'm only going to be needing the 18th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom