July 19,2010- East Rutherford

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think this show is even close to being sold out. Although the $30 are technically "sold out" I don't think they have released all of them yet. Stub Hub is showing almost 2/3 of the upper deck unsold. As much as I would like to see a second show I don't think it's looking good.

I have big hopes for NJ4...I honestly dont understand what Stubhub has to do with anything. Arent the tickets on Stubhub already purchased tickets? U2 already made sales off of those.

I honestly dont understand what Stubhub has to do with anything. Arent the tickets on Stubhub already purchased tickets? U2 already made sales off of those.
That's the whole point. If you look at stubhub, you'll see that nobody has purchased tickets for the majority of the upper deck!

That's the whole point. If you look at stubhub, you'll see that nobody has purchased tickets for the majority of the upper deck!

Ah alright. I never saw Stubhub that way but now I see what you mean. Which makes me wonder if any GA's were unreleased.

You people scared the shit out of me calling it NJ 3 and waiting for an NJ4.. I thought I had missed two onsales.... :down:

Ugh, I have a dilemma now. Should I use what's left of my presale code on Philly GAs tomorrow, or should I save it for NJ2? If there is a NJ2, that's what I want to use it for, but if not, I'd go to Philly...decisions, decisions!

I can't decide if I should try for Philly GAs since NJ didn't happen for me, or hold off and wait for either Boston or another NJ to get announced. I'm trying to avoid traveling, as well as having to sell tickets.

It looks like a lot of people are stuck with that problem. I know I am.

i don't see them going to ny for 1 show just to punish the fans for not selling it out. but then again there's you know what 4 hrs up I95. nonetheless, they'd be crazy not to do a 2nd show

If it hasnt sold out by now.......and everyone was beating us New Englanders about why there was no Boston show at all.... then with the same reasoning (no sellout in 15 minutes)... i would say a NJ2 seems unlikely. Im REALLY shocked that NJ1 didnt sellout immediately...it being the only northeast show!? Seriously! I think what someone else said is right...people just got done seeing them play & are now thinkng about the holidays NOT Summer 2010. :shifty:

If it hasnt sold out by now.......and everyone was beating us New Englanders about why there was no Boston show at all.... then with the same reasoning (no sellout in 15 minutes)... i would say a NJ2 seems unlikely.
Agreed.

Im REALLY shocked that NJ1 didnt sellout immediately...it being the only northeast show!? Seriously!
Agreed on this too. With no Boston show and only one New York show, you'd think they'd have an easy time selling it out.

And consider: If Toronto, Chicago, and New York have all failed to sell out their third shows (so far, of course), then how poorly would a third Boston show have fared (considering they didn't even sell out the second)?

i don't see them going to ny for 1 show just to punish the fans for not selling it out. but then again there's you know what 4 hrs up I95. nonetheless, they'd be crazy not to do a 2nd show
:huh:
this post doesn't make any sense

What do you mean by "punish the fans"?

And when you say "they'd be crazy not to do a 2nd show", you'll have to explain to me why. It seems to me that if there are still 20K tickets available for the first show, then they'd be crazy to add a second show.

I think NJ is lucky to have the last show. Certainly not to punish anybody.

(Unless they add another venue...)

Maybe a date will be added next year.
With such a huge lagtime between the ticket sales and the concerts themselves, I suppose it's possible that in a month or three, this show will be sold out, and U2 and LiveNation will see that there is enough unmet demand still out there to add another show. A theoretical Songs Of Ascent release could play a huge part in that too. Six months from now, there might be a lot more demand for U2 tickets in the NY area.

That said, I wouldn't expect that to happen, and I sure as heck wouldn't count on it and plan my U2 touring next year around such a possibility.

Ummmm. The last time I checked NYC and Philly are in the northeast and Boston is in New England.

:huh:
this post doesn't make any sense

What do you mean by "punish the fans"?

And when you say "they'd be crazy not to do a 2nd show", you'll have to explain to me why. It seems to me that if there are still 20K tickets available for the first show, then they'd be crazy to add a second show.

i just imagine them thinking that the if there isn't anaheim like demand then they don't think the area deserves another show. even if they don't sell 20k tickets for 1 night, the marginal cost of doing another show isn't enough to justify not doing a 2nd show. besides when was the last time they went to new york for just 1 show?

The Anaheim show is in a baseball stadium and the NJ show is in a football stadium. Anaheim sold out fast because there is significantly less seats in a baseball stadium than a football and this legs show is going to be in the new Giants Stadium which my guess is larger than the old one.

i just imagine them thinking that the if there isn't anaheim like demand then they don't think the area deserves another show. even if they don't sell 20k tickets for 1 night, the marginal cost of doing another show isn't enough to justify not doing a 2nd show. besides when was the last time they went to new york for just 1 show?

I was about to look this up a few hours back but I didnt think it was necessary. I honestly see them doing a second show in the New York/New Jersey area (New Meadowlands Stadium)...its just a matter of them announcing it now.

Edit: The post below me makes a good point, the new stadium is HUGEEEEEEE. Still see a 2nd show happening though! :D

wikipedia:
The new stadium will have seating for 112,582 fans, including 10,005 club seats and approximately 218 luxury suites. :ohmy:

I seriously doubt a second show will happen now.

i just imagine them thinking that the if there isn't anaheim like demand then they don't think the area deserves another show.
Wow, you make them sound really petty. Are you just projecting your own personality onto others, or have they said anything that would lead us to believe they really are petty like that?

even if they don't sell 20k tickets for 1 night, the marginal cost of doing another show isn't enough to justify not doing a 2nd show. besides when was the last time they went to new york for just 1 show?
What? Use your brain: If there's 20K unsold seats for a first show, then what makes you think there'd be anything less than 50K unsold seats for a second show 24 hours later.

i'm not talking about the band, i doubt they really put much input into this. i'm talking about the live nation ppl

i haven't seen what's available, but in a 100K seat stadium there's gonna be a bunch of empty seats. you don't think a 2nd night will still fill up GA and much of the desirable seats. it's new york we're talking about.

Not sure the wikipedia number matches the numbers elsewhere for capacity - seems too large on wikipedia. Could be an error - I've seen 82,500 on other sites.

If it hasnt sold out by now.......and everyone was beating us New Englanders about why there was no Boston show at all.... then with the same reasoning (no sellout in 15 minutes)... i would say a NJ2 seems unlikely. Im REALLY shocked that NJ1 didnt sellout immediately...it being the only northeast show!? Seriously! I think what someone else said is right...people just got done seeing them play & are now thinkng about the holidays NOT Summer 2010. :shifty:

Well, NJ1 and NJ2 both soldout very rapidly. Those shows were in September of 2009 as well. The show that went on sell today is NJ3, and people are speculating about an NJ4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom