July 16, 17, 2010 - Montreal - Hippodrome - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, GEG sucks that they charge you $7.00 for delivery. Even Ticketmaster if you are in Canada their standard mail delivery is FREE.

Anyway, I'm hoping by the time I get home from work and check my mail the Montreal 2 tickets will be there. My luck it will be later on this week. :hyper:

So, the postmark on my tickets from Centre Bell say $0.54. Anyone know what those assholes are spending the $7 shipping fee on?

I almost have the nerve to haul them into small claims court to recover my $6.50, if it were not for the fact that the filing fees greatly outweight what I would recover. Yet, it might send them a message....

GEG's final price ended up being just about the same as the tickets bought from Ticketmaster for other US shows. Call it "service charge" or call it "shipping fee", its all adds up to the same. (they actually ended up being cheaper for me through GEG because of the exchange rate).:up:

GEG's final price ended up being just about the same as the tickets bought from Ticketmaster for other US shows. Call it "service charge" or call it "shipping fee", its all adds up to the same. (they actually ended up being cheaper for me through GEG because of the exchange rate).:up:
that's not the issue...the issue is that GEG is charging $7 for shipping but it clearly doesn't cost them that much to ship the tickets. This is a charge in addition to ticket/service fees. If this is a service charge, then that is how it should be presented.

I guess this is why they can get away with it...it's this type of complacent attitude that give them the incentive to gouge us for every dollar.

Are you in the US? Wow your mailman comes early. :wink:

Nope Canada but about 45 minutes from the US border.

Yeah we always get our mail early :D

Not too far between Thunder Bay and Minneapolis. I wonder if I'll get my tix tomorrow.

I haven't received either Montreal 1 or 2 yet.

(I used to get my mail by 9:30am every day. I guess I need to up the holiday gift amount for the mailman.)

Hmm maybe. It's only about 7 hours from here to Minneapolis.

Nope Canada but about 45 minutes from the US border.

Yeah we always get our mail early :D

Thanks!!

Not too far between Thunder Bay and Minneapolis. I wonder if I'll get my tix tomorrow.

I haven't received either Montreal 1 or 2 yet.

(I used to get my mail by 9:30am every day. I guess I need to up the holiday gift amount for the mailman.)

I don't think anyone in the US has received their tickets yet.

My mail doesn't usually arive until 2 or 3 in the afternoon. :sad:

I checked last week, and was told they had not even sent out any of the tickets to the U.S. yet.

I was told we (all of us in the U.S.) would get out tickets before Christmas.

Looks like they have sold out the $95 and $30 in the sale for day 2... unless there was none left even before the sale started

Looks like they have sold out the $95 and $30 in the sale for day 2... unless there was none left even before the sale started

I still see all seats remaining except for RZ and the mystery "Stands D"....?

Night 2 is now sold out according to GEG.

Pretty impressive! Props to Montreal!
(I still can't stand your hockey team, though) :wink:

Night 2 is now sold out according to GEG.

Pretty impressive! Props to Montreal!
(I still can't stand your hockey team, though) :wink:

Wow - I knew it would sell out, but that's really impressive. Should be great shows.

everything is so goddamned corrupt in that city...i am doubtful that the sale was completely legitimate. I am willing to bet scalpers managed to walk away with a large portion of the tickets.

and i have to say I am not so sure they will be releasing for tickets close to the concert dates. GEG ran the show in 2005 and I waited for them to release tickets in the days prior to the shows and they did not.

and i have to say I am not so sure they will be releasing for tickets close to the concert dates. GEG ran the show in 2005 and I waited for them to release tickets in the days prior to the shows and they did not.

There have been ticket drops at almost every 360 show, to my knowledge. Additionally, this is not GEG's show, it's Live Nation's, and they have a habit of withholding tickets until a few days prior.

Also, while waiting in the GA line in the Windsor Court area adjacent to the Bell Centre in 2005, I recall another line forming nearby. When I inquired as to what it was, I was told that more tickets were being released at noon.

There have been ticket drops at almost every 360 show, to my knowledge. Additionally, this is not GEG's show, it's Live Nation's, and they have a habit of withholding tickets until a few days prior.

My understanding is it is a co-production, with GEG having more control over ticket inventory. e.g. GEG informed LN that ticket sales were brisk, and that presale allocations were selling out, etc. I think there probably will be a ticket drop though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom