July 11th 2011 - Rogers Centre - Toronto, ON

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosh....so many shows.....too many to look forward to. Even this one that is in my own backyard.

Years ago, I picked up a big bar tab once when I was drunk. But thankfully, it wasn't this big.
Please, if we have an Interference get-together, don't let this happen to any fellow Blue-Crackers.

Woke up Friday morning with a huge hangover and this in my wallet | Rocking Fundas
hugebill88752.jpg

:lol:

I'm going to that bar tonight to watch the hockey - will ensure I'm sober throughout!

I've posted this in the Montreal thread, but in case anyone here doesn't read that thread.

I need some travel advice. It's more expensive to fly to Montreal and back from Toronto than to go R/T to and from Toronto. So i'm thinking of flying to Toronto on Fri 7/1, seeing a Blue Jays game on Sat then to Montreal on Sun or Mon, then back and leaving Toronto 7/12 or 13. My questions are:

1. Train R/T is $156 non refundable, Megabus could be $10-30 each way. Which am I better off with? I've read about express trains, but I don't see any on ViaRail. The durations look similar

2. Is 3 full days enough to see Montreal where if I never went back I wouldn't feel bad. Or should I leave Toronto on Sunday.

I feel like for a 11-12 day trip, I'm wasting a lot of time in transport that I should forget Toronto. The thing is though, all of a sudden I can't use miles on the days I need to go to Montreal, but Toronto is wide open, so it's kinda like I have to do this schedule.

Sorry for the long math problem, but I tend to think things to deep and lose sight of the obvious solutions. I'm trying to save costs but I want to see as much as I can.

Toronto is an amazing city to see too! I think 3 days in Montreal will give you enough time to see a lot of what the city has to offer. Could you spend some more time there? Of course. However, you don't want to feel rushed in Toronto either.

Many of us are doing the train. I look forward to it as I have never done this before. If you are strictly trying to save money, then do the bus. However, the train is supposed to be quite scenic, and a great way to see that part of the country.

Good luck !:D

I think i'm going to pass on Toronto. I went to Arcade Fire last week and did pit and I only waited in line since 5pm. I was really tired at the end. I don't think I have it in me to do 3 shows in 4 nights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom