jen's room superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mysterious_jen said:

actually option A is the comfiest so far.

i have things to do tomorrow and being hungover all fucking day doesnt appeal to me.

Well then, do option A! Laziness FTW.

Just went outside and I don't think things were that much darker than usual. In fact, in my own block of flats, it looks like everybody's home and has their lights on!

Earth Hour for the phailure.

I think a few places had lights off when they normally have them on, but honestly, I don't exactly go walking around my neighbourhood at 8:50pm much anyway. Certainly not a big difference was made, and most comment I've seen online has been critical of the whole thing.

So yeah, big lawlz at Earth Hour.

Axver said:
I think a few places had lights off when they normally have them on, but honestly, I don't exactly go walking around my neighbourhood at 8:50pm much anyway. Certainly not a big difference was made, and most comment I've seen online has been critical of the whole thing.

So yeah, big lawlz at Earth Hour.

It's not like anything significant is being saved anyway, the power is still being generated.

coolian2 said:
Officer put down the gun
I never wanted to own one

:drool:

Sweet smell of a great sorrow lies over the land
Plumes of smoke rise, merge into the leaden skies
A man lies and dreams of green fields and rivers
But wakes to a morning with no reason for waking
He's haunted by the memory of a lost paradise
His youth or a dream, he can't be precise
He's chained forever to a world that's departed
It's not enough, it's not enough

:drool: :drool: :drool:

coolian2 said:

It's not like anything significant is being saved anyway, the power is still being generated.

It's like petrol boycotts. So you're not buying it on Tuesday. You'll buy it Wednesday instead. NO IMPACT WHATSOEVER. And smart petrol companies will just jack up their prices the day before and day after the boycott and make more than they otherwise would've had the boycott not taken place.

Quite right. Activities like this just make it so hard to take climate change campaigners seriously.

For the record, i'm not sold on global warming (and don't want to enter that debate tonight, if ever), but i'm 100% in favour of logical steps towards greener technology and such forth.

Because HOW IS MORE ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY STUFF A BAD THING?

A lot of my fellow climate-change deniers seem to think we should stick with the status quo.....talk about not being able to see the forest for the trees.

</random rant>

coolian2 said:
Because HOW IS MORE ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY STUFF A BAD THING?

EXACTLY.

Even if climate change is not occurring and we aren't in the middle of the sixth global mass extinction - which, frankly, flies in the face of scientific consensus and strikes me as anti-intellectualism - I see absolutely no negatives in taking steps to have a cleaner environment. After all, who wants to live in Industrial Revolution London? I don't really care if environmentally friendly measures put a few businesses out of pocket and reduce their profits a bit. Financial profits are just a small factor of life. Only the greediest and stupidest would choose in favour of financial profit over a healthy, sustainable, and liveable environment.

And before this thread dies a slow death, welcome to the staircase from the second to the third floor of the Brownless Medical Library at Melbourne University.

s640x480

s640x480

I was so tempted to jump the handrail and try climbing the stairs. Seriously, WTF?

Ian:

This is bullshit and you know it.

coolian2 said:
It's about fucking time i got a bite on that

You knew I would.

Actually, I feel like such a traitor. I think Melbourne's a better city than Wellington.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom