jen's room superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alisaura said:
I don't hate Sixty Seconds, considering I also heard it for the first time today... But why is it called Sixty Seconds when it's three minutes? :lol:

Because it's a punk rock instrumental from Venus and time's different there? :hmm:

And see you later! :wave:

Alisaura said:
Wow, that's some aversion, Chass! :uhoh: Any idea how that started?
Well, besides that shredded coconut is disgusting and is essentially like eating shredded waxed paper, and its inclusion ruins perfectly good desserts, and whole coconuts are hairy and creepy and weird...

I know exactly how it started.

When I was little we had this coconut with a creepy face carved and painted on it that my grandfather brought back from Korea or something. The hair on the husk just added a disgusting bit of realism to it. I hated that thing.

Hey Jen! :wave:

I've had a good day train hunting. Now thinking about doing uni work and what the fuck to do for dinner.

Yourself?

Computer > work.

Also, I found candy canes at a Darrell Lea in the CBD today. WTF? Christmas immediately follows Easter now?

Axver said:
Computer > work.

Also, I found candy canes at a Darrell Lea in the CBD today. WTF? Christmas immediately follows Easter now?

WOW. they arent xmas leftovers ?

i havent heard of anyone getting xmas merch ready in march before.

It was so weird. It wasn't marked down to clear or anything like all the leftover Easter stuff is. There were candy canes and packs of Christmasy green, red, and white jelly beans. I took photographs of both as it was so bloody odd.

Axver said:
It was so weird. It wasn't marked down to clear or anything like all the leftover Easter stuff is. There were candy canes and packs of Christmasy green, red, and white jelly beans. I took photographs of both as it was so bloody odd.
Maybe they decided to try a northern hemisphere thing and do Christmas in Winter, which will be what... June for you? And they're just getting a headstart on it.

DreamOutLoud13 said:

Maybe they decided to try a northern hemisphere thing and do Christmas in Winter, which will be what... June for you? And they're just getting a headstart on it.

Oh, some people do hold gimmicky Christmas in Winter things. Often to keep the kiddies entertained or to have a charity fundraiser or whatever.

Personally, I think it's just not Christmas if it's too cold outside to have a barbecue and play cricket. :wink:

COBL_04 said:

Legend :D

People are voting for Cymbaline. :grumpy:

Is Daniel around?

I imagine Daniel's down here in Melbourne visiting his girlfriend as he usually does over the weekend.

And I can't believe the Cymbaline voters. Then again, I just voted for The Final Cut, not Several Species. See the thread for my rationale.

Axver said:

Oh, some people do hold gimmicky Christmas in Winter things. Often to keep the kiddies entertained or to have a charity fundraiser or whatever.

Personally, I think it's just not Christmas if it's too cold outside to have a barbecue and play cricket. :wink:

:up: Bloody oath. White Christmas my ass :p

Axver said:

I imagine Daniel's down here in Melbourne visiting his girlfriend as he usually does over the weekend.

And I can't believe the Cymbaline voters. Then again, I just voted for The Final Cut, not Several Species. See the thread for my rationale.

Ah i see. He hails form Sheppareton or somethin yes?

Can't blame you there. If the Final Cut is best song on The Final Cut, then I'm never buying it. The songs I have from it are boring as hell.

We haven't had a white Christmas since 2004. And it was really white. We had a blizzard that dumped 14 inches of snow on us (that's what... 35 cm?) It was crazy but awesome. Especially since normally we're lucky to get more than two inches here.

Axver said:

we are going to do xmas in july as an excuse for a work piss up but otherwise never done it .

and im sure it will just turn into
piss up in july . :lol:

COBL_04 said:

Ah i see. He hails form Sheppareton or somethin yes?

Can't blame you there. If the Final Cut is best song on The Final Cut, then I'm never buying it. The songs I have from it are boring as hell.

Yeah, he lives in Shepparton. He needs to move his arse down to the big city.

The Final Cut is a complete waste of time. I seriously cannot find one notable moment. It's just complete dullness. Some parts are genuinely bad, but most of it is nothing more and nothing less than dull. So yeah, don't fork out for it, especially as you're the only person on earth who still believes in saving up for each album! I wouldn't even suggest anybody waste their time DOWNLOADING it, let alone buying it.

Now watch as Steph hunts me down and kills me for saying this! :wink:

mysterious_jen said:

we are going to do xmas in july as an excuse for a work piss up but otherwise never done it .

and im sure it will just turn into
piss up in july . :lol:

Like you need an excuse, Jen. :wink:

Axver said:

Yeah, he lives in Shepparton. He needs to move his arse down to the big city.

The Final Cut is a complete waste of time. I seriously cannot find one notable moment. It's just complete dullness. Some parts are genuinely bad, but most of it is nothing more and nothing less than dull. So yeah, don't fork out for it, especially as you're the only person on earth who still believes in saving up for each album! I wouldn't even suggest anybody waste their time DOWNLOADING it, let alone buying it.

Now watch as Steph hunts me down and kills me for saying this! :wink:

:lol: it's all true though... and to think I was going to get into his solo work... if it's like that I might buy it if I develop insomnia or something...

Dave Gilmour for me :drool:

Plus I have HUGE respect for Rick Wright.

Any Colour You Like is THE best instrumental I've heard, just edging out Speed of Life by David Bowie.

DreamOutLoud13 said:
We haven't had a white Christmas since 2004. And it was really white. We had a blizzard that dumped 14 inches of snow on us (that's what... 35 cm?) It was crazy but awesome. Especially since normally we're lucky to get more than two inches here.

In 2006, the Dandenongs outside Melbourne actually had a white Christmas! I don't think it snowed much, but the simple fact of the matter is that it SNOWED. :lol:

And I've never lived anywhere where it's snowed while I've actually been there.

COBL_04 said:
You know I've never seen snow in real life.

Though it hailed like a mofo for about three m inutes today.

Really? I went down to Stony Point on the train and in the southeast and CBD I just encountered light spitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom