Jan. 3rd, Latest U2 Video to air on Qtv ? / First single release speculation?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like someone poorly playing the chords to All I Want is You and doing their best Bono impersonation to me

I predict by Jan 13th we will have heard the new single. Anything later than that, and I start to wonder if U2 are having doubts again.

I predict by Jan 13th we will have heard the new single. Anything later than that, and I start to wonder if U2 are having doubts again.

I agree except for one major point: I think that by Jan 13th we will have heard about the new single, but not necessarily have actually heard it.

I emailed a local radio station asking when they will be playing the new single and the DJ replied saying that they are waiting for the band to make their next move, which everyone is doing right now. He says that the single will be Get Your Boots On and as soon as they get it, it will be played.

I emailed a local radio station asking when they will be playing the new single and the DJ replied saying that they are waiting for the band to make their next move, which everyone is doing right now. He says that the single will be Get Your Boots On and as soon as they get it, it will be played.

Nice work :up:

At least some DJs are aware now and even know the name of the song. That's progress!

God why is my radio station so out of the loop? He was all cocky too like "oh we will be the first to play it" even though he didnt even know the band had announced the album's release date already. :huh:

so is dave fanning on again in like 20 minutes? i thought their site said that he's on every night at 7pm. if so, hopefully he says something today.

Radio 1 played Vertigo today and said there is a new lp coming out. I was like YES YES WHAT ELSE? :madwife:

Just called my station too. She said all the industry people have been off and she and some of "her people" are investigating (whatever that means). Said to call her tomorrow and she'll let me know.:up:
She's a hugh U2 fan also. She put together a contest for U23D when it came out and also showed U2 Go Home at a local club -back when. Not expecting anything, though. I just don't see anyone having any more than interference, that can tell - that is. :wink:

My hubby said he heared over the weekend the single is coming out February. I was like WHERE did you hear that? :ohmy: Dunno he says so uninterested! I am like WTF :ohmy: I nearly got the spotlight out to give him the Spanish inquisition! Oooh Second thoughts, maybe we shouldn't mention the Spanish and their red herrings thus far :lol:

Am I missing something? What's that fever?
Nothing new is coming on air for the moment and I think we won't get anything until the end of January

Am I missing something? What's that fever?
Nothing new is coming on air for the moment and I think we won't get anything until the end of January

I believe they have to launch a new single before the album, so this is why people are expecting to hear new music by now...

Well one thing I can guarantee everyone is they certainly wont be releasing it to radio on or around the 20th......not with the Presidential inaguration here in the U.S. ......media attention for better or worse will be all about that event...and very little else....so my guess is if we don't hear it by the 13th...then you won't hear it until the end of the month at the very least....I believe Matt McGee of atu2.com who says we should be hearing it within this week....I'm guessing this Thursday evening 1/8/09

Well one thing I can guarantee everyone is they certainly wont be releasing it to radio on or around the 20th......not with the Presidential inaguration here in the U.S. ......media attention for better or worse will be all about that event...and very little else....so my guess is if we don't hear it by the 13th...then you won't hear it until the end of the month at the very least....I believe Matt McGee of atu2.com who says we should be hearing it within this week....I'm guessing this Thursday evening 1/8/09

He said that? Awesome! Even if it's not guarantee, that's at least something. And after he spoke a bit too soon with the "big news" announcement, I'd imagine he's being a tad more careful this time.

Just checked it: he definitely put that out there with a big caveat that it's just "the word on the street" and may not materialize (like last time). But it's at least something--I was getting worried that we were still 2-3 weeks away and this gives me some hope (even if it's only a fool's hope).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom