It's Official

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dont mind it myself. Certainly dont think its the best tho. Zooropa or Pop are my faves. At the end of the day, its just a cover. It doesnt have any reflection on the music imo.

How is U2 going to get away with a cover like that?!?!? I mean really, the cover of the album is crucial to whether or not the songs are any good, and if they are good and if the cover is bad then no one will bother listening to them!!

Also, when have we ever seen grown men sitting down, slumped over and together??? On an album cover no less!! I mean that is so not punk, and if it is punk they are so old what are they thinking??

I'm so glad these were brought to my attention. I was blown away by Vertigo and some of the other songs, but geez now that I've been shown the light...what the hell am I getting so excited about? :eyebrow:

I love the cover, I don't want something too overstated, its perfect for me, and I love the red bars to go with the title, fits perfectly. All the boys look cool as hell, except Bono looks a little wierd. Who really cares? It's all about that disc that's inside the cover. And it's not like u2 have had groundbreaking "Wish you Were Here" album covers (Pink Floyd..) I mean, I liked POP's album cover and it was just four of their faces with u2-POP written in the middle, is this that much worse?

i like the whole new design idea with the stripes and the black-red color combination. I'm really using it too much in designing my magazine... :drool:

it has some big potential!

Maybe they made the cover ugly so everyone will buy the album on itunes? Just playing

I think its ok. It goes well with the punk theme U2 is going for.

Just curious, have all the people ragging on the cover seen the cover of the first Ramones album? Personally, I like the cover because of the connection.

U2_Guy said:
I really doubt anything in the world will put any sense to this.

It's a terrible cover.

...and name. :madspit:

I hate how they're trying to be punk. They're not punk and they never were.

If they really wanted to be punk Adam would be lead vocals and would play the guitar (without tuning it), Bono the drummer, Larry would become the bass player, and Edge wouldn't even be in the band.

What am I trying to say? Punk sucks. Punk is for people who can't tune their guitars or sing (scream) on pitch.

U2 is not punk and never were.

Last edited:
hey everyone, guess what?? its just a cover! the picture doesnt sing to you does it? or am i missing something here.....

grbounds said:
hey everyone, guess what?? its just a cover! the picture doesnt sing to you does it? or am i missing something here.....

I'm afraid you and all the other "it's just a cover, it's the songs that matter" guys are missing ALOT.

U2 albums are part of our lifes. All of their albums are part of what we fans are. The lyrics, the music AND the artwork. The whole U2 album experience isn't complet without a great cover in my opinion.

If covers aren't necessary, just throw a blank insert on every cd.

This cover is ridiculous. U2 isn't Ramones. And they are not punk. Never were. They are middle aged guys... Don't gimme that punk attitude The Edge...come on...

Millions of dollars and wasted talent of Antoin Corbjin on this one...

u2 guy - you've lost it - I know its all subgjective in the end - but this really is relevant, art-wise / I think they look great - and you know by listening to boy that they do have deep punk roots -

Every album theyve adopted an image (see POP, and AB specifically) -

like I said before I've got 2 friends from RISD (the top US art school) sitting here telling me why its so great

I LOVE IT (I said that I think already)

Anton knows relevancy - U2 knows relevancy - you my friend are allowed to not like it...but

you're wrong (i just like saying that - no harm)

theyhype said:
by listening to boy that they do have deep punk roots -

theyhype said:

like I said before I've got 2 friends from RISD (the top US art school) sitting here telling me why its so great

When one got to be academically told why some piece of art is good, you know right away it sucks as art.

LOVE the title, think the album cover is OK...not their best, not horrible either. A bad cover never dissuaded me from buying an album that has good music on it though.

U2_Guy said:

When one got to be academically told why some piece of art is good, you know right away it sucks as art.

I didnt have to be tld - I knew it was - this just affirms my point f view.

Your comment is a bit silly

U2_Guy said:

I didnt have to be told - I knew it was - this just affirms my point of view.

theyhype said:
by listening to boy that they do have deep punk roots -

U2 was a post-punk band, not a punk band. Two very different things.

Now they are trying to "catch up with their punk roots"? 4 guys in their middle 40s? Come on...

the cover is not inherently punk - it just carries that vibe - again this look is very relevant.

theyhype said:

My "silly comment" was made upon your own "I've got 2 friends from RISD (the top US art school) sitting here telling me why its so great" commentary.

Maybe your commentary was the silly one?...

Of course some ppl will love it, some will hate it, some will say it's ok and some will have no idea about it.

To me it looks like a very halfassed art job. Very. And worst, it's trying to show U2 as something they are not. Edge's "pose" is really ridiculous, for a lack of better (or worst) term.

mmm good one

All i'm trying to state is that you not liking it - and the cover being this wild loss of talent and "how could they ever choose such a poor cover" comments are out of whack.

it's for the recrord buying public to decide how many people will be attracted to it, it's eye catching, the stripes warn us that those mean looking mofos on the cover might come and get us if we don't buy it...... well Larry always looks as if he's going to punch someone........................ in my humble opinion

Well, you might as well argue about this for another couple of days.

By then the new video will be out and a new argument about how good, or how much it sucks can begin.

theyhype said:
ok I'm done - I want to see the vertigo video

And i want to listen to Miracle Drug as i think - in the best Interference fashion, if you know what i mean - that this song will be "the next" With or without you...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom