Istanbul Setlist Party # 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm gonna need this today...

Protect_UW_refast_bag.jpg

So what's the general consensus on setlists for this leg?

My initial thoughts:

-great to see IWF show up
-even greater to see HMTMKMKM show up!!!
-new songs were expected, but it's nice to see them actually materialize
-I hope TUF isn't gone for good
-glad to see Ultra Violet still showing up occasionally
-looks like Unknown Caller is done?
-will any more NLOTH songs show up, or have we seen all we'll ever see from that album?

Overall, the setlists look great. You certainly can't complain with all the new unreleased songs!

So what's the general consensus on setlists for this leg?

My initial thoughts:

-great to see IWF show up
-even greater to see HMTMKMKM show up!!!
-new songs were expected, but it's nice to see them actually materialize
-I hope TUF isn't gone for good
-glad to see Ultra Violet still showing up occasionally
-looks like Unknown Caller is done?
-will any more NLOTH songs show up, or have we seen all we'll ever see from that album?

Overall, the setlists look great. You certainly can't complain with all the new unreleased songs!

I'd like to see UC get back in, and TUF...but overally I can't really complain. Also nobody seems to like the Stingray/BD opening but I'm OK with it.

I'd like to see UC get back in, and TUF...but overally I can't really complain. Also nobody seems to like the Stingray/BD opening but I'm OK with it.

This. Although my personal jury is still out on Stingray/BD as the opener. :wink:

Should be interesting to see how it changes on upcoming legs.

:wave: Hi everyone. Does anyone know if Mikes will be broadcasting?

Horrible evening here - wet and windy so holed up at home, baking another Xmas cake, drinking wine :drunk: (the rum is for the cake :sad:)

This. Although my personal jury is still out on Stingray/BD as the opener. :wink:

Should be interesting to see how it changes on upcoming legs.

I'm thinking NZ gets their usual shot of One Tree Hill...lucky bastards ;) I also really liked the way they played Kite down in Oz with the didgeriedoo (sp?) but I have a feeling that was a one-tour deal. Too bad, I'd rather they played Kite than Stuck or IALW.

Also nobody seems to like the Stingray/BD opening but I'm OK with it.

I haven't heard a single full concert yet on this leg (just a few random youtube clips over the past month, as working on the road was super busy) but on the face of it, I'm not sure about BD as an opener.

U2start

"I've been keen to put in Mercy, for the novelty value of playing something unreleased" - Willie Williams, a few weeks ago. Will U2 follow?

I'm thinking NZ gets their usual shot of One Tree Hill...lucky bastards ;) I also really liked the way they played Kite down in Oz with the didgeriedoo (sp?) but I have a feeling that was a one-tour deal. Too bad, I'd rather they played Kite than Stuck or IALW.

I also liked when they closed the show with Kite in Vertigo Oz. It had some emotion when Bono was flying the kite at the end, really liked it. Kite taking over IALW = :up:.
Moment Of Surrender will be closing the shows for as long as the tour goes by the looks of it. No problem, it's a great song.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom