Is Thom Yorke (Radiohead) a better singer than Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
david said:
Thom is not a better singer than Bono, and Bono is not a better singer than Thom.

Topic closed.

i prefer to think thom's a better singer than bono, and that bono's a better singer than thom but whatever...

xaviMF22 said:

although nowadays Thom is sounding better than Bono :whistle:

This MUST be a joke post. :wink: :lol:

Really, Yorke sounds terrible these days. It would be hysterical to hear him attempt the Bends nowadays.

1995: Baby's got the BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENDS!!!!

2007:
Baby's
got the
Beeeends. Cough.

LemonMelon said:

Really, Yorke sounds terrible these days. It would be hysterical to hear him attempt the Bends nowadays.

1995: Baby's got the BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENDS!!!!

2007:
Baby's
got the
Beeeends. Cough.

ridiculous.

LemonMelon said:

2007:
Baby's
got the
Beeeends. Cough.

it would be hysterical to hear Bono attempt Lemon nowadays:wink:

one thing I love/loved about Bono was his beautiful falsetto :drool:..it seems to be gone now:(

i think it's a matter of which band's music one likes better.

again, it's all personal opinion.

but until i see edge pull something like this off... well, how do i put it.

this actually somehow, as a result of this lovely guitar wankery, makes thom's voice even better. it defies logic or reason, so you're just gonna have to believe me. :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5Q4FNkUgwA

xaviMF22 said:

it would be hysterical to hear Bono attempt Lemon nowadays:wink:

one thing I love/loved about Bono was his beautiful falsetto :drool:..it seems to be gone now:(

He never uses it, does he? :sad:

(Except of course when he does use it like on WITS and people the credit to Edge :rolleyes: )

LemonMelon said:

He never uses it, does he? :sad:

(Except of course when he does use it like on WITS and people the credit to Edge :rolleyes: )

because its 50/50

the edge seems to have a better falsetto than Boner nowadays :wink:

Zoomerang96 said:

this is a pissing match thread, isn't it? they're both great vocalists, and the only stupid thing that can be said is to say one of them isn't.

:yes:

Thom is a better singer than Bono nowadays :shh:

Yeah, Yorke's a good vocalist. :up:

He was brilliant. Now he's a liability. I'll even it out and say that he's good.

Bono was crappy vocalist from 1976 to 1982 and kicked his game up after that. Between 1986 and roughly 1995 he was incredible. Now he's still really good. Listen to Vertigo Miss Sarajevo again

BonoVoxSupastar said:
How did I know this would turn into a Radiohead vs U2 thread :rolleyes:

wow... did YOU?

what else do you know?

tell me... does the forecast call for darkness tomorrow night??

their voices fit the music they sing with, and that's all that counts.

i like thom a lot, but i cannot see him singing songs that aren't radiohead songs, you know?

BonoVoxSupastar said:
How did I know this would turn into a Radiohead vs U2 thread :rolleyes:

Of course it is (even though no one has compared actual songs, just the vocals in those songs); look at the thread title.

LemonMacPhisto said:
their voices fit the music they sing with, and that's all that counts.

i like thom a lot, but i cannot see him singing songs that aren't radiohead songs, you know?

I got cha son :wink:

Thom's still got the falsetto, but overall I thought his voice and tonality had gone down quite a bit this last tour. (and I'm a big Radiohead fan as well). Bono's got him beat right now except for the falsetto.

xaviMF22 said:
Matt Bellamy vs Bono :hmm:

that would be interesting :drool: :drool:

not that this is relevant to this thread:wink:

now that I think about it

Matt Bellamy is a much better singer than both Bono and Thom Yorke :hmm:

nowadays..... :wink:

LemonMelon said:

Of course it is (even though no one has compared actual songs, just the vocals in those songs); look at the thread title.

But it's not a Radiohead vs. U2 thread. It was a thread asking who was the better vocalist, that's it.

Until we get to comments like this:

"i think it's a matter of which band's music one likes better.

but until i see edge pull something like this off... well, how do i put it."

But like I said before, there are subjective and objective aspects of singing. Judging strictly on the objective, it's Bono hands down. Subjectively it comes down to tone and approach, and for the most part their approaches are very similar until maybe Amnesiac and Hail to the Thief...

xaviMF22 said:

not that this is relevant to this thread:wink:

now that I think about it

Matt Bellamy is a much better singer than both Bono and Thom Yorke :hmm:

Matt Bellamy sounds like a more whiny, uncontrolled version of OK Computer Thom Yorke, which would technically mean he beats out the current Thom Yorke.

Not sure about Bono though.

LemonMelon said:

Matt Bellamy sounds like a more whiny, uncontrolled version of OK Computer Thom Yorke, which would technically mean he beats out the current Thom Yorke.

Not sure about Bono though.

Matt Bellamy is a modern day Jeff Buckley....at least imo :|

BonoVoxSupastar said:

But it's not a Radiohead vs. U2 thread. It was a thread asking who was the better vocalist, that's it.

Until we get to comments like this:

"i think it's a matter of which band's music one likes better.

but until i see edge pull something like this off... well, how do i put it."

But like I said before, there are subjective and objective aspects of singing. Judging strictly on the objective, it's Bono hands down. Subjectively it comes down to tone and approach, and for the most part their approaches are very similar until maybe Amnesiac and Hail to the Thief...

yeah, i figured what i said would go over you.

i was being ridiculous in that post for fun, it was easy to tell.

but then again, there's a great deal of people who think im serious when i brag about getting an allowance from my parents, so i'm not entirely surprised.

Back
Top Bottom