IO: I have to work christmas eve

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dianepm

Professional Insomniac
If I lived any more north I'd be in Quebec. But I
All because the daughter of the man I work for (I'm a homecare worker) says it's too much to look after her father for 24 hours. I work from 8 pm to 8 am. On top of that....she's not even giving the other Diane the day off for christmas! I can understand not wanting to work at night...but to not give Christmas day off is just.........wrong. It's not like she hasn't done it every other year since we've started working here. I'm going to be a walking zombie on Christmas morning. Great way to open presents.

That does stink! :angry: The university where I work has us working until 5:00 p.m. on Christmas Eve, which I thought was bad; but we do get Christmas Day and the next day as university holidays.

That really sucks. If it makes you feel better I have to work Christmas Eve too. I work at the airport.:angry:

The Sunday after Thanksgiving is always hell at the airport. For Christmas Eve all I can hope for is good weather.

I had chose between working Christmas or New Year.
So I'm doing Christmas Eve and Boxing Day.. :angry:

I have to work New Year's Eve till 5:00 pm, so that not to bad and New Year's Day I'm off, it happens to fall on a Thursday and that is my normal day off.

I feel bad for all of the people who had to work on holidays like Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. :( But I sure do appreciate those people being there if I have to go to one of those places!

if you don't really want to work - just bang out - tell your boss that you have really bad diarrhea and need to go every 5 minutes. People would question coughing or sniffling, but not explosive diarrhea.

That is horrible. You can't at least one of them off.

I don't mind that much. My boss asked me if I was up for it and I said yeah. We don't have plans anyways.

if you don't really want to work - just bang out - tell your boss that you have really bad diarrhea and need to go every 5 minutes. People would question coughing or sniffling, but not explosive diarrhea.

:lmao:

My dad's a fireman, so he has to work 24 hour shifts every two days. When I was younger, if he had to work on Christmas, we would have our big celebrating stuff on Christmas Eve, and my parents told me that Santa makes special deliveries for Firemen's children :cute: it made me think I was all special and stuff :lol:

That being said, dad has to work on Christmas this year, so I'm kinda bummed, but it probably means that I'll be spending Christmas Eve at his house, and Christmas with my mom, so it works.

I work til 7 on Christmas Eve. Then I have Christmas Day off. Then I work Friday. But then I get Saturday-Monday off.

When I worked in retail, I always worked on XMas Eve and New Year's Eve. Being Jewish made volunteering for XMas Eve duty a no brainer, and we'd close at 6pm on New Year's Eve so it was no big deal. We were never open on XMas Day, and New Year's Day I'd usually request to have off, but I worked it once or twice. I worked on Thanksgiving once, early in my TV career, but I was hourly, so I made Triple Time, and still got home in time to catch the tail end of my family's dinner.

My dad's a fireman, so he has to work 24 hour shifts every two days. When I was younger, if he had to work on Christmas, we would have our big celebrating stuff on Christmas Eve, and my parents told me that Santa makes special deliveries for Firemen's children :cute: it made me think I was all special and stuff :lol:

That being said, dad has to work on Christmas this year, so I'm kinda bummed, but it probably means that I'll be spending Christmas Eve at his house, and Christmas with my mom, so it works.

Firemen. :drool: Is your dad incredibly hot? :shifty:

Back
Top Bottom