Invisible Discussion Thread III (Do not post song requests - discussion only!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Headache, were u able to go again today? If not did yo u k now anyone that went?

Oh my, I just started digging through the last couple of pages of this thread and hope all is turning happier in interference-land :hug:

I stayed up past my bedtime last night to see the lads on Fallon, and aside from wincing at what Bono had to do with the coffee cup (actually, though, in retrospect, I think he did just fine given the task at/in hand:wink: )...
I thought
Invisible sounded/looked great!
I much much much much much preferred how it sounded live to the itunes release.
I am not smart enough about music to understand all that was different,
but whatever different they did live (no snyths? less processed edge-guitar? vocals less smoothed over? drums not from a machine?) made it sound much much better to me.
Which is a relief in one way, but makes me hope they haven't decided to go with this 'new' production/sound for the whole album because I think it suits neither their style nor their songs...cheers all!

I just don't understand these friggin' charts. "Carry on Wayward Son" and "Wanted Dead or Alive"? Makes me think you can crack the top ten by selling 5-6 copies. And what's up with Australia? Firesale on INXS?

Theres a big hoo haa atm. A telemovie about the band aired over 2 weeks. Actually made me dig out a few albums and join the revival too....

Regardless of how many times it has been uploaded already, U2's VEVO account uploaded 'Invisible' from The Tonight Show in 1080P HD. Looks great.
U2 - Invisible (Live on The Tonight Show) - YouTube
:love:

I've said this in this thread and in a couple of others, for the first time in years I have seen what a I like to say is a U2 Moment and surely this was one of them. I've watched the video of the whole appearance many times and seeing Bono all fired up and the band with that beautiful backdrop was just fantastic. Then the studio part was great also, I really think they hit it out of the park.

I can happily say this, I am so fired up for the album and tour.

Theres a big hoo haa atm. A telemovie about the band aired over 2 weeks. Actually made me dig out a few albums and join the revival too....

Ah, that explains it. Wonder if it will be aired in US?

I've said this in this thread and in a couple of others, for the first time in years I have seen what a I like to say is a U2 Moment and surely this was one of them. I've watched the video of the whole appearance many times and seeing Bono all fired up and the band with that beautiful backdrop was just fantastic. Then the studio part was great also, I really think they hit it out of the park.

I can happily say this, I am so fired up for the album and tour.

I said the same thing about it being a U2 moment and bono being over the moon about being back. The boys seemed to be on fire and that gives me a really good feeling about whats coming up. Hope I am right. Who knows, maybe they will even bleed some music, because they seem to be writing about something that is so close to their hearts, their musical journey (hopefully no laughing matter this time ;))

Sent from my GT-I9300 using U2 Interference mobile app

How good is this band U2??? The more I think of it this is all VERY deliberate get people taking about just how good U2 are again and then the album does come out again people will remember how good this period is and want to go with them

But fuck me how good has this little period been? Shows why we all love this band I think

How good is this band U2??? The more I think of it this is all VERY deliberate get people taking about just how good U2 are again and then the album does come out again people will remember how good this period is and want to go with them

But fuck me how good has this little period been? Shows why we all love this band I think

This. Really stoked by this little stretch from them

I said the same thing about it being a U2 moment and bono being over the moon about being back. The boys seemed to be on fire and that gives me a really good feeling about whats coming up. Hope I am right. Who knows, maybe they will even bleed some music, because they seem to be writing about something that is so close to their hearts, their musical journey (hopefully no laughing matter this time ;))

This :up:

Very well put :up:

That little performance the other night was very carefully constructed to show the very best of what U2 can do in two different ways: the epic gesture and incredible visuals of the roof demonstrating the fact their ambition is in fact still reasonable, that they are almost the only people in the world who can do that thing, and then the couch showcasing that they don't actually NEED to do that thing, that they are still magic just the four of them, and very capable of putting a song over on an audience and creating a moment live without a lot of help or production. They don't need the money and the helicopter and the marching band at all. Jimmy actually let it slip when he said, "To see if you've got the goods." Well, it turns out they do. I wouldn't be surprised if that evening turns out to be a moment in the history of the band that (like the writing of MW) "steadied our nerves tremendously."

That little performance the other night was very carefully constructed to show the very best of what U2 can do in two different ways: the epic gesture and incredible visuals of the roof demonstrating the fact their ambition is in fact still reasonable, that they are almost the only people in the world who can do that thing, and then the couch showcasing that they don't actually NEED to do that thing, that they are still magic just the four of them, and very capable of putting a song over on an audience and creating a moment live without a lot of help or production. They don't need the money and the helicopter and the marching band at all. Jimmy actually let it slip when he said, "To see if you've got the goods." Well, it turns out they do. I wouldn't be surprised if that evening turns out to be a moment in the history of the band that (like the writing of MW) "steadied our nerves tremendously."

For the umpteenth time I watched the whole appearance and those words that Jimmy used "to see if you got the goods" was an odd choice of words but the way you just framed it makes perfect sense, actually you whole post was spot on. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom