Interference Random Music Thread Part IX: Guys! THE PEEF DAWG!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Knew you'd like it. I don't have much in the way of soundtracks with entirely original music by one artist (Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid and Christmas On Mars come to mind), so it's already near the top for me in that department. And it'll probably crack this year's top albums list.

Now that you mention it, I don't have many soundtracks with all new music either. Christmas on Mars is one, but I can't think of any others. The album's crazy fun though. I couldn't stop smiling through most of it.

It's terrible to the umpteenth power.

Glad you enjoyed it. Moon's style on the Take Away Shows is awesome, but A Skin, A Night just wasn't what I was hoping and had a whole hell of a lot of problems. It's hard to make me hate anything about that band, but Moon accomplished just that. There was absolutely zero insight into the recording process, any dialogue was almost incomprehensible, and he fucked up all of the "About Today" performance by dicking around in the hallways on the venue. By all means, still see it though. You're a fan of both parties' work. Maybe you'll get more out of it than Scumbo and I did.

That makes sense. I just watched the trailer, and it certainly makes it seem like it's focused on the recording process for Boxer, although apparently, that's not the case. Which is too bad, seeing as that in and of itself would've made a great documentary. I'll have to check it out sometime.

There was some of that sort of stuff with this R.E.M. film too, but since it was meant as a concert film (sort of) in the first place, he does stay focused on the band (well, more like Stipe most of the time) during songs, save for a some moments when Moon's running around backstage. The dialogue backstage was pretty muddy, but that wasn't the main point of the movie anyway. The live recordings are incredibly clear though (Jacknife Lee did the sound production). I mostly love Moon's visual style; he mentioned last night that his goal is to ensure losing some of the information in the shot (in this film's case, by shooting in B&W, with a very heavy emphasis on the darks) so that the relationship is more between the musician and the song than between the camera and the musician, which I find fascinating.

Not as much as Talkie Walkie. Actually not really at all. I want to like Air again, damn it.

Talkie Walkie is probably their best imo, the clips I have heard from this new one sound interesting but I can't really tell to be honest, some of it sounds like the last album, some of it sounds a little weirder - more 10 000 Hz'ish...

To answer the question, my favorite song on Actor is between "Just the Same But Brand New" and "The Strangers."

So there.

Depressing Shuttlecock setlist news:

Last night's show had TWO No Net songs dropped; the title track(!) and Unknown Server were not played. That's only FIVE new songs in the setlist.

If this happens at one of my two shows, daddy's gonna pay.

Daddy's her support
Daddy's not your friend
Daddy raids your wallet after coitus ends

There was an issue with the screen, so those songs had to be cut. Evidently, it's not humanly possible to perform music unless your face is blown up for the whole world to see while doing so.

Well it sounds more like the standard accompanying footage for one song wasn't available, but they still could have had a straight camera feed.

The other probably wasn't on the planned setlist anyway; they've been cutting one per night, no?

Dunno. I don't keep up with the setlists. I'm just going on what Laz said.

There was an issue with the screen, so those songs had to be cut. Evidently, it's not humanly possible to perform music unless your face is blown up for the whole world to see while doing so.

Irvine said they went on about 15 mins late as well, I don't think that's a very valid excuse either but still...

Nah, the printed setlist was no different from what was played.

I'm fascinated by the fact that Bono, Adam, and Larry think Boots was a bad choice for first single, but Edge still thinks it was the right play.

I'm fascinated by the fact that Bono, Adam, and Larry think Boots was a bad choice for first single, but Edge still thinks it was the right play.

Was he on fire at the time? Maybe him being on fire is a bad thing, as it leads to poor judgement.

I always trusted Edge until I read U2 by U2. Some of the shit he says in there is really fucking stupid. Now I trust no one.

Example: His reason that they don't play a song like Last Night on Earth anymore is that it's not as good as Sunday Bloody Sunday.

If I ever got the chance to interview U2, I'd just ask them about their live shows: setlists and shit like that. Why does no one ever talk about that? It's always about Larry's fucking kitchen.

Example: His reason that they don't play a song like Last Night on Earth anymore is that it's not as good as Sunday Bloody Sunday.

snap, I forgot about that one... Didn't he say something along the lines that he couldn't top Gone from the Boston DVD so he wouldn't play it live again or was I imagining that? I don't think it was from U2 by U2 but some other interview somewhere...

Didn't he say something along the lines that he couldn't top Gone from the Boston DVD so he wouldn't play it live again or was I imagining that?

Isn't that the video where he throws down his guitar in his Edge-like rage and stomps off at the end of Gone? Is that how he expresses his pleasure at his awesomeness?

Back
Top Bottom