Interference Random Music Talk: Rick Rubin produces the XX

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He might be referring to that thread in EYKIW from this one guy who was royally offended by a "U2 sucks" Facebook page and encouraged all of us to go on Facebook and defend the band.

gotcha. that falls under the inside joke category, then.

i was just intrigued by "crying bathrubs," really. i still want to know what that is.

Day late, dollar short: Achtung Baby > The Bends > OK Computer (there's lots of other albums that could go between those >'s, but for now this is the relevant part)

Bob Dylan and His Band
University Park, PA
Bryce Jordan Center
November 9, 2010

1. Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat
2. This Wheel's On Fire
3. Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again
4. Just Like A Woman
5. Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum
6. Masters Of War
7. Cold Irons Bound
8. Visions Of Johanna
9. Summer Days
10. Forgetful Heart
11. Highway 61 Revisited
12. Can't Wait
13. Thunder On The Mountain
14. Ballad Of A Thin Man

(encore)
15. Jolene
16. Like A Rolling Stone

I'm probably never going to be envious of another concert experience you have, so savor this one.

VERY nice setlist.

The band was very tight. Dylan's instrumentation is phenomenal. Basically the only thing that wasn't good was Dylan's vocals, but I knew that going in.

I listened to Local Natives' album again. This time I was more receptive because I realized the initial description of it I'd been given was grossly inaccurate. This time, it felt like, at first, an indie album by the numbers, but there was enough life in the music that they did something that wasn't necessarily original, but made it worth listening to. Then that passion suddenly died away and I heard music that could easily be good if they just breathed a bit more life into it. The album grew monotonous to the point where I just wanted it to end. It's unfortunate because there really are some great songs hiding in there, but they just can't quite seem to escape.

gave this a spin today.

arrested-development-30-l.jpg

it's great. if i remember to see them live at the festival i'm going to over new year's, aka i'm sober enough to go watch, i can't wait.

He might be referring to that thread in EYKIW from this one guy who was royally offended by a "U2 sucks" Facebook page and encouraged all of us to go on Facebook and defend the band.
yep. but all those threads in general. i cannot fucking understand how someone can get worked up by a person saying they do not like U2.
gotcha. that falls under the inside joke category, then.

i was just intrigued by "crying bathrubs," really. i still want to know what that is.

meant to be bathTubs. the r is right next to the t.

yep. but all those threads in general. i cannot fucking understand how someone can get worked up by a person saying they do not like U2.

meant to be bathTubs. the r is right next to the t.

yeah it is, which is why i'm the one who spelled it "bathrubs" not bathtubs." unless you did too, but in that case i actually didn't even notice it. it was more what the hell is a crying bathtub? because when i read it....ah, you know what? nevermind. it's really not important.

Bob Dylan and His Band
University Park, PA
Bryce Jordan Center
November 9, 2010

1. Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat
2. This Wheel's On Fire
3. Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again
4. Just Like A Woman
5. Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum
6. Masters Of War
7. Cold Irons Bound
8. Visions Of Johanna
9. Summer Days
10. Forgetful Heart
11. Highway 61 Revisited
12. Can't Wait
13. Thunder On The Mountain
14. Ballad Of A Thin Man

(encore)
15. Jolene
16. Like A Rolling Stone

Much better than GAF's setlist. FOUR songs from Blonde On Blonde = awesome. Only one song from Modern Times, and instead you get two from the superior Love & Theft and Time Out of Mind. Plus, you should consider yourself lucky to have heard This Wheel's On Fire.

yeah it is, which is why i'm the one who spelled it "bathrubs" not bathtubs." unless you did too, but in that case i actually didn't even notice it. it was more what the hell is a crying bathtub? because when i read it....ah, you know what? nevermind. it's really not important.

It isn't. But if you're really dying to know (and if you don't then I go on anyway) it's referring to someone crying so much he/she could fill a bathtub with the tears. I.e. crying bathtubs (full with tears)

Oh my! Why is a Dutchie explaining this to you, IWB? To you, of all people!
;)

It isn't. But if you're really dying to know (and if you don't then I go on anyway) it's referring to someone crying so much he/she could fill a bathtub with the tears. I.e. crying bathtubs (full with tears)

Oh my! Why is a Dutchie explaining this to you, IWB? To you, of all people!
;)

how many times have we said, marty, you dutchies 'round these parts (well, not necessarily THESE parts, but other, happier places) speak better english than us native speakers.

it's true. i has bad grammers.

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom