Interference Campaign to Push WITS up the Charts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jeffo17 said:

No Way do you see what bad music they have in the charts these days??? are you saying "Gwen Stafanni - Wind it Up" is better?

You're right, Gwen Stefanni is at the top of all the crap that 's plaed heavily on the radio..... I don't want U2 to become this crap..... commercial friendly-pop soup music.....

Yahweh_OMG said:

You're right, Gwen Stefanni is at the top of all the crap that 's plaed heavily on the radio..... I don't want U2 to become this crap..... commercial friendly-pop soup music.....

Well, then don't call in. But U2 have ALWAYS wanted to be on the radio, in case this is news to you. That hasn't changed over the years. I don't think there's any chance that the band is going to change its mind now. Anyway, why do you think they first leaked WITS to KROQ?

Anyways...

If anyone wants to call, the number is 1-800-520-1067.

Ok....I'm sure you think it's for U2's best..... fine, sorry for screaming at you.....:D but I don't listen to the radio and don't care if a lot of new people will like U2 or not.... I hope not cause it's already difficult to get tickets for their concerts.....:wink:

Yahweh_OMG said:
Ok....I'm sure you think it's for U2's best..... fine, sorry for screaming at you.....:D but I don't listen to the radio and don't care if a lot of new people will like U2 or not.... I hope not cause it's already difficult to get tickets for their concerts.....:wink:

Yep i know what your saying.. I sometimes hear people say U2 is the Biggest band in the world and i still think there could be way more U2 fans that have not really discovered them. But i personally just have this desire for them to be the Biggest by leaps and bounds. So i just think the more exposure the Bigger they will be and thats my personal goal. :tongue:

But really I think U2 like to have impact in the charts so even if we couldnt get WITS playes much on the Radio and it doesent do well they might even try harder to get popier radio songs....

I hate to be the grinch who stole WITS...but let's be real here folks - this song doesn't even come close to Beautiful Day.
Beautiful Day was a rock solid "hit" type song - Window in the Skies is a fairly decent album track or B-side.

Harry Vest said:
I hate to be the grinch who stole WITS...but let's be real here folks - this song doesn't even come close to Beautiful Day.
Beautiful Day was a rock solid "hit" type song - Window in the Skies is a fairly decent album track or B-side.

:yes:

I just requested as well. Also they have a countdown every night on KROQ called the furios 5 at 9. Certain nights the countdown is specified but most of the time it's the most requested song. Could be worth a shot as well. If Kroq plays it alot, I garuntee that Star 98.7 will follow, it's just how it works out here.

fca780 said:
here in Costa Rica (yes, international baby) I'm requesting it and only today, it's been played 4 times during the afternoon/night! Cool... let's keep requesting that thing! it does has potential!
-FCA

Hi :wave: I was in Costa Rica over this past summer. It brings back good memories to have someone on the board from there :D

A week to go before release and the only time I've heard it on the radio is at the end of U2R1. Only seen the video on TV once.

Bono's 2nd favourite U2 song is going to flop.

Keep voting guys here a the links!

Most Important!
http://www.kroq-data.com/request/

For me in Australia!
http://www.929.com.au/hot30/index/vote

WQAL - Cleveland
http://www.q104.com/pages/110199.php

WTMX Chicago
http://www.wtmx.com/requests.php

adrball said:
A week to go before release and the only time I've heard it on the radio is at the end of U2R1. Only seen the video on TV once.

Bono's 2nd favorite U2 song is going to flop.

I Thinks Saints is getting Played Heaps now it has definitely had its fair share of airplay. But i remember before it was released for download it got hardly any mention... Even now i am hearing Saints heaps but never much early on..... WITS will most likely be the same. Did you know WITS is not out as a single yet when it does it will be played a lot more just like saints was.

Last edited:
Also ... good news! The song is now regaining spins on the HOT AC chart ... and it's already in the top 20 most played videos on VH1 in the U.S.

Thanks! They never ended up playing it but they did play New Years Day and then Still Haven't....I'm going to keep hounding them this week.

this thread title really should of been done in big letters so more people vote... Like this "WITS VOTE FOR IT HERE!".

God I love this song.

"And to love I rhapsodize!!!!"

"For every heart that cries
Love left a window in the skies

And to love I rhapsodize"

Beautiful!

Jeffo17 said:
this thread title really should of been done in big letters so more people vote... Like this "WITS VOTE FOR IT HERE!".

Agreed... or something like, "CALL KROQ @ 1-800-520-1067 AND REQUEST 'WITS'"

Any chance one of the Mods could start a new thread and merge it with this one?

:D

...Just called and requested it 2x here.

"[WITS] might be our best song" - Bono

Back
Top Bottom