Inside Broadcast V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a bizarre day this has been.

Oh well, at least I have an AV with two puppies kissing now.

Zootlesque said:

Well, you did get a new dog didn't you?

In a few days I will have one, yes.

I think it's perfect timing...a sign if you will. I can use a picture of the puppy as an avatar. It'll be like the punk rock version of U2Man...youthful zeal and all. :yes:

Discussion of banned or suspended members is not allowed, which I realize is a borderline issue concerning this thread. Keep mentioning names though, and this thread is over.

What happens when you are banned? Can you still sign in and see other people's posts?

Random question...sorry.

Oooh! A banning! What a nice Sunday surprise. :)

(yeah, yeah I know it wasn't a real surprise, but don't rain on my parade.)

On the plus side, several people now have much cuter avatars! :love:

Somebody esplain the last banning to me because I searched high and low for insulting trolling posts that this user supposedly posted and I found none insulting or offensive.

Does not make sense.

^
Your sig line photo is...disturbing. Hilarious, but disturbing.

:lol:

As of right now he is SUSPENDED, not banned.

But just a little tip.. at the rate everyone is carrying on, you are not helping him, you're making it worse.

Respectfully, may I ask why that is? I don't want to get the thread closed, I'm just curious as to why what other people say might affect someone's ban/suspension being lifted. Thanks.

absintheminded said:
Somebody esplain the last banning to me because I searched high and low for insulting trolling posts that this user supposedly posted and I found none insulting or offensive.

Does not make sense.

Well, Sicy's explanation in Inside Broadcast is pretty self explanatory. Anyone that has been on this board for awhile knows what she is talking about. Some of those guilty of similiar behaviour are coming to his defense. Imagine that. :wink:

Its temporary, not a major deal.

Seems like Blue Room is the only one here that reads these boards.

While I completely understand and respect that some people may not agree with the decision, the disruptive behavior by some is not going to bring him back any quicker.

Lets please move on. Again, this is most likely just a temporary 'time-out'. There is no need for all the hoopla.

Bonochick said:
ATTENTION

Any member who changes their signature and/or avatar as a show of support for a banned or suspended member will only be getting themselves in trouble. Anybody who is in violation of this rule is advised to make the appropriate changes before action is taken.

I don't disagree that U2Man would occasionally live on the edge of the board's rules, but this above rule is really ridiculous. I don't even have words to describe it. Since I'm a dork, it makes me think of Umbridge's rules in Harry Potter 5....watch the movie in July if you don't know what I mean. "Power trip" and "grasping for control" are phrases that come to mind. Laughable.

There are better ways to moderate than to try and control each action, joke, etc. To try and create a community feel and then to ban members of that community from discussing a fellow member's banning is ludicrous. Puppy dog avatars cause some laughs for a few days, and that's all--it's not like someone's dying or anything. It's an internet forum for pete's sake. Systems that try to quash all rebellion end up with the worst rebellions of them all.

Last edited:
^ I would have to agree with Utoo. I've seen much worse avatars & sigs out there. But displaying an image is more like a silent protest. I wouldn't necessary put it at the same level as typing the person's name. Perhaps it is sort of a memorial for some. :shrug:

Last edited:
Utoo said:

I don't disagree that U2Man would occasionally live on the edge of the board's rules, but this above rule is really ridiculous. I don't even have words to describe it. Since I'm a dork, it makes me think of Umbridge's rules in Harry Potter 5....watch the movie in July if you don't know what I mean. "Power trip" and "grasping for control" are phrases that come to mind. Laughable.

There are better ways to moderate than to try and control each action, joke, etc. To try and create a community feel and then to ban members of that community from discussing a fellow member's banning is ludicrous. Puppy dog avatars cause some laughs for a few days, and that's all--it's not like someone's dying or anything. It's an internet forum for pete's sake. Systems that try to quash all rebellion end up with the worst rebellions of them all.

Exactly.

FIGHT THE POWER!

Ian_fight_the_power.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom