Indicator of how good it is ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yup, its in the middle somewhere for me. It might be in the top 5 but it's just getting overplayed with that stupid i-tunes commerical.

It's probably in my bottom five and I still think it's an awesome song. This album has SO MUCH going for it, it's unbelievable.

Vertigo is definately the "catchiest" song on the album on first listen, but I agree it is not the best song on the album.

This is a very strong album, start to finish. Definiately the strongest and most cohesive since AB, in my opinion.

Vertigo is probably in the bottom 6 of the album at this stage, which is quite remarkable because off the past 3 albums, discotheque, beautiful day and zooropa were by far the standout tracks from those albums....all of them the opening track.

The fact that many people call so many different songs 'their favorite' is telling. In a very good way. My favorite is 'Original of the Species,' which (to me) almost sounds like three or four different songs in one. Indeed, the last minute or so of this song transports me to a whole other level...and echoes of 'Where The Streets Have No Name' resound.

For me, there are more enjoyable songs on this disc than perhaps any other by U2. And the songs I feel are somewhat 'lesser' are growing on me after each listen.

Since one of the comparisons being floated is between 'Bomb' and 'ATYCLB,' my vote is exceedingly in the camp of 'Atomic Bomb.'

Chris in NH

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom