Inauguration Setlist Party - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why does everyone hate "One" all of a sudden?

Maybe they should play "Miami"; it's the new "One"...:wink:

Totally, he looked so happy :heart:

So a friend of mine called me right before Pride started to tell me he just broke up with his girlfriend... so I missed it and only heard COBL! Hopefully it will be on YouTube soon.

Sucks for your friend.

This old guy is cute

Wow! I'm blown away!

"A Palestinian dream!" Who else would have the GUTS to say something like that?

I agree. I thought it was great to say both Israeli & Palestinian. That's the whole fucking point---it's everyone's dream. :up:

Canada actually has it's own version of this song.....From Bonavista, to Vancouver Island.....From the Arctic Circle to the Great Lakes waters,This land was made for you and me.

Bono's really going to the next level as far as ass kissing is concerned. Pride was ok but COBL was lame. Bono should just sing and stop improvising, he's just not very good at it these days. I hope Larry talks some sense into him. :hmm: :huh:

I agree. I thought it was great to say both Israeli & Palestinian. That's the whole fucking point---it's everyone's dream. :up:

In the film of the rehearsal last night, I think he only said Palestine, if I'm not mistaken, no Israel. I can remember thinking "uh-oh, wonder how that's going to play live..." Good on him for doing it, though. :up:

Wow! I'm blown away!

"A Palestinian dream!" Who else would have the GUTS to say something like that? THIS is the man Bono hasn't felt like he could be while Nixon, er I mean, Bush was in office! I'm so moved...

And I loved his antics. His voice wasn't quite right, but the theatrics more than made up for it!

Senor Vox got his balls back

Agreed. Last night, in the rehearsal, he hadn't mentioned Israel. I thought he was right to add it in the finished version today. This is the point! This is how Ireland finally stopped fighting: It doesn't matter who's right, "just stop fighting each other!"

Setlist
(Denzel Washington - Speech)
Bruce Springsteen and Choir - The Rising
(Laura Linney and Martin Luther King III - Speech)
Mary J. Blige - Lean On Me
(Jamie Foxx and Steve Carrell - Speech)
Betty LaVette and Jon Bon Jovi - A Change Is Gonna Come
(Tom Hanks and Aaron Copland - Speech with Orchestra)
(Marisa Tomei - Speech)
James Taylor, John Legend, and Jennifer Nettles - Shower for the People
John Mellencamp - Pink Houses
(Queen Latifah - Speech)
Josh Groban, Heather Headley, and Choir - My Country 'Tis of Thee
(Kal Penn and George Lopez - Speech)
Herbie Hancock, Will.i.am, and Sheryl Crow - One Love/Where Is the Love (snippet)
(Tiger Woods - Speech)
Renee Fleming and US Naval Academy Glee Club - You'll Never Walk Alone
(Jack Black and Rosario Dawson - Speech)
Garth Brooks - American Pie/Shout/We Shall Be Free
(Ashley Judd - Speech)
Usher, Shakira, and Stevie Wonder - Higher Ground
(Samuel L. Jackson - Speech)
U2 - Pride (In the Name of Love)/City of Blinding Lights
(Challenger the Bald Eagle with Orchestra - Stoic Poses)
(Barack Obama - Speech)
Pete Seeger and Bruce Springsteen - This Land Is Your Land
Beyonce - America, The Beautiful

Back
Top Bottom