U2 performing at inauguration! (rehearsal video posted)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
and he is???

:ohmy: Really?

American singer-songwriter from Indiana, used to go by John Cougar Mellencamp. Had a good many hits in the 80s, married to a former model, still puts out an album every few years. Not so much with the big hits anymore.

What would be the oddest band to perform at an inauguration? It would be hilarious if there ever will be a president who is a big fan of Animal Collective....

Hmmm....everyone's only playing one song.... I'm starting to doubt we'll get GOYB. :sad:

probably end the show with One and that's it...:sigh:

I wouldn't call John Mellencamp a country performer. He's as country as Bruce Springsteen, which is to say ... not that much.

Every time I hear this song I think of being packed on a balcony with about 10 other very drunk people singing this song at a friend's birthday party. Somebody across the apartment complex opened a window and yelled at us to shut up :lol:

Hmmm....everyone's only playing one song.... I'm starting to doubt we'll get GOYB. :sad:

probably end the show with One and that's it...:sigh:

GOYB was never going to be there anyway.

God I hope they won't just do One. I really think they should do Pride.

Did anyone here really think they'd play GOYB? A song that has nothing to do with anything going on here today?

It's not a part of their promo tour.

He's still Cougar to me:wink:

"Pink Houses" along with "Our Country" was played by Sen. John McCain at political events for his 2008 presidential campaign. Mellencamp contacted the McCain campaign to request that they cease playing his music.

At least he didn't play that damned "this is my country" song that was in those truck commercials last year. :yuck:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom