Bono in Denver at Obama's speech?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jeannie, peace with you too. :D

To me, it doesn't matter whether Bono was there or not. As I alluded to before, I had info that he actually was supposed to be there too (this was from a source back in July) but I didn't want to say anything about it in any U2 forum for fear that people would come out of the woodwork (like they normally do whenever I have info of this sort to share with others) and accuse me of not knowing what I'm talking about.

I don't really know for sure if he ever showed up at the Dem Convention - and it really doesn't matter to me. The great absence of pictures and reports from the Dem Convention except for a blurb in the NY newspaper and your cousin's statement that Bono was at an event which your cousin didn't attend (?) really is only CIRCUMSTANTIAL info, not definitive info.

Jeannie, I think that you're a great person and U2 fan. I also like your enthusiasm for Obama. Just keep Bono and Obama separate - they are not the same person. And enthusiasm for Obama should be of a different nature than enthusiasm for Bono. Obama is a serious politician - not a rock star.

(Please ask your cousin if he can find any pics of the event that he didn't attend for us.) :hyper:

Hey Jamilla,
Thanks, I understand what you are saying...and thanks for the compliments, I think.
I think you should know by now I don't post information here just for attention, yes , that is what you insinuated.
I was just sharing what information I had to be kind and thoughtful, because I know people here like to keep tabs on Bono. :D

Also, I have been nothing but kind to you, but please, your tone is very condescending and accusational towards me in a passive aggresive manner. Saying that I am making Obama and Bono the same person?? wt?:|
Come on, making comparisons between two great men does not an identity crisis make.

Like I said dear, peace be with you.

Jeannie :hug:

I also like your enthusiasm for Obama. Just keep Bono and Obama separate - they are not the same person. And enthusiasm for Obama should be of a different nature than enthusiasm for Bono. Obama is a serious politician - not a rock star.

Wow, did ANYONE in this thread liken Obama to Bono (or vice versa)? :huh:

Bono's very involved in American politics (almost too much for my taste) which I consider a fact, so I don't see any problem with someone questioning whether or not he was at the convention, especially considering he has gone in the past...

Where one's enthusiasm comes from is entirely their own business. JMHO

I heard that he was not there.

I'm just going to say one more thing:

I think it's frightening how people are reacting to Obama; charisma won't fix our country.

That is all.

With all due respect Rachel D, I think Obama has much more to offer than just charisma. I think Obama is the new voice of America. I think he hears our griping, fretting, seething, hoping, and desperation. He has stated several times that he is " a blank screen on which people of vastly different political stripes project there own views". I think that is what America needs, some one who will listen. Barack has also stated "This election is not about me... this campaign is about you". Obama has a diverse back ground with roots spreading from Kansas to Kenya. Obama believes that "there is no black America, no white America, no Latino or Asian. America, just the United States of America." When I vote for Obama I will vote for him because I see him as not only a man with great charisma but I also see a man who reflects the widespread feeling among the younger America that time is marching forward but the politics are not.

With all due respect Rachel D, I think Obama has much more to offer than just charisma. I think Obama is the new voice of America. I think he hears our griping, fretting, seething, hoping, and desperation. He has stated several times that he is " a blank screen on which people of vastly different political stripes project there own views". I think that is what America needs, some one who will listen. Barack has also stated "This election is not about me... this campaign is about you". Obama has a diverse back ground with roots spreading from Kansas to Kenya. Obama believes that "there is no black America, no white America, no Latino or Asian. America, just the United States of America." When I vote for Obama I will vote for him because I see him as not only a man with great charisma but I also see a man who reflects the widespread feeling among the younger America that time is marching forward but the politics are not.

:applaud::up: Yep. He is sooo much more than charisma indeed. I could write pages and pages about why I am voting for him but that's another topic for another forum so I will just leave it be.
And yes RachelD Bono was there too.
He will probably show up at John McCain's speech too because that's Bono, he is terminally bi-partisan these days which is just great isn't it? :D
That's what it's all about....crossing lines and bridging the divisions the last 8 yrs have brought this country. :wave:

Thanks Jeannie for handling the discussion in this thread with a lot of respect for all of us.

I'm glad that we can share our opinions without devolving into arguments. As I've always said - we can disagree without becoming disagreeable.

Mulago Positive Women’s Network :heart:

Wow, did ANYONE in this thread liken Obama to Bono (or vice versa)? :huh:

Bono's very involved in American politics (almost too much for my taste) which I consider a fact, so I don't see any problem with someone questioning whether or not he was at the convention, especially considering he has gone in the past...

Where one's enthusiasm comes from is entirely their own business. JMHO
Thank you for saying that Liesje.

I heard that he was not there.

I'm just going to say one more thing:

I think it's frightening how people are reacting to Obama; charisma won't fix our country.
QUOTE]

Some may be quick to denounce Obama as nothing more than 'charisma' or 'celebrity'.

Sure Obama has lots of charisma. Most are not reacting to Obama's charisma but to his ideas, vision for our country and proposed policies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom