I'm In Big Trouble

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he hasn't mentioned the drink yet, you could always subtly remind him. Maybe one day after work if you happen to see him and he asks what you're up to that night, you could say 'I might be having drinks with a girlfriend of mine'.

Reminds him about drinks and maybe gets his butt in gear.

Of course the downside is that he's about to ask you out for drinks that night and he'll think you have plans.

I suck at this, lol. Anyone have any better suggestions?

It's kind of weird, though... I don't want to be pushy. :uhoh: He definitely has to have the email by now, and we've been fine the times we've seen each other since, but he has been sick and busy with work, etc, and maybe he wouldn't want other people walking by if he's about to ask me out, which wouldn't make sense then since we were alone on the elevator together last week...

Maybe he really is just slow when it comes to things in this department.

wenda said:
If he hasn't mentioned the drink yet, you could always subtly remind him. Maybe one day after work if you happen to see him and he asks what you're up to that night, you could say 'I might be having drinks with a girlfriend of mine'.

Reminds him about drinks and maybe gets his butt in gear.

Of course the downside is that he's about to ask you out for drinks that night and he'll think you have plans.

I suck at this, lol. Anyone have any better suggestions?

Yep! How about stopping by his desk for a moment and ask if he'd like a drink after work? :p :wink:

^ could be

do your collegue ever organize happy hours in some places near the office?
if so, you could ask him to reach you...

Otherwise: what about having lunch together??

lady luck said:
^ could be

do your collegue ever organize happy hours in some places near the office?
if so, you could ask him to reach you...

Otherwise: what about having lunch together??

Where I work there are a ton of bars in the vicinity, so happy hours are plentiful once work lets out.

I just think it's been a real busy time and perhaps when he's settled with things it'll be easier for him to think about things like the cutie at work who has it bad for him. :p

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
It's kind of weird, though... I don't want to be pushy. :uhoh: He definitely has to have the email by now, and we've been fine the times we've seen each other since, but he has been sick and busy with work, etc, and maybe he wouldn't want other people walking by if he's about to ask me out, which wouldn't make sense then since we were alone on the elevator together last week...

Maybe he really is just slow when it comes to things in this department.

If this was me, I know I'd want to just find out whether he wanted to go out or not rather than just waiting and waiting, and the longer I left it the harder it would be to finally ask him what was going on. You're gonna have to ask him whats going on sooner or later, unless you can live with never knowing! I know it would tear me up not knowing.. and yeah like I said the longer you you leave it the more awkward it will be. :shrug:

He needs to have a housewarming party. :angel:

You might want to suggest that to him. And if he says "oh that's too much work" (or something similar) you could then just say "Well then I'll just have to take you out for drinks to celebrate!"

Take the bull by the horns!! :yes:

indra said:

You might want to suggest that to him. And if he says "oh that's too much work" (or something similar) you could then just say "Well then I'll just have to take you out for drinks to celebrate!"

Oooooo! I like this idea!!

Oh my ... I just got caught up on everything.

Wow ... it sounds like he definitely could still be interested. If he weren't he would be going out of his way to avoid you.

Maybe the next time you bump into him you could tell him what a rough day it's been and that you could really go for a beer. It's the perfect opening for him to ask you out for that drink.

indra said:

Oohh, this is a good one. Me likey.

Just caught up on everything! :)

I haven't had time to read over all the replies, mainly focusing on April's posts.. so I apologize if I am already stating something that someone else has said..

But here goes. His delay might be that he doesn't feel a reply is necessary. In that there isn't anything to reply to - since yours was an informative "just FYI" type of email, and not a question that he would need to reply to. I know alot of people that don't reply to emails simply because they don't feel a response is necessary. So FWIW, that was the kneejerk reaction I had to all of this. :shrug:

No kidding! :slant:

That new Madonna song could very well be my theme right now. Grr....

Very true. Great song, too bad it's so you right now.

Hmmm, anything happen today we should know about? lol

wenda said:

Very true. Great song, too bad it's so you right now.

Hmmm, anything happen today we should know about? lol

Thanks for the reply, Carrie. That has been my conclusion as well, kind of a "if you ever want to..." type thing. :)

My friend told me he took vacation time so he could start packing/moving into the house. I told my friend, "Hey, I would have helped him!", to which she laughed. ;)

I keep joking that I should print out this entire thread and stick it in a file folder and throw it on his desk. :shifty:

I've skimmed thru some of this over the last few days...

question - do you know where his new house is :shifty: Has he made it known :shifty:

Lila64 said:
I've skimmed thru some of this over the last few days...

question - do you know where his new house is :shifty: Has he made it known :shifty:

I remember him talking to us about moving back in September. He had a house but something went wrong with the inspection, so I'm not sure if this house (he hasn't really talked about anything house related with me - too busy asking me about my concerts! :p) is located in the same general area as the other one. :hmm:

I'm just getting very impatient, frankly... New house, sicknesses and work be damned! :rant: :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom