I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm kind of shocked at myself for actually liking this. I love the chorus and the "Baby, baby, baby" part is awesome and obviously reminiscent of Ultraviolet. Some parts I don't like but overall I think this is going to grow on me.

At this point, I think Magnificent is probably a better song, but this is a very close second. I like it when U2 are joyful ... because nobody does it better. And this song is joy from start to finish. The chorus is probably the best on the album. It sounds to me like I Still Haven't Found What I'm looking For and Ultraviolet have been put in a blender and this is what we got. Another awesome song.

Still my favorite after a few listens of the whole shebang.

This is U2 at their cheesy best. Platitudes galore, but who cares? It sounds great. Definitely should have been the first single.

I'm astonished, this is definitely the most listenable on the new record, and my favorite at the moment after Magnificent, wasn't expecting that.

IMO it is the weakest song of this album.

pop , boring even if the voice of bono is ok.

Just heard this on the radio here in Salt Lake City!!! X96 played it about an hour ago...They've also played Breathe and Magnficent

At this point, I think Magnificent is probably a better song, but this is a very close second. I like it when U2 are joyful ... because nobody does it better. And this song is joy from start to finish. The chorus is probably the best on the album. It sounds to me like I Still Haven't Found What I'm looking For and Ultraviolet have been put in a blender and this is what we got. Another awesome song.

My thoughts exactly. I love this song :heart:

This, Breathe and Stand Up Comedy and I can't stomach

Crazy Tonight is poppy. I'm sick of U2 doing this stuff.

Unknown Caller, FEZ...daring and different. that's where they belong

Great song. My only complaint is Bono's falsetto. He clearly can do it better (as shown in some of the other new songs). Why didn't they redub his falsetto parts?

Great song. My only complaint is Bono's falsetto. He clearly can do it better (as shown in some of the other new songs). Why didn't they redub his falsetto parts?

I thought it fit the song. It was almost funny, which I think is the way the song as a whole feels... joyful pop, borderline hilarious in its jubilation.

Wow. Its amazing how much people's opinions differ! My sentiments are almost the exact opposite of this...

I have ranked Crazy Tonight as tied with Unknown Caller as the best record on the album. I believe, it also has the best riff on the album. It is also the song I was most shocked by, as somehow I had formed a preconception in my mind that it would be the one song I hated.

However, I do agree with you about that one song that ruins the album, and it is.... BOOTS! I have completely removed Boots from the albums playlist, as it is not only the single worst song U2 have ever recorded, it may very well be one of the worst songs ever recorded by a well recognized band.

Releasing boots as the first single, was imo, incredibly stupid. My local alt rock radio station played it a couple times when it was released and the reception was understandably poor. The audience and the DJs weren't mean; they seem to have respect for u2, but all thought the song was terrible. Discussion on whether u2 'still have it', etc...

However, that said, I don't think u2 should have any concern for trying to get radio play for their singles this album. Its not a real radio friendly album.

In what could be close to their best album ever, there was never any doubt that there would be one song, just one song, that comes very close to the title of most appalling piece of music the band has ever made.

Crazy Tonight sounds like the theme tune to a bad mid-western America family comedy drama (like Party of Five) or even worse, a movie, any movie, starring Meg Ryan.

Get On Your Boots cannot come quick enough, and now has gone from being 6 out of 10, to 8 out of 10, simply because it rescues the album from Crazy Tonight.

Making 'Crazy' the next single would be career suicide for U2. It will not chart and will be abandonded by commercial radio, never to be played again, killing what should be a great album.

10/10 along with unknown caller....sounds a wee bit like the charlatans tellin stories at the start, tim burgess will be on the blower for a writing credit.

This one floored me- I was convinced, by the reviews, I was going to despise this. Instead, it jumps on the record...

I love this track. So uplifting. I prefer Bono's imperfect falsetto, it makes the track seem human.

Back
Top Bottom