I watched every episode of Arrested Development this week

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

david

ONE love, blood, life
I got the complete series from Amazon for 54 dollars.

I can't believe this show was cancelled. Seriously.

It's was/so damn good.

There's no reason why this show should die.

I hope they do a movie or something. Look what happened to Firefly.

It will be my favorite show of all-time for a long time.

I worship this show, but, it ended because it had poor ratings for 3 straight years.

Trust me, if it were not so good, it would not have even made it to a 2nd season, but, despite the ratings FOX was showing faith in it, believe it or not. It's easy to criticize studios, but, in this case, Fox really did try to do the right thing.

But, after 3 seasons, it was just impossible to keep it on the air....sadly.

Easily one of my 5 favorite shows of all time...it just never caught on with the general public.

Your damn fault, Phil. Thanks. (Grossman sucks)

It didn't help much that FOX promoted the show horribly and stuck it in many bad timeslots.

And the fact that Nielsen ratings are outdated and don't factor in TiVo yet.

No, I'm not bitter. :grumpy:

The ratings difference with Tivo would have been negligible, especially its first season or two. DVRs and Tivos are just now becoming more common outside of major media markets. Also, it's a poor argument to mention Tivo because every single show is rated without the benefit of Tivo homes, so, it's an even playing field. If you told me that NBC and CBS were able to factor Tivo into their ratings but ABC and Fox could not, ok, that makes sense, but, if Desperate Housewives garners a 12.0 rating and AD is doing a 1.5, well, that's not about Tivo.

And, Fox promoted the crap out of the show for the first season, they were really jazzed about the show and gave it as much love as anything else of theirs. It was cross promoted heavily as well. Also, the scheduling was consistent for the first season.

Sometimes, good shows are just not appreciated by John Q Public, and it's just too simple to blame marketing or scheduling.

Look at Yes, Dear or According to Jim. These shows, to me, are painful. But, they rate, and it's not because of the marketing.

Believe me, I'd LOVE to see AD still on the air, but, I get why it's not.

I'm just glad it lasted as long as it did and that the DVDs are so damned good.

LemonMacPhisto said:
It will be my favorite show of all-time for a long time.
Same here :up:

Another great thing about AD is that when you go back to watch an episode there are usually small things you missed the first time around - whether it's a subtle joke, an obscure set prop, or a reference to a previous episode(s).

Such a brilliant series :sad:

Queen Bee said:
Same here :up:

Another great thing about AD is that when you go back to watch an episode there are usually small things you missed the first time around - whether it's a subtle joke, an obscure set prop, or a reference to a previous episode(s).

Such a brilliant series :sad:

That's the best part, agreed...unlike just about any other show you can name, this actually has things you might have missed the first time around. Brilliant is the word.

dazzlingamy said:
It seriously is my favourite show of all time. It's just brilliant!

And i understand WHY it was cancelled, I just don't agree with it, and when looking at other shows that stayed around for tooooo long compared to this awesome show it pisses me off. :mad: :mad:

If only the American viewing public at large shared this thread's tastes, it'd still be going strong.

But, they don't, so, you get Desperate Housewives and Yes, Dear and the Charline Sheen yuck-fest and a baby or whatever the fuck it's called, etc.

Atleast shows like The Office, 30 Rock, Scrubs, and Earl can still stay on the air on network television.

:up:

I wish the last season had at least 18 or 22 episodes... but it was cut back to 13 episodes. It just felt like everything was so rushed towards the end.

There were a few jarring episodes towards the end of the 2nd season too.

I had all my Ad episodes on my ipod. My computer somehow deleted everything off my ipod and now i have no AD.

thetitans2k said:
I had all my Ad episodes on my ipod. My computer somehow deleted everything off my ipod and now i have no AD.

are the videos on your itunes?

brilliant series, a shame it was so short lived :down:

my current favorite shows have decreased to 3 now : curb your enthusiasm, office, house,

weeds sucked towards the end of season 2 and scrubs has sucked for a long time now but i can still watch their earlier stuff and get a good laugh.

but I digress, I really need to get that 3 season boxset thingy
and I'll probably watch in a matter of days
:reject:

My sister lent me the complete series over Christmas and I just finished watching it... I am so pissed off it took me this long to see it, and it's a real shame it never caught on.

The scene at George’s Funeral with Buster dressed in the army "costume" helping Gob with his coffin trick had me howling... I had to pause the DVD because I couldn't see anymore, I was laughing so hard I was crying.

I've never watched a single episode, but a lot of people whose opinions I respect adore the show.

I was just in a pawn shop and they had the first season for 15 dollars. I haggled down to 10, and now I own the first season. I'll start watching it soon.

when I watch the show I think its brilliant, but I resent the running plot line

I watched the show for the first time tonight! It now comes on CBC in Canada, just before our local news. I laughed so hard, I almost choked on my chicken dinner. The prison father/son relationship is priceless. :lol:

I just finished watching season 3 today and I've got to say it was a damned shame that they canceled the series. At least though they tied everything in... that was a nice little twist. :wink:

Even when it was about to be canceled it still went out with a bang. I had a couple of great laughs with the last few eps.

Well, Barb and Jaz, you guys were right.

I KO'd the first disc over last night and today and I'm hooked.

Back
Top Bottom