I was bored. So I drew a picture...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Babydoll said:
how fun, drawing bono's lips over and over again! :drool:

believe me, it ain't!
it's frustrating as hell when they aren't right and you have to do it a million times and it's STILL not good.. his lips are just too feminine to draw normally for me!

I was just noticing that too and was thinking Oh Noo! It will be shut down soon then... :( But yay, it was a cool thread! :)

SimplyConfused said:

They're bloody hell! They're quite thin, and whenever I draw lips, they all look like women's lips. Wow, almost 500 and I started this thread! I think this is the longest thread that I started, ever, for me, anyway.

yea I have the same problem!!
it's beacuse his upper lip is thin, and his lower is full.. .that makes it feminine....

also, we ARE gonna start a new thread when this one's at 500 right?

Zooperson they're great, but I think you give Bono a bit too much lines, they're so deep, they make him look older.. :)

yeah you are right about that. that pic was out of my sketch book for school. not my best work

Last edited:
zooper nice stuff! :D

particulary blindfold B {strong graphical look}, FLy B like the four of them reflected in his shades,
l
ast Edge is good
first edge is very good shading!
The only thing somewhat off is his face is too wide toward the eekbones / temples.....

okay so i thought i posted this one earlier in this thread but i looked through all the pages and i guess i didn't. it's in an older art thread. but this is one i spent a lot of time on unlike the ones out of my sketch book. it scanned a little lightly though:

3468798%3A%3A%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3258%3E237%3E282%3EWSNRCG%3D3232%3A74238485nu0mrj

GALEON GIRL..and other B drawers........

if you look at Bono from some stricly profile photos....you will see that his lower lip tends to protrude past his upper lip [it's a trait that is even in some famous portraaits of some royality up in the mid-Northern europeans -- this happ[ened to be pointed out on a book on Evolution-- trait past down]

NOW MOST PEOPLES lips-- because you see it in Art Intruction Books of Drawing Faces....basically MAKE THE RULE that the Lower Lip is a bit further back than the upper one!

Trust me I've seen this in MANY books.

SOOOOO esp if you are looking a the majority of photos the eye level {Point Of View}of the camraperson is some what above his lips/nose tip......so the extra part of his bottom lip LOOKS FULLER because there's more of it THAN Most People usually have! most people's lips recede under their upper lip.

But since it's more unusual....people keep thinking it's too full...doesn't look right as they try to draw it...becuase they are unconciously picturing how most pesople's lips look etc because it's not what you normally see.

It just soo happens that once i got to see so many more photos of him through HERE :heart: {and all of them :D} i saw some profiles and went "oooOOooohh, his lowere lip prrudes..somewhat like that royalty painting i saw in a book yesars ago.

THAT's how I found this out! :)

dazzledbylight said:
GALEON GIRL..and other B drawers........

if you look at Bono from some stricly profile photos....you will see that his lower lip tends to protrude past his upper lip [it's a trait that is even in some famous portraaits of some royality up in the mid-Northern europeans -- this happ[ened to be pointed out on a book on Evolution-- trait past down]

NOW MOST PEOPLES lips-- because you see it in Art Intruction Books of Drawing Faces....basically MAKE THE RULE that the Lower Lip is a bit further back than the upper one!

Trust me I've seen this in MANY books.

SOOOOO esp if you are looking a the majority of photos the eye level {Point Of View}of the camraperson is some what above his lips/nose tip......so the extra part of his bottom lip LOOKS FULLER because there's more of it THAN Most People usually have! most people's lips recede under their upper lip.

But since it's more unusual....people keep thinking it's too full...doesn't look right as they try to draw it...becuase they are unconciously picturing how most pesople's lips look etc because it's not what you normally see.

It just soo happens that once i got to see so many more photos of him through HERE :heart: {and all of them :D} i saw some profiles and went "oooOOooohh, his lowere lip prrudes..somewhat like that royalty painting i saw in a book yesars ago.

THAT's how I found this out! :)

Wow!! Cool and interesting advice!! I haven't noticed that myself :ohmy: Thanks!! :wink: :applaud:

Galeongirl said:
Zooperson they're great, but I think you give Bono a bit too much lines, they're so deep, they make him look older.. :)

also, new pic of my pic... I still CANT get the lips right.. so I decided to start the shading already.. aaargh Bono's lips are frustrating!
ufbono36qr.jpg
:ohmy:

Good job, sweetie :)

I had a picture drawn of Bono as The Fly in New York standing by a very large fountain,unfortuneately it had gotten torn up by bros and sises,no problem though, maybe I could make another one like it...maybe:evil: :censored: :macdevil:

zooperson said:
wow these are all so nice. i love them, i love seeing any u2 fan art. i thought i would share somemore. these are just a few thing that i took pictures of out of my sketch book. criticism welcome.

346873287%7Ffp346%3Enu%3D3258%3E237%3E282%3EWSNRCG%3D3233666448639nu0mrj

346873287%7Ffp345%3Enu%3D3258%3E237%3E282%3EWSNRCG%3D3233666447%3C2%3Anu0mrj

i never finished this one
346873287%7Ffp339%3Enu%3D3258%3E237%3E282%3EWSNRCG%3D323366644863%3Cnu0mrj

and these two are from a mighty long time ago
346873287%7Ffp344%3Enu%3D3258%3E237%3E282%3EWSNRCG%3D3233666447%3C2%3Cnu0mrj

this one is kinda cheating cause it's a drawing of a drawing
346873287%7Ffp33%3B%3Enu%3D3258%3E237%3E282%3EWSNRCG%3D323366644863%3Bnu0mrj

These are FABULOUS! Zooperson..I cant wait to post mine....Just have to finish a few things..:wink:

Great hobby everyone!:applaud:

can't wait to see it!

How are you Bonofox? any upcomming jt shows coming up? i'm 18 now so clubs are A GO! well, some clubs.

Beautifully done!!! Wonderful artwork! Cheers to everyone here!!!! :)

Simply Confused.... time for Volume 2!!!

VicksSs said:

Wow!! Cool and interesting advice!! I haven't noticed that myself :ohmy: Thanks!! :wink: :applaud:

thank you :wink:

that word was supposes to be<sp?> pertrudes..........:uhoh: I was typing very fast before my net session ran out

i should clarify that his lower lip ....there may not be "more" there..but because it pertrudes .........IT LOOKS LIKE MORE b/c as I said it's not sightly hiden by/overshadowed by the top lip that's usually more foward projecting than the lowere one.

Just wanted to make as certain/clear as possible on this info because it IS COUNTER-INTUITIVE physcially & Aesthetically-wise to what we normally really see/or "picture" in our minds

:no: donna want to mix up my fellow Interference artists :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom