I was bored. So I drew a picture...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GeneralGripweed said:
Whoa, excellent drawing MadDaisy! That's really good!! :applaud:

And dazzledbylight, thank you for the kind words! I've had no time to do anything lately. Hopefully when things slow down for me, I'll return to painting.

Thanks!! heheheh :wink:

i started this last nite, it's still not finished yet. it's still got some problems i know lol.
part of me wishes i'd just left it as a pencil drawing and not colored it :banghead:
i'm using oil pastels btw.

bonoalidrawingbw_jpg.jpg

bonoalidrawingcolor_jpg.jpg

your Bono is really good! only Ali is a bit misformed... the shape of the head too broad and manly..
but your Bono one is nice... cowboy Bono :love:

Wow - there is some incredible artwork here! You guys are so amazingly talented! :bow: Thanks for sharing your paintings and drawings. I'm amazed! :up: :up:

ABEL said:
i started this last nite, it's still not finished yet. it's still got some problems i know lol.
part of me wishes i'd just left it as a pencil drawing and not colored it :banghead:
i'm using oil pastels btw.

bonoalidrawingbw_jpg.jpg

bonoalidrawingcolor_jpg.jpg

Wow!!! The colouring in that drawing is so beautiful!! I wish I could colour like that... :up: So cheerful :)

Bono and Ali look nice!! But if you'd like to improve them, whenever you need help with proportions measure the head in the picture (that's generally what you draw first), then the nose or whatever it is you want to draw on the picture and do the 3 rule, the x thing :lol: (dunno if it's called like that in English). You can also do that for distances (eg: distance between mouth and chin, etc) :wink: I do it, and sometimes it works!! :ohmy: :D

btw what photo is that from? I know I've seen it a million times but I can't seem to find it now... Thanks! :)

I (ahum, mom & dad) just pulled my wallet, and let somebody make a paintbrush on the back of a soft leather jacket... 20 years ago! Stil got it... stil got it.. can't throw it away :)
PICT0020small.jpg

PICT0018small.jpg

don't know anymore who made it. In real it looks better than on this pictures. The leather glows to much by photgraphing.

ABEL said:
i think it's slightly improved now...still working on it :wink:

bonoalidrawing2color_small.jpg

bonoalidrawing3color_small.jpg

still working on it :wink:

is it getting better or does it look the same :lol:

anyway i'm about ready to give up on it and start a different picture :grumpy:

I am by no means any kind of expert, but what I notice is that the eyes seem a bit too close together, at least on Bono. I'm not sure, I could be wrong. But I really like the colors, especially the way you used them on the skin tones. Very very nice. :)

bonocomet said:
I am by no means any kind of expert, but what I notice is that the eyes seem a bit too close together, at least on Bono. I'm not sure, I could be wrong. But I really like the colors, especially the way you used them on the skin tones. Very very nice. :)
yea... I think it's his left eye that is too close to the nose...
also, not to be mean or anything, but it's sometimes good to start over if you're not happy about it... maybe try to sketch first next time... and see how it goes, and only start painting when you are absolutely content with it!

GeneralGripweed said:
Once again, not 100% done with this one, but thought I'd post it because I doubt I'll finish it anytime soon.

edge4.jpg

I want to buy that!! How much is it?? :drool: :rockon:

GeneralGripweed said:

Hahahahaha. :lol: I think I'd have a hard time parting with any of my paintings!

But if you were serious... post a picture you'd like... I need to start a new one...

uh can you do the new picture of Bono with short hair :drool:
*points to avatar*
it's in the short hair thread everywhere *searches and makes new link*
peace4mc1eh.jpg

his hands look finely manicured aswell...
I thought of drawing it myself, but you're much better than I am! and I'm already drawing UF Bono in my science book :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom