I walk into rooms and forget why I am there ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UberBeaver

Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
at least 3 times a day. Or I'll walk in for one reason, get distracted by something else, and then leave without having completed my initial task.

This just happened to me, so I thought I should confess it here before I go to complete said task, in hopes that this topic will serve as a reminder in the future, and maybe a refuge so that other people can tell me I'm not alone. It's so lonely being a moron.

I do it all the time. Sometimes I will know what I want to do and walk to the wrong place. I wanted a glass of milk, I went to my laundry room; I wanted to get my cell phone from my room, I go to the computer room.

I have your problem, I have walked into my kitchen, opened the cabinet, taken out a plate, and then suddenly forgotten what I was doing, or realized I wasn't hungry.

that's what happens when I open my computer I forget why I did it end up surfing some website and forget that the reason I'm on it is to send someone an important email.

Now there was something I was supposed to do today :slant:

Numb1075 said:

K, here goes:

2+2=4
4+4=8
8+8=16
16+16=32
32+32=64
64+64=128
128+128=256
256+256=512
512+512=1024
1024+1024=2048

How long do I need to do this, and how will this help me stop forgetting things?

And as for the computer thing, yeah, I do that aall the time. Especially on IMDB. You look up someone, then see something else, next thing you know you're reading about Rebecca Gayheart (again) and hoping they're added more photos to her profile, and then, naturally, she leads to Rose McGowan and next thing you know you never find out who played the doctor on the X-Files ep that was just on TV. It's an endless cycle.

I don't have ADD. I've been tested. My family and friends think I do. I don't.

welcome to my world :wink: hehehehehe... that happens to me all the time... sometimes I have to look for something at the kitchen and when I'm going down the stairs my brain does something weird and I forget what I was looking for. sometimes I misplace things, once I was going to take a dish to the dishwasher, but I went to the laundry room instead and I when I realized what I was doing I was trying to open the washing machine to put the dish into it :coocoo:

I do that all the time. If I ever pass a bathroom on the way to anywhere I find myself standing there fixing my hair or inspecting my face or something, then forget where I was supposed to be going.
or I'll be looking for a pencil...in the refrigerator. :pig:
or I once meant to throw my clothes in the laundry basket but instead put them all in the trash can.

:der:

ok that last one is just stupid and not even really related to the thread, just thought I'd embarrass myself more :drool:

UberBeaver said:

K, here goes:

2+2=4
4+4=8
8+8=16
16+16=32
32+32=64
64+64=128
128+128=256
256+256=512
512+512=1024
1024+1024=2048

How long do I need to do this, and how will this help me stop forgetting things?

:lmao:
I just burst out laughing in public...now I look like a moron.

Now why was I in this thread :scratch:

Try to fax something through the copier. Dial a phone number on a calculator. :reject: We're all too stressed.:huh:

At 9:00 AM this morning I went to the basement to get some paper towels. Since then I've done 3 loads of laundry, fixed a wire in the TV, replaced batteries, ate dinner, watched TV - all in the basement. Just now, @ 11:23 PM, I have finally gotten the paper towels upstairs. 14 hours and 23 minutes it took me.

That happens to me all the time. I get up to do something but end up doing something else and forgetting what I originally wanted to do :laugh:.

^:yes:

Happened to me tonight. I was in the kitchen cooking something and what I needed was a lid for a pot. But I suddenly forgot what I was doing and opened the fridge :lol:

I have these things all of the time... I always end up forgetting why I am in a place and then late at night or something, when I'm lying in my bed I'm thinking to myself, darn, that's what I forgot!!

Oh yes kafrun, that happened to me as well :| :reject:

One tip, if you ever walk into a room where somebody is and you forget what you wanted to say to that person, try walking back to where you were before, it sometimes really helps :wink:

If you open the fridge and forget what you wanted you are okay. However, if you forget what a fridge is, you have a problem.:wink:

That might be a little funny in a strange way if it weren't probably true!! I don't know if I should laugh or cry!!!

What was I going to say?

Oh, last night I loaded the clothes dryer full of really dirty clothes and turned it on. Ewwwww

I forget so many things.

I have left my passport down in a shop at the airport, literally 30 seconds after I was told to not lose it. On two occasions I have left my handbag somewhere - one night I actually went home without it and another day I left it in a changing room and remembered about ten minutes later. I don't carry cards or valuables about with me anymore because I'm terrified I'll lose things. I have a very good memory, I don't need to keep a record of phone numbers or birthdays. I know ancient phone numbers even my 'rellies used to have. When it comes to remembering important things though I'm hopeless. I just get easily distracted if I have lots of things on my mind or someone starts talking to me. It's pretty embarrassing but I have to constantly check to see if I still have everything I left the house with.

i have shown up to the wrong classes many a time. Once i skipped Maths without knowing it coz i go home for lunch so i did and later found out i had maths....

phillyfan26 said:
I don't have ADD. I've been tested. My family and friends think I do. I don't.

Hey me too!

As for the original post, I am right with you. I really have to focus on one task at a time or I will forget both of them.

I think it's gotten worse for me though b/c of the medication I am on.

Here's a great story for you. I once forgot my transfer airline tickets on the airplane I was on first. That was bad...

kafrun said:
Ever bought something at the store and left without it? I have :|

:coocoo::lol:

I've done this! And on two occasions while putting grocies or shopping bags into my car I've set something on the roof of my car and forgotten about that, started driving away with it up there (A Starbucks coffee once and another time a cactus plant).

:ohmy:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom