I heard the whole thing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2DMfan

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I heard the whole thing, I swear.

My friend works for a branch of Universal, he played me the whole album. I dont know whether to take it for what it's worth or not.

It would take a lot to fake it.

I think I heard the real thing.

I don't know if it was real or not. Been drinking since noon, but man it sounded real and good.

My friend is just a slackey for Interscope, he played me a record, and I took him for what it's worth.

All Because of You, was a big rocker, very cool.

I might have been duped, so don't get worked up.
I swore I wouldn't say shit anyways.
What can I say? It was great.

My friend has a lot of American ties, but I don't know.
We often just jam together, I don't know.

I probbaly shouldnt have said anything, but I've been drinking since noon. Sorry, y'all.

I might have been duped man, but Yahweh wasn't even mentioned in the song, that I thought was Yahweh.

Long intro, powerful. Gahd, man, I think it's possible I was duped. But I heard Vertigo, and it was unmistakable.

It was the song on the shitty clip.

Ugh man, never mind, I shouldnt have said anything. Fuck.
It was a crappy listen and I am just another big rumor now.
So, just fuck it. My friend works for Universal, but he's not above playing a trick on me.

I think I was taken, sorry to say. Drunk and willing to listen. My friend just told me that it was a joke, so nevermind. He works for Universal/Interscope.

I did hear Vertigo, absolutely no question about it.

No question about Vertigo, really a fast, quick song., I think it's about 3 and a half minutes long, great vibes.

The other shit was apparentlty a smoke screen.
Sorry to bother folks.

Right. If you are such a big U2 fan, you would know if the other songs were or weren't U2. And, if you had any respect for the band and their label, even if you DID hear the tracks, you wouldn't come here and write about it.

Last edited:
Well, that's not true at all. If I did hear the tracks, I would do whatever I wanted to do with that information.

I would know if any of those songs were U2, of course, but they weren't. So this is a fraud.

It is a fraud. It's meant to make a point.
If you don't get it, then sorry.

You might as well get real drunk now. Whether you like it or not, you just lost some respect. That is a given. You're point? Whatever it was you were trying to do? Are you a preacher here or something? :scratch:

I think he was trying to fish. Catch us out.

I can't see the point really. We're all hyper over the current situation and will respond to anybody seriously (Dalkey beach etc) saying that they have heard any part of new U2. If that was what you were doing:madspit: .

If you were trying to prove some other point please clarify and I will retract my :madspit:

U2DMfan said:
Well, that's not true at all. If I did hear the tracks, I would do whatever I wanted to do with that information.

I would know if any of those songs were U2, of course, but they weren't. So this is a fraud.

It is a fraud. It's meant to make a point.
If you don't get it, then sorry.

You sure you were drinking alcohol? You're posting more like you snorted a pound of coke! :)

SmileyGladhands said:

You sure you were drinking alcohol? You're posting more like you snorted a pound of coke! :)

HAHAHAH!!:laugh:

Maybe PCP, LSD and GHB also. Hell all of them together and you'd think you were U2!

This thread just shows you if you plan to drink, make sure you unplug the computer first.

U2dork said:
This thread just shows you if you plan to drink, make sure you unplug the computer first.

Seriously. Of all the people, i would least expect U2DMFan to start rambling incoherently about hearing the album. WTF. If it was the real deal and a normal quality recording, i would say you would have to be really mashed not to know if it is U2 or not.

The replies of some people made it seem like they believed him.

Last edited:
I've send emails/voicemails pissed before and the hangover induced mortification is enough salt in the wound, so let's not add to it..

well, he thought he heard it.

so what?

give him a break; he was drunk afterall.

no need to beat him up.

at least he heard all of vertigo.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom