i do not like having a journal on here anymore

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissVelvetDress_75

Blue Crack Addict
basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized b
i have decided to lock it up and throw away the key. i do not like people lurking in it and telling other's about my life. i know, it is a bit stupid but for personal reasons i am uncomfortable about it. however, i am comfortable about posting about my desire to smoke weed and get high. :lol: yeah that makes perfect sense. :der:

oh dear, i apologise for that comment in your last journal entry...that's me being stupid again, sorry.

trust me when i say i've never done anything you said in your original post

i was wondering what happened to your journal tonite when i couldn't find it :slant:

now i have to talk to you to find out whats going on

thats no fun

:down:

ahhh, i got so excited in noticing mvd's postcount that i forgot the topic at hand. i understand where you're coming from.

when you lock a journal, does it ever actually go away? like, if six months later you change your mind, will all those entries and replies still be there, or will you have to start anew? regardless, when all this messy stuff is resolved i'm thinking of just starting a completely new journal; my current one is too depressing.

I know just what you mean. I had like 50-something entries in my journal and I made them all private because it just feels a little creepy that anyone can read them (or one particular *someone* can read them). I still think the journals are a fun idea, but I'd write more fun stuff in them, rather than anything serious that I wouldn't want the whole world to know about me.

I've got a livejournal and I love how you can make your posts 'Friends Only'. So, only the people that you allow to view your journal are allowed to see those posts. You can also make Public posts and anyone can read them or Private posts so only you can read them. And, you can create groups and make the post to only that group, etc.

I love it!

I really have nothing interesting to journalize; strange as it may sound, I find myself rather boring - I have more fun commenting with everyone else... there's a line in a recent Dwight Yoakum song that goes "If I was you, I'd avoid me too!" :yes: No more journals for me too! On-Strike!!! :yes:

well since you are excited about my post count, i will use this entry to roll over in to the "you post on here way too much!!" category. :wink: yay me. :| :der: :reject:

lol anyway, U2Lynne, i think i would be more comfortable if the journals in here were set up that way. i just find it odd that some people read my journal and feel the need to notify other's about my life. especially when they do not post in my journal.

Last edited:
i never really got "into" my journal...
most of the time i forget i even have one. :shrug:
anyhoo...i think it's a wise decision for now, iris....i'm behind ya all the way :wink:

Well (maybe your're gonna hate me for say this)... I don't see the journal as a regular journal, you know, a very private thing where you put your deepest thoughts and feelings... If you write something very personal in it you can lock the journal, so other people won't see it...

it would be great if the personal journal was only seen by the closest friends. But in this case, I think the journal is a way to share our experiences... obviously a lot of people gets interested in other's lifes just for fun. I see this journal as an open book where people can write things like the school's anuary, it's a personal desicion if you write very very personal things on it.

I use this site's journal, but there's nothing like a journal book, because I can carry it wherever I want to, and I can write and draw things on it. I have one, and I draw my sketches on it, and write the things that I need to get out of my chest...

lore

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
just something that i posted was shared with someone else. that is all.

i don't understand.

if it was public, it can be seen by anyone, right? even non members. :confused:

*BOOMCHAA!* said:
how would one delete a journal?

you just lock it, which makes it private so no one can see it anymore. you can also go in and delete the entries one by one if you want to...i don't know if there's a way to delete the whole thing at one time tho....anyone know? :shrug:

bonosgirl84 said:

i don't understand.

if it was public, it can be seen by anyone, right? even non members. :confused:

yes, anyone can read your journals. i'll give you two examples...

1. my best friend C reads my journal almost every day. but she's not a member.

2. someone else who was not a member read my journal from time to time. he became a member because of my journal, and me.

well, i wish you would reconsider, miss velvet.
i always really enjoyed reading your journal.

please, will you think about it? :)

maybe we should take a vote. who wants mvd's journal back?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom