I Can't Stop Forking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Yes, that's right. I can't stop forking my peanut butter. There. I said it. I have no more secrets. :drool:

What are your bad food/bored habits?

I pick at my food, I am a really fussy eater, one example is I don't like my salad on the same plate as hot food, I insist on eating my salad from a different plate sometimes I will eat lettuce from the bag of ready-made salad and my Mum goes mad. That's more an annoying habit :up:

When I am bored I flick through all the music channels over and over and over again.

For a minute I read something else but never mind...

I don't like peanuts so I never proved peanut butter. :reject: Americans seem to love it. Am I missing on something?

Well, I'm in college so I usually save my Wordl Lit reading for when I'm in bed (when I was young I read every night before going to sleep). I've developed the habbit of sucking on Now And Laters while I'm reading, AFTER I've brushed my teeth.....

Um, let's see, I drink too much Coke and Dew period.....

I've never had milk, ever. Even as a baby I had soy. I've never had a glass of milk.

And I agree, sweet should NEVER be with salty (cottage cheese and fruit = :barf: )

I hate eating with plastic. My plate and bowl is ceramic, my cups are glass, and my silverware is metal. Plastic leaves a plastic taste. I won't store anything in a plastic baggy either. Must be kept in aluminum foil or a regular dish.

the salty/sweet combo is my downfall...I have to have something sweet to balance the salt and vice versa.

Movie popcorn MUST be accompanied by chocolate covered raisins :drool:

Chips should always be eaten with Hershey's dark chocolate :drool:

Chicken McNuggets and sweet and sour sauce are a match made in heaven :D

food habits? weird? i refuse to eat lettuce, but I'll eat cucumbers and tomatos, so theres half a salad.

i cant stand onions and ill pick them out of even spaghetti sauce if i see any.

if it swims, i dont eat it (with the exception of clam chowdaaa)

i dont eat peppers at all, and i dont like nacho or taco sauce while almost everyone else on earth does

but, i'll eat the parsley on my plate at a restaurant when they give you the little bit of it on the side of the plate.

Im going along with the sweet and salty party line. But I will add one more thing to that, "tart"
When I eat popcorn, I have to have plain and peanut m&m's in a little glass bowl and to drink I must, I repeat, must have cranberry juice.:wink:
Coke, 7-up or anything else just wont do.
I also can not be paid to eat a raw tomato. I love all other things tomato but I will not eat a raw tomato. :madspit:

I don't like mustard, ketchup, mayonaise, or relish. :yuck:

when i eat meat, esp chicken, I pick out any little vein or discolored spot that I see, therefore I am completely unable to eat drumsticks or chicken wings.

I'm not big on the food touching thing either, but I can deal with it.

I don't like drinking the last bit of milk from the container

I'm afraid of eating spoiled food so I usually throw it away before the expiration date, and dryed food like crackers or cereal gets thrown away after being open for 2 weeks max.

I'm sure there are other things I can't think of

So no, I don't have any strange food habits :crack:

ILuvLarryMullen said:
I don't like mustard, ketchup, mayonaise, or relish. :yuck:

when i eat meat, esp chicken, I pick out any little vein or discolored spot that I see, therefore I am completely unable to eat drumsticks or chicken wings.

I'm not big on the food touching thing either, but I can deal with it.

I don't like drinking the last bit of milk from the container

I'm afraid of eating spoiled food so I usually throw it away before the expiration date, and dryed food like crackers or cereal gets thrown away after being open for 2 weeks max.

I'm sure there are other things I can't think of

So no, I don't have any strange food habits :crack:
Hi-are you a long lost relative? Boy that list sounds familiar. I do like Ketchup though:yes:
Seafood of ANY kind :no:
Chocolate covered potato chips :drool:

ILuvLarryMullen said:

:crack: me too...

I have a milk phobia. I like it but I just always think that it's spoiled. Actually I'm like that with cottage cheese, yogurt, sour cream, or anything else dairy. I won't eat any of it unless the experation date is months away. But that's doesn't always work. I usually have to make someone smell or taste it first. If no one is around and I'm not 100% sure that it's still good then I don't eat it. I'm ok with cheese.

I'm a vegetarian and I REFUSE to eat anything that has meat in it. It has to be 100% meat free or I don't touch it. As a rule I'm terrified of red meat. Raw, frozen, or cooked. I can handle the sight of chicken or fish, unless it's raw then forget it, but I get a little nervous around red meat, especially ground red meat. How do you get a cow to be that tiny little size or better yet why would you want to?

I'd rather starve than eat anything that has raw onions in it. If they are cooked I can over look them.

Spaghetti sauce has to be completely 100% plain and boring. If it has a lot of stuff in it, especially big chunks of tomatos I won't eat it.

I refuse to drink orange juice even though I love oranges and right now I have a 12 pack of diet orange Sunkist in my fridge. :drool: But I gag when I see orange juice.

I'm very selective with chocolate. I won't eat it in certain forms, like chocolate cake :barf:

I put mustard, bbq sauce, taco sauce, or any other kind of sauce on most of my food since all I ever eat is cheese, vegetables, or fruit. But no ketchup or mayonaise :yuck:

I KNOW I have a lot more but I think this covers most of my strange behavior around food.

Last edited:
I thought of another.
Sausage. I will only eat pre-cooked Usinger brats and Oscar Meyer hot dogs. Having said that I also have to peel the casing off of both :reject: When I do this I get a few odd looks:ohmy:

arw9797 said:

I have a milk phobia. I like it but I just always think that it's spoiled. Actually I'm like that with cottage cheese, yogurt, sour cream, or anything else dairy. I won't eat any of it unless the experation date is months away. But that's doesn't always work. I usually have to make someone smell or taste it first. If no one is around and I'm not 100% sure that it's still good then I don't eat it. I'm ok with cheese.

I'm a vegetarian and I REFUSE to eat anything that has meat in it. It has to be 100% meat free or I don't touch it. As a rule I'm terrified of red meat. Raw, frozen, or cooked. I can handle the sight of chicken or fish, unless it's raw then forget it, but I get a little nervous around red meat, especially ground red meat. How do you get a cow to be that tiny little size or better yet why would you want to?

Spaghetti sauce has to be completely 100% plain and boring. If it has a lot of stuff in it, especially big chunks of tomatos I won't eat it.

I refuse to drink orange juice even though I love oranges and right now I have a 12 pack of diet orange Sunkist in my fridge. :drool: But I gag when I see orange juice.

I think I :heart: you. Seriously. I am the EXACT same way. :crack: I throw everything away wayyy before it expires. I smell everything. I even make my boyfriend eat/drink some things before I can even taste one bite. Food is the one thing in life that I am extra extra careful with. Luckily, becoming a vegetarian cut out alot of my stress with food.

I can't look at lobster tanks or live crabs. I freak out. :crazy:

I'm don't really have any weird phobias or habits when it comes to food. The only thing I can't stand is when food isn't drained properly. I HATE it when I get water on my plate (eg if I have salad that has been washed and not drained, or boiled veg)

:mad::down::down: water on my plate :down::down::mad:

Seemed like a good place to make my first post :'P

I'm a spaz about food.

I've been that way ever since.. oh, 8 years ago when I turned vegetarian after eating a large piece of cod... and finding three large, bright red, cysted worm parasites in it.

I refuse to drink out of glassware. They have to be plastic, or paper, or it ain't coming near me.

If you're eating pizza with me, and you insist on eating it with a fork and knife, I'mma go postal on your ass. I mean, come ON.

Cooked veggies should not crunch. Ever. Microwaved things are spawn of the underworld and shouldn't be consumed.

I completely hear all you milk-phobics.

Oh, and I'm completely, totally, and deathly allergic to 7up. Sprite I can guzzle by the caseload, but 7up will land me in the hospital, hooked up to an IV for days.

I will not drink from a glass that has been in the dishwasher as it doesn't feel right, I have to wash it under the tap after it has been in the dishwasher before using it.

bammo2 said:

:drool:

they dont feel right though when they have been boiled in the dishwasher, they feel awful against your skin, maybe it is just because I have sensitive skin? :slant: Maybe I am just a freak though :up:

I'm the opposite of some posters--I am a milkaholic. I *love* milk. I put milk bottles in my cooler when I go to medieval re-enactment events. I don't take huge numbers of cokes or other sweet drinks because I hate cavities, and I have to have my fluids in the summer heat.

Back
Top Bottom