How to sell tickets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2861U2

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
A few months ago I purchased a couple GA tickets for June 4 in Chicago. Recently, however, I found out I'll be moving out west a few weeks before that and will not be able to attend. Is there a way to sell the tickets somehow? With the whole CC entry thing, I was unsure. What would be the best way to go about this?

Before I started the whole process of figuring out who to contact through TM, I thought I'd try my friends here at Interference. Forgive me if the answer is scattered somewhere throughout these threads, and feel free to close this once an answer has been given. :wave:

Not all them can be sold through TM. My niece had a Chicago CC entry ticket and it's non-transferable. TM flat out told her she can't sell it. I suppose if she loaned someone her CC she could, but that's a long shot if she doesn't know the person.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Not all them can be sold through TM. My niece had a Chicago CC entry ticket and it's non-transferable. TM flat out told her she can't sell it. I suppose if she loaned someone her CC she could, but that's a long shot if she doesn't know the person.

This is my impression as well. Unless you can hand off your CC to a friend or someone you trust who would probably be able to get in with it, it'll be a bit of a tough sell. Sort of the thing that stinks about the CC entry deal is the flip side of things coming up afterward like this.

I want to say that some people might've had success switching it off closer to the day of the show on the I&E tour, one way or another. Does anyone remember this or am I mistaken?

I was able to sell my nephew's CC ticket to I&E here in LA, but it was to an Interference friend whom I trusted completely with his CC. No IDs were checked, so it worked.

Plus Ashley got herself a nice new set of Beats headphones and a new laptop too. :wink:

So I might be in this boat and have been contemplating selling the ticket, even to a total stranger, overnighting the credit card and then putting the buyer on notice that:

(1) use the card before the show, the card is canceled and your entry is void or at serious risk -- may even feign a call to TM too....

(2) cancel the card right after entry is confirmed by the buyer to protect unwanted card usage

I really doubt I'll go this route, but it seems possible that enough credit card coercion could motivate a ticket buyer to do the right thing AND use your card to get in... especially if you figure you can get a new card.

Just cancel the card and send it to the buyer . The ticket information is loaded onto the magnetic strip. Its irrelevant whether the card is active or not.

I have the situation where I purchased 4 tickets presale. 1 RZ that I am taking, and 3 GAs that my friends are taking.

RZ tickets have to picked up at Will Call/Box Office. What time does Will Call generally open prior to a show? I will need my ID and CC to get my RZ ticket.

However my friends also need my ID and CC to get in with the ticketless system. Can I just give my friend my ID and my CC? Or do I have to be there with them as it is my ID?

What time does the venue open? Do you have time to get to Will Call, get RZ ticket, go back to GA line, then go over to RZ entry, since they are likely all at a different entrance to the NRG Staduim.

Any suggestion, guidance or assurances??

Most places don't check ID for the CC entry, just swipe the credit card.
I think maybe 2 of the NA venues checked ID on i+e.
Usually at will call you only need your ID, not the CC. Will Call should be open pretty early, maybe as early as noon.
So hopefully you can just give your CC to one of your friends, (the one who spends the least of concessions and souvenirs ideally) and get yourself situated with just your ID.

Monitor the way the venues do it on the shows leading up to Houston.
I doubt they'll ID everyone going onto the field, would take too long.

I've done CC entry for dozens of events from NHL hockey games to concerts. I have never been asked for ID. They just swipe the card.

I've never had to show ID for a CC entry. For I&E, I sold one of nephew's CC entry GAs to an Interferencer. She had his CC, but didn't need ID to enter. Good thing, too. She's at least a foot shorter than my nephew.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom