how to DESCRIBE an atomic bomb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Irishteen said:

^ Well that's fine, equal rights is the way things should be, but I just get annoyed by the "We want equal rights, but only if it suits us" approach

My religion teacher at the start of the year was covering sexism, and she said something that was completely true "If you read what some early feminists wrote, it was completely sexist towards men". She also made a lot of good points, about how a lot of what is classed as sexism, is more common sense, that it makes sense to hire a man over a pregnant woman, if the job is important

I see where you and your teacher are coming from with the man over pregnant woman thing, but it depends on who is more qualified and if the woman is really far along in her pregnancy and how much she is committed to the job at hand. The problem with that is much like the problem with affirmative action in the U.S. , people shouldn't be hired or fired based on their race, religion, sex, or physical limitations at that point. Pregnancy is something that is over at some point, so if the woman is more qualified than the man, but she's going to be having a baby in 4 months, the company needs to decide whether they'd like a more qualified person who needs to have a leave in a few months or a person who doesn't do as good of a job, but doesn't need a leave in a few months.

is av abbreviation for avatar?

If it is, then use hyper Kayla from last night:drool:

If it is not, then :reject:

onebloodonelife said:

I see where you and your teacher are coming from with the man over pregnant woman thing, but it depends on who is more qualified and if the woman is really far along in her pregnancy and how much she is committed to the job at hand. The problem with that is much like the problem with affirmative action in the U.S. , people shouldn't be hired or fired based on their race, religion, sex, or physical limitations at that point. Pregnancy is something that is over at some point, so if the woman is more qualified than the man, but she's going to be having a baby in 4 months, the company needs to decide whether they'd like a more qualified person who needs to have a leave in a few months or a person who doesn't do as good of a job, but doesn't need a leave in a few months.

Ye, I should of said, they were equally qualifed to do the job. Which was the point of it. I was watching tele and how a woman said she had two people equally qualifed for a job,a man and a engaged woman, but she picked the man, because the woman was engaged. I find that abit unfair but I guess it makes sense in the long term.

What would you feel fits a strip club more
"A place where women are exploited by men"
Or
"A place where women exploit mens sex drives"

^i don't feel that women are being exploited at all in a strip club because that is what they chose as their job for the time, but i also don't think that the women are specifically exploiting men's sex drives either

onebloodonelife said:
^i don't feel that women are being exploited at all in a strip club because that is what they chose as their job for the time, but i also don't think that the women are specifically exploiting men's sex drives either

Well the first one, came from what a lot of feminists say and the second one, I heard something similar on American Dad :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom