How many JT songs on SOE tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We're sure to get Streets and Bullet and either Still haven't found or With or without you to start out with. It's very likely Bullet remains a staple given its relevance to the times and how they've adapted it very well 3 times in 3 years now (Innocence, JT 30 and Fallon).

I wouldn't go so far as to predict it, but I'd like to see In God's Country and Trip through your wires in the E Stage rotation. Both would work perfectly. Neither take a lot to make work (unlike Exit, RHMT, One Tree Hill, Running to standstill, etc)

I'd say very little chance of anything else showing up.

If you're a big JT fan, I'd reiterate the obvious and say I hope you saw that tour a time or 5. Haha. They're going to be on a mission to show they aren't the Stones- and we could see SOI/SOE taking up as many as 9 or 10 spots. With so much other ground to cover, if something is getting the boot, it's going to be the album they did every night in full all spring/summer/fall.

I'd say night 1 in Tulsa gets Streets, WOWY and Bullet.

Last edited:
I wonder if anything from U2's abandoned orphan, Pop, will ever get played as part of the regular setlist again. Feels like something from that record is due to make a reappearance. It is, after all, an important part of the "eXperience" part of their career.

I wonder if anything from U2's abandoned orphan, Pop, will ever get played as part of the regular setlist again. Feels like something from that record is due to make a reappearance. It is, after all, an important part of the "eXperience" part of their career.

I'm of the mind that Please would work as a lead-in to Streets for this tour.

Thus, POP finally gets a nod.

Already done on Popmart. They could've done Bad into Streets every night last tour and destroyed and... didn't. I have no faith in their ability to get a complete setlist calibrated for maximum effectiveness anymore.

What about NLOTH? I feel like moment of surrender could fit, but I doubt they would ever play anything again.

I'd love to hear NLOTH or Fez/BB or MOS, but I really doubt we'll ever hear any of those as part of any regular setlist again. I think the most we can hope for is the occasional one off or snippet. :(

NLOTH is another one of U2's orphans that was disowned after disappointing its parents.

It sure is fun to read this thread after all this time! :lol:

0.05 JT songs? You reckon they'll only play something from JT once every twenty shows?

Oh, wait, one number the other way...

Almost no-one could even think of them not playing anything at all from Joshua Tree, not even Streets. And yes, I would also not have thought that they would skip Streets. And I have to say I did miss it at the shows.
But in the end, the only JT-era song played was Spanish Eyes. Once. So even 0.05 JT(-era) songs was too high a number. More like 0.03.

Is it too much to ask for Acrobat or So Cruel? Yes it is but I can dream.

Sometimes dreams do come true. Or at least half of them. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom