How are the tickets selling?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You are Axver and Headache
You and I are Axver and Headache
You are Axver and Headache
Came here looking for JT Melbourne Soul

Confirmed rumor:

The Australian Tour will start in the fall and will be called “RefujesAUSTRALIA”

They will be opening the show with American Soul, opening the first encore with Volcano and closing the show with Glastonbury in the hopes to drill home the sonic and lyrical brilliance that is American Soul without having to play it 3x.

I'm sure that will go down well with our anti-refugee government

It's gonna be weird when Bono sings "came here looking for American Soul" in Europe.

That's what I'm thinking. The equivalent would be if they came to America singing about how great France is, and how we should all aspire to be more like France. Most Americans would say "BOOOOO!!!!!!!"

I enjoy Volcano and would like to hear a studio take of Glastonbury. I avoid American Soul on every album listen. I am a pocketful of rock and roll.

Volcano > Glastonbury > the sudden end of the universe > American Soul.

It appears that no one likes this song.

I actually don’t mind it but its a song that’s a lot like Boots.....either you don’t mind it or you would rather get diarrhea for a week than listen to it. There is no middle ground.

Honestly, if it weren't another cunting love song to America, and if it didn't have "refu-jesus", I wouldn't mind it. Some inane Elevation bullshit, who cares. But an America blowjob, complete with one of Bono's bottom-barrel "ooh shit I'm clever" lyrics? Get right proper fucked.

Honestly, if it weren't another cunting love song to America, and if it didn't have "refu-jesus", I wouldn't mind it. Some inane Elevation bullshit, who cares. But an America blowjob, complete with one of Bono's bottom-barrel "ooh shit I'm clever" lyrics? Get right proper fucked.

Did you hear the instrumental version that was released ? Not sure if it’s an official release but to be honest...it sounds pretty cool without lyrics
http://www.u2songs.com/news/american_soul_instrumental

Maybe a little . . . .

If not for the clunky "we are rock-n-roll" line rehashed from Volcano it would be noticeably better IMO.
I'm with you on this one.

The reusing of i/e parts doesn't bother me on Lights of Home or 13, but it bugs the shit out of me here.

Probably because the two songs two previously use the whole YOU... ARE... thing are piles of dog shit.

I'm with you on this one.

The reusing of i/e parts doesn't bother me on Lights of Home or 13, but it bugs the shit out of me here.

Probably because the two songs two previously use the whole YOU... ARE... thing are piles of dog shit.

It doesn't help that the chorus sounds like it was ripped from another song... which it was. I like the verses, but the chorus (almost) ruins it all.

It doesn't help that the chorus sounds like it was ripped from another song... which it was. I like the verses, but the chorus (almost) ruins it all.
Agreed.

I don't hate it as much as others here do, but the chorus being ripped straight from two other bad songs doesn't do it any justice.. even though I actually think it's used better in this song, I can't get the taste of the other two out of my mouth.

Pocket full or dogshit

Did you hear the instrumental version that was released ? Not sure if it’s an official release but to be honest...it sounds pretty cool without lyrics
u2songs | American Soul Instrumental |

Yeah, this is fine. It's more fuel for my argument that Bono has been a weak link lately. Though to be honest this isn't quite what I look for in Edge's playing either - too bluesy, too much like It Might Get Loud has left an unwelcome legacy on his style. So it'd never be a big favourite of mine. But without shithouse lyrics it'd be a decent enough album track.

Prices dropping for LA2. Wacky shit going on... for example;

Section 209 row 9 $176.00
Section 209 row 10 $330.00
Section 209 row 11 $111.00
Section 209 row 18 $81.00
Section 209 row 23 $176.00
Section 209 row 24 $111.00

Rollercoaster pricing.

That is wacky!!! In Chicago2 there was a significant price drop in some seats right next to the stage, but back just a little. So you have seats for $106, and then in the next section, just a few feat away, you have $325 tickets!! I am tempted to grab myself a $106 seat and just go. But then I think about the fact that I'd have to take time off work and that I'd have to go by myself and deal with my wife... UGH!!!

I haven't ruled it out yet, but it's a pain in the ass. Why can't U2 just be like any other normal touring band? I have Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, Louisville, Indianapolis, Detroit and Pittsburgh all within a 3-4 hour drive to my house or less. All are big cities with adequate arenas that literally every other major tour hits. I can't just drive to Chicago for a concert, turn around and drive back home and still be at work the next day. 1st world problem, I know.

I know, I know... I could live in Australia, and I feel their pain more than my own.

Prices dropping for LA2. Wacky shit going on... for example;

Section 209 row 9 $176.00
Section 209 row 10 $330.00
Section 209 row 11 $111.00
Section 209 row 18 $81.00
Section 209 row 23 $176.00
Section 209 row 24 $111.00

Rollercoaster pricing.

i'm having trouble selling an extra pair for LA2 under face, and it's the lowest price level. that show is my 40th birthday and their final west coast show of the E+I tour so the low interest is kind of a bummer.

Back
Top Bottom