How are the tickets selling?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's off the main menu on Ticketone, but if you just search U2 it brings up all the shows.

[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]I just went off the u2.com link and it wasn't giving me anything. Milan 4 will be sold out come show time

By the time the GnR reunion tour wraps up after their European tour this summer, they'll beat out Coldplay to have the 3rd highest grossing tour of all time. Only U2 and the Rolling Stones will be ahead of them, and it's possible that they'll beat the Rolling Stones.

Meanwhile, SP will struggle to fill many arenas halfway.

Meanwhile, SP will struggle to fill many arenas halfway.

Well, sales in Miami have picked up. i think it will be sold out eventually.

I wish U2 was playing Miami. But with the prices being what they are, maybe for the best this time around.

This talk of Smashing Pumpkins is reminding of Arcade Fire's last tour. I saw them in DC at the Capital One Arena, and... wow, it was basically empty. I was GA, arrived at the end of the opener, and was still on the rail. A shocking number of seats were curtained off, and still there were lots of empty seats. (Old news, but wow that was rough)

This talk of Smashing Pumpkins is reminding of Arcade Fire's last tour. I saw them in DC at the Capital One Arena, and... wow, it was basically empty. I was GA, arrived at the end of the opener, and was still on the rail. A shocking number of seats were curtained off, and still there were lots of empty seats. (Old news, but wow that was rough)

Same in Miami. They played a college basketball arena (10.000 seats) and it was half empty.

Too bad because it was an amazing show.

Agreed all-around. I saw Arcade Fire in an arena last fall with max capacity of 18,000 and only 5000+ were there. Upper levels were empty and even the lower bowl was scattered filled seats-wise. Great show actually, but I did feel bad for them. They pulled close to 10k when they were in my area a few years ago at another arena.

I wondered about the whole arena thing for SP as well before the tickets went on sale. I had trouble seeing a demand for them in that type of venue, even with Iha back full-time. Places like Chicago and Miami seem to be selling well, but there sure are a lot of seats available for places like Sioux Falls.

U2 wrote Miami.

Hey Mc_Fly,

Im a Miami fan too. Im sure we must have crossed paths in 2005, 2011 or last year.

Curious which shows you are doing this tour? Im heading to Tulsa, St Louis and NY3 but yeah, still bummed they aren't playing home.

Hey Mc_Fly,

Im a Miami fan too. Im sure we must have crossed paths in 2005, 2011 or last year.

Curious which shows you are doing this tour? Im heading to Tulsa, St Louis and NY3 but yeah, still bummed they aren't playing home.

Hello Miami fan!

I'm doing St Louis and Atlanta (Duluth), both in May.

Funny enough, I targeted Tulsa originally but couldn't get through to get a GA ticket -- even with pre-pre-sale status. So I gave up and went to St Louis.

You mentioned 2005. What about 2001 Elevation Tour in Sunrise?

I would have been easy to spot -- I was the whack job in full MacPhisto regalia (deep in the Heart stage of course).

Was great fun though. Got recognition from Bono in the middle of Streets, so a lasting memory there.

Hello Miami fan!

I'm doing St Louis and Atlanta (Duluth), both in May.

Funny enough, I targeted Tulsa originally but couldn't get through to get a GA ticket -- even with pre-pre-sale status. So I gave up and went to St Louis.

You mentioned 2005. What about 2001 Elevation Tour in Sunrise?

I would have been easy to spot -- I was the whack job in full MacPhisto regalia (deep in the Heart stage of course).

Was great fun though. Got recognition from Bono in the middle of Streets, so a lasting memory there.

I was 14 when elevation happened. Sadly, more into Green Day and Blink 182 at that point :doh:

See you in St Louis then. Bring your Dwyane Wade Miami Vice jersey.

I’m thinking about dragging out the Elvis gear for St. Louis. I was denied for the last St. Louis show but would love to meet some fellow interferences. Should be easy enough to spot!

Anybody get anything in the CT presales this morning? Curious what was available...

Took a lot of wrangling but managed a Sec 23 seat on the Innocence presale. A pal also scored Sec 23 an hour into the Citi presale. Behind the stages were very expensive and did not even whiff a GA.

Edit: Also after 75 minutes I managed to score two Red Zones for a pal in the Citi presale.

Seems to be some price reductions for the first few American shows. Behind the stage there is plenty of $40 and $75 seats. They seem to be selling aswell

There is no sense in paying over $100 to sit behind the stage, especially sense U2 barely ever turn around. There's also no sense in paying $300 for upper level tickets, but here we are. I'm only going to 1 show this year, and opted for a $75 ticket in the lower level behind the stage.

Ya got me beat--I'm not going to any! Kinda regretting that decision right now, but c'est la vie...

And out of curiosity, what would you fine people of Interference say my chances are of scoring a pair of GAs--any U.S. date--and only paying market value?

Ya got me beat--I'm not going to any! Kinda regretting that decision right now, but c'est la vie...

And out of curiosity, what would you fine people of Interference say my chances are of scoring a pair of GAs--any U.S. date--and only paying market value?

Actually if you want to fly to San Jose, you can get GA floor for face value on TM right now! Which is... kinda sad. San Jose needed a 2nd show like I need another hole in my head. I know it's more profitable to do 2 shows in the same venue, but it probably would've been better for them to shoot up to Portland or Salt Lake City for a show between San Jose #1 and Las Vegas #1.

I'm still watching Chicago #2 everyday, waiting for those expensive tickets to come down in price. That show's not going to sell out either, which is weird. I feel like I have the luxury of time, those tickets are gonna come down. And if they don't, I'll eventually just pay the full price, but they'll have unsold seats.

I did the same thing last year and waited until a week before the Indianapolis show, and was able to score some sweet lower level tickets for only $70-ish. Far cry from the Vertigo Tour, where you were happy to just be able to get in the building at all!

Those San Jose 2 GAs have got to be a recent ticket drop, surely?

Those San Jose 2 GAs have got to be a recent ticket drop, surely?

You would think, but I don't know. That show is probably going to have to hang some curtains in the upper level, similar to what Denver #2 did in 2015. Chicago #2 is at least probably going to have to curtain off the upper deck behind the stage. Now that we're in April, I'm going to start checking that Chicago show twice a day, everyday, so that I can pounce on any price drops that occur. My goal is to sit in a $300 seat for half the price... we'll see! I also checked out Nashville yesterday, and wow... the only tickets available are the handicapped accessible ones. I'm surprised how well that one has sold.

Like I said, maybe in another thread, this really is not uncommon at all... for other bands. I saw Springsteen in 2014 in Columbus, and he had the upper level curtained off behind the stage. Same thing with Garth Brooks in 2016... and nobody thought a thing of it. But for some reason, when it's U2, it seems to be a big deal when they don't sell out a few shows. Most arena concerts I've been to don't even sell tickets behind the stage, so U2 are still doing better than most.

The San Jose GA seems to be merely a glitch in the matrix.
You can click to add them, then when you hit "buy tickets", you get the "oops another fan beat you to them" message.

Curious to know, of all the 9 N.A. cities with 2 nights,which ones are selling the better?

Back
Top Bottom