How about a backing chorus?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

malcolmbeaton

The Fly
Call me crazy, but maybe with all the big choruses on this record, and the fact its going to take some heavy signing from Bono, maybe its time to have maybe 3-4 really good soulful singers up on a riser to the side for a few songs that can really help polish off some of these new ones, and maybe even breathe some life into some oldies

U2 has obviously proven themselves, there almost 50, they are what they are. Adding a few musicians to help them round out the sound would not be crucified by fans at this point, and since its going to be a massive stadium show with precision and execution being paramount, why not give it the best chance to succeed. I'm just picturing a full chorus (bono, edge and some extremeley talented backup singers) to finish off Breathe chorus, Moment of Surrender, Unknown Caller might, Cedars not be the worst thing in the world. To me its much more real than bono having a backing tape of him and edge singing over themselves to make the sound big enough for breathe chorus or moment of surrender. Heck maybe you even roll a Angel of Harlem or still havent found with them to keep them fresh and interesting.

Just a thought, and since u2 could care a less about what we say on here, I doubt it would happen. But then again I know they let Terry on stage for a couple shows then banished back to the underworld so maybe they have some sort of extra member complex....sounded good on Lovetown though when BBs gals were up there

no. if there's a chorus, it should include Eno and Co., but will most likely be a pre-programmed loop (or they will just forget it all together).

no. if there's a chorus, it should include Eno and Co., but will most likely be a pre-programmed loop (or they will just forget it all together).

...which is fine! I'd rather have backing loops than a woman choir in the background (no offense) like with GnR. I wann see the boys on stage, nothing else (except the occasional "special guest" or Eno/Lanois)

Back
Top Bottom