Houston Setlist Watch and Party, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mark did seemed surprised a bit to have someone ask him to sign at soundcheck of a Ringo show. I could tell he was very sad about Paul. I mentioned a few of the shows where I had seen CH with Mark, focusing mainly on that December 91 show.

Mind you talking of celebrities. Every time I attend a Finn Brothers show I will see somone famous. So far I have had Peter Garrett, 2 members of Jet, actor Sam Neill, Jimmy Barnes. Australian celebrities though!

Halup - how do you attend all these shows AND get tickets for them all? I was at the Black Crowes last Friday and the Queen/Rodgers show. I'm stunned at your concert-ness :shocked:

I got Afterglow from the Enz club, right after its Aussie reelase and months before its UK and US releases. They were sending it out signed by 1 member. While most would probably have wanted it signed by Neil, he is so common to us here in LA. I was real happy that mine was signed by Paul. I've since added Neil and Mark to it and this past February I added Tim, even though I am not positive he is on any songs, though I believe he is on 1. I just need to get Nick and that will be signed by all 5 real CH members.

Halup said:
mark did seemed surprised a bit to have someone ask him to sign at soundcheck of a Ringo show. I could tell he was very sad about Paul. I mentioned a few of the shows where I had seen CH with Mark, focusing mainly on that December 91 show.

Mark was such a great guy. I love how on every Crowdies boot from Woodface onwards whenever there is a silence at least once in the show they will say "Has everybody met Mark Hart" and Nick will then say "Maaaaaaaaaaaark Hart everyone". :lol:

If you ever do see him again, please ask him if he ever thinks he will work with Neil again or if he thinks he will have another solo record. I love his work. :up:

Lila, what I usually do for shows is I don't buy tickets until the night of the show, where I end up buying them for very cheap off of scalpers who are stuck with them or fans who got stuck with an extra. I paid just $15 for Queen. It's real rare where I feel I need to buy tickets in advance for shows. U2 is one that I always do, expecially in LA, since they never meet the demand here. That doesn't stop me going to other cities to see U2 without tickets, though.

Halup said:
I got Afterglow from the Enz club, right after its Aussie reelase and months before its UK and US releases. They were sending it out signed by 1 member. While most would probably have wanted it signed by Neil, he is so common to us here in LA. I was real happy that mine was signed by Paul. I've since added Neil and Mark to it and this past February I added Tim, even though I am not positive he is on any songs, though I believe he is on 1. I just need to get Nick and that will be signed by all 5 real CH members.

What about Craig Hooper. :wink:

Tim is surely on somthing. If Nick ever removes himself from his Irish hideaway I'm sure you can get that last signature. :wink:

You may have to stalk him in Melbourne during Xmas.

Here's an example of some shows I have seen in October:

Robert Plant, I paid $20 for a ticket that would have cost $60 plus tM charges, so over $70.

Franz Ferdinand, I paid $20 to see them at the Greek in the pit. The guy was selling tickets he got as comps, but had I been lucky enough to buy that ticket when it went on sale, it would have cost me $45-50 including serivce charges and that was the best ticket in the house.

I paid $20 to see Pavarotti, for a ticket that cost over $80.

I paid $15 for that Queen ticket which the face plus TM would have been over $75.

For Sheryl Crow, I did not want to pay much, but I ended up spending $20 for a $125 Garden box center ticket, one of the best seats in the house.

Halup said:
Lila, what I usually do for shows is I don't buy tickets until the night of the show, where I end up buying them for very cheap off of scalpers who are stuck with them or fans who got stuck with an extra. I paid just $15 for Queen. It's real rare where I feel I need to buy tickets in advance for shows. U2 is one that I always do, expecially in LA, since they never meet the demand here. That doesn't stop me going to other cities to see U2 without tickets, though.

We have a friend that got Terrace box seat for Queen out front before the show for $10. And if it was a band I really wanted to see, I wouldn't want to take the chance of no tickets, especially driving a distance - do you have AOL IM or Yahoo messenger?

I see far more shows than I would, were it not that I usually can get in for pretty cheap. That leads me to go see a guy like Pavarotti who I never would pay big bucks to see.

My attitude for most shows I go to is that if I can't get in for cheap, I am willing to walk away and not see it. These scalpers realize their tickets are only pices of paer that will have no value in a short amount of time.

Halup said:
Here's an example of some shows I have seen in October:

Robert Plant, I paid $20 for a ticket that would have cost $60 plus tM charges, so over $70.

Franz Ferdinand, I paid $20 to see them at the Greek in the pit. The guy was selling tickets he got as comps, but had I been lucky enough to buy that ticket when it went on sale, it would have cost me $45-50 including serivce charges and that was the best ticket in the house.

I paid $20 to see Pavarotti, for a ticket that cost over $80.

I paid $15 for that Queen ticket which the face plus TM would have been over $75.

For Sheryl Crow, I did not want to pay much, but I ended up spending $20 for a $125 Garden box center ticket, one of the best seats in the house.

I'm impressed - need a concert pal? LOL I used my American Express points for my Queen tickets. I could see the night before on ebay a ton of F1-G2 tickets available, and many Terrace boxes. But barely made it into the Bowl in time (shuttle bus and all the parking issues with the bowl). I would have tried moving down. If our friend in the Terrace box had our cell number, we could have moved down! :banghead:

I would have loved to have gone to Plant at the Wiltern. No one to go with. I would have preferred seats upstairs, but they were double the GA floors!

I have AOL messanger, Halup is my name on it. All of those tickets I bought this month I felt I could have done better had I waited even longer.

I did really score though on Green Day at the Wiltern. I was able to get a VIP ticket for free.

Halup do you think this philosophy works anywhere?

I mean if I trundle down to the Horden to see Oasis next month is there a good chance I could score some decent seats at the last minute?

They have to jack up the prices for Australia and other places, as they won't play very many concerts there and the shipping costs for the equipment to get there and around the country are enormous.

You can see, even though it is unfare for the fans there, why U2 dropped the planned visits to Japan and Australia for Elevation and instead just added 2 additonal weeks in the US in their place. Far easier and less expensive to do that.

I can deal with the slightly higher prices, just so long as they come.

There are so many acts that I would love to see come here, but their isn't a hope in hell they will... namely U2, Peter Gabriel and Queen.

Timo, I think it can work. I saw Oasis/Jet here last month. These tickets went on sale in March adn the venue size exceeded demand. On Ebay there were so many people trying to get rid of tickets. My friend and I got a pair for $26 and these were some of the best seats in the house. Section E at the Hollywood Bowl. The original buyer of this pair spent about $125.

Going solo can be easier, especially since most people go in pairs. You always get someone who had 1 friend drop out and they feel lucky to get any money for a single ticket. You can laso have luck for pairs. If the show is GA, then getting singles from anyone works out well.

Awesome.

Coz I'm a little hestitant to say to a mate, lets run into the city (1 hour proposition) on a chance that we might get two seats or GA together for the gig. But if you think it's possible we might just give it a go. :shrug: :wink:

Is Oasis fully sold out? I know Ebay is not as prevalent in Australia as in the US, but you can always look on there for deals or to try to guage the interest level in a show. I only buy tickets on Ebay if they go way under face value, but I check on there frequently to try to guess what it will be like outside the venue, as far as demand on the night of the show. I almost always succeed in getting into shows.

Halup said:
Is Oasis fully sold out? I know Ebay is not as prevalent in Australia as in the US, but you can always look on there for deals or to try to guage the interest level in a show. I only buy tickets on Ebay if they go way under face value, but I check on there frequently to try to guess what it will be like outside the venue, as far as demand on the night of the show. I almost always succeed in getting into shows.

Ebay is rife in Australia. Scalpers recently bought 85% of tickets to a festival essentially hijacking the public making a killing in the process. (It was similar to Glastonbury so it's not one of those things where you can scalp tickets on the day etc)

Here is the listing for the Foo Fighters: http://search.ebay.com.au/search/se...rom=R8&satitle=foo+fighters+sydney&category0=

And here is Oasis - http://search.ebay.com.au/search/se...ga10244=10425&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=

If you could have a quick squizz could you give me a read on what you would do.

WWHD. :wink:

Well, this show capped off one of the greatest days of my life.

I am one happy camper.:happy: You know that picture of Bono where he's captured in flight, well I think I jumped higher than that tonight when they played Fast Cars. When they did the standard encore and went into WOWY and then came out and did ABOY I had lost all hope. Then after ABOY Larry started the Fast Cars drumming and I totally lost it. Bono went to the back put on his cowboy hat and went into it. It was much much better than the versions I heard on the 7th & 8th. Then towards the end he grabbed a Mexican flag from the audience and did this sound that I can't describe but if you heard it you'd know and then him and Edge went into their Fast Cars dance. It was absolutely fantastic. Then at the end of the song he had the audience do the oohh's, (the way the song starts) for the extended ending.

I really hope I get to see him again because I'd love to tell him how much hearing that song tonight meant to me.

It was funny because as it started he said we've only played this song 7 times so far this tour (although I think its over 10) :lol: I felt a little better after saying the Discoteque thing earlier in the day. :huh:

Well goodnight folks, I'm going to sleep as I have a four hour drive back to Dallas tomorrow morning.

I can do the stream tomorrow so I'll text Gorman tomorrow to see if he or someone else will be available to broadcast it.

I hope I can go to sleep.:ohmy:

ramblin rose said:
Well, this show capped off one of the greatest days of my life.

I am one happy camper.:happy: You know that picture of Bono where he's captured in flight, well I think I jumped higher than that tonight when they played Fast Cars. When they did the standard encore and went into WOWY and then came out and did ABOY I had lost all hope. Then after ABOY Larry started the Fast Cars drumming and I totally lost it. Bono went to the back put on his cowboy hat and went into it. It was much much better than the versions I heard on the 7th & 8th. Then towards the end he grabbed a Mexican flag from the audience and did this sound that I can't describe but if you heard it you'd know and then him and Edge went into their Fast Cars dance. It was absolutely fantastic. Then at the end of the song he had the audience do the oohh's, (the way the song starts) for the extended ending.

I really hope I get to see him again because I'd love to tell him how much hearing that song tonight meant to me.

It was funny because as it started he said we've only played this song 7 times so far this tour (although I think its over 10) :lol: I felt a little better after saying the Discoteque thing earlier in the day. :huh:

Well goodnight folks, I'm going to sleep as I have a four hour drive back to Dallas tomorrow morning.

I can do the stream tomorrow so I'll text Gorman tomorrow to see if he or someone else will be available to broadcast it.

I hope I can go to sleep.:ohmy:

you are correct about the number of times it's been played! Thanks Axver for the following Fast Cars tally:

· 2005-09-12 - Toronto, Ontario - Air Canada Centre
· 2005-09-16 - Toronto, Ontario - Air Canada Centre
· 2005-09-17 - Toronto, Ontario - Air Canada Centre
· 2005-09-21 - Chicago, Illinois - United Center
· 2005-10-07 - New York, New York - Madison Square Garden
· 2005-10-08 - New York, New York - Madison Square Garden
· 2005-10-11 - New York, New York - Madison Square Garden
· 2005-10-14 - New York, New York - Madison Square Garden
· 2005-10-16 - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Wachovia Center
· 2005-10-17 - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Wachovia Center
· 2005-10-28 - Houston, Texas - Toyota Center

And Interference is saying that U2 played Dallas tonight... can someone correct them? I feel like I'm at U2.com.

Timo, it's hard for me to guage. In LA we have so many concerts, and a lot of industry people here, so there's always tickets floating around. With less international artists playing there, the shows may have higher demand than here. Foo Fighters played here last weekend. On Ebay they all were selling for well below face, except for the GA floor tickets, which sold for aorund fae, maybe a little more in some cases. I saw pairs of seats for the sold out saturday night show sell for $40-45 when the cost to the original buyer would have been around $100.

Back
Top Bottom