Houston Setlist Watch and Party, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hell, im going to bed, lol

FAST CARS!

goodnight all :wave:

see ya in Dallas

OMG, THE BOOTLEG TITLE

"U2 does Dallas"

Thanks to everyone for all their hard work.. Queen Bee, and our beloved Ramblin Rose! :hug: :bow:

I'm off to bed! Nite all! :wave:

WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FOR FAST CARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bono was surely listening!! :yes: I am so happy for Rosa!!!!!:happy:

Halup said:

The 98 gig was with Sheryl Crow, Neil sang her song Home. Dave Dobbyn opened. I can't recall the other show if that was done. I need to study the Finn setlists more and get some bootlegs.

On that 2002-03 tour Neil was getting to recognize me on sight.

When Neil hits up LA next time I will probably be in the rough area (North or Central America) so we will have to hit Largo! :up:

That Roxy gig is wicked... particularly It's Only Natural / You Make Me Feel Like A Natural Woman (snippt) :lmao:

Wow, it's awesome talking to somone with such experience. Would I be cruel to ask you to pick a favourite gig? :hyper:

truck.gif

timothius said:

When Neil hits up LA next time I will probably be in the rough area (North or Central America) so we will have to hit Largo! :up:

That Roxy gig is wicked... particularly It's Only Natural / You Make Me Feel Like A Natural Woman (snippt) :lmao:

Wow, it's awesome talking to somone with such experience. Would I be cruel to ask you to pick a favourite gig? :hyper:

Hard to pick. The 91 Wiltern show could be it, just for the craziness of the evening and that show will stay in my mind the longest when i think fondly of Hester.

Largo in 2000 was amazing. I was due to fly to Acapulco for a freinds wedding on the day of the first show. I got a fan club letter from Peter Green about a week before the show and he handwrote on the envelope that Neil would play Largo on July 5-6. I postponed my flight by 1 day to be able to go to the first night, so you can tell how important that show was for me to see. That show did not disappoint me at all. I still had 4 days in Acapulco and ended up taking 1 less day off from work, so the end result was the trip cost me less.

I preferred the 96 Finn Brothers shows to the 2004-05, as there was a lot more humor in the shows in 96.

Halup said:

Hard to pick. The 91 Wiltern show could be it, just for the craziness of the evening and that show will stay in my mind the longest when i think fondly of Hester.

Largo in 2000 was amazing. I was due to fly to Acapulco for a freinds wedding on the day of the first show. I got a fan club letter from Peter Green about a week before the show and he handwrote on the envelope that Neil would play Largo on July 5-6. I postponed my flight by 1 day to be able to go to the first night, so you can tell how important that show was for me to see. That show did not disappoint me at all. I still had 4 days in Acapulco and ended up taking 1 less day off from work, so the end result was the trip cost me less.

I preferred the 96 Finn Brothers shows to the 2004-05, as there was a lot more humor in the shows in 96.

PG is the man is he not! :up:

From what I've heard from boots etc, teh 1995-6 shows were a lot more jovial, probably because it was somthing very new. But musically, the band they had playing with them especially were brilliant (and the material was better as well).

In terms of comedy I think the funniest boots I have heard seem to be coming out of the One Nil/All tour as well as the Crowdies of course.

I'm looking foward to this new Neil album far too much, especially considering he probably hasn't even started work on it. :sad:

The Finns were to have played here in June, as I saw a date for San Diego that was announced. Sadly Paul's death changed all those plans, so I'm not sure when I next will see Neil or Tim.

Halup said:
The Finns were to have played here in June, as I saw a date for San Diego that was announced. Sadly Paul's death changed all those plans, so I'm not sure when I next will see Neil or Tim.

From what I can see, after this one-off festival headlining in December, Neil will start writing (if he hasn't already started) and record the album during the year. He will probably end up in LA recording or mixing the album toward the end of next year if all things go as they do in the past.

I hope that he starts touring it February 2007 in USA when I will be in town. So I can see him as a die-hard fan in the USA, rather than one of the adoring masses in Australia. :lol:

I saw Tim Finn solo in 1994, but missed ALT and Tim's 2000 solo tour. I've seen Liam Finn play with Neil and also solo and with Betchadupa once. After the Betchadupa gig, Chris garland's mother Julie was exchanged emails with a friend of mine, as she seemed to take a liking to him. Chris has a brother who was going to university over here and was getting married, so Julie came over to spend some time here and of course went ot see Betchadupa. We talked to her about living next to Neil and Sharon, which is how Chris and Liam became friends.

I think L.A. is Neil's second favorite city after Auckland. He really seems to enjoy it here.

I was really hoping Bones Hillman was going to tour with the Finns, but I guess after the 2003 Tony Visconti sessions were largely scrapped and they re-recorded with Jon Brion, that Bones ended up going on to something else.

Halup said:
I saw Tim Finn solo in 1994, but missed ALT and Tim's 2000 solo tour. I've seen Liam Finn play with Neil and also solo and with Betchadupa once. After the Betchadupa gig, Chris garland's mother Julie was exchanged emails with a friend of mine, as she seemed to take a liking to him. Chris has a brother who was going to university over here and was getting married, so Julie came over to spend some time here and of course went ot see Betchadupa. We talked to her about living next to Neil and Sharon, which is how Chris and Liam became friends.

Thats wicked. Betchadupa are great I think. During that Empty Head @ Largo it sounds eerily like Neil from 1980 singing lead with Neil of 1986 onwards sining backup. It's really bizzare. Aiming For Your Head is a solid album too. :up:

Is there anyone you haven't met!

Lila64 said:
does anyone know if gorman is available for tomorrow night/a broadcast? :hmm:

:shrug:

I don't have a clue.

Finally I've caught up.

Time for RR to get home and tell us how the show was in person.
Although I suspect it will take her a little longer than normal.
Now that she got to hear Fast Cars!!

:faint:

:combust:

etc.

Halup said:
I think L.A. is Neil's second favorite city after Auckland. He really seems to enjoy it here.

I was really hoping Bones Hillman was going to tour with the Finns, but I guess after the 2003 Tony Visconti sessions were largely scrapped and they re-recorded with Jon Brion, that Bones ended up going on to something else.

:yes:

My father played with Bones back in the days of the 1970's Auckland music scene. :cute:

Apparently he has a wicked sense of humour as well as being a great bassist. Hopefully he gets a run on Neil's next solo album which I would guess he will record in his studio in Auckland's city.

I do know Neil quite likes Melbourne, but hates Sydney (Tim loves Sydney though) in the past 12 months Neil has played in Sydney a total of 12 times though - so he musn't be enjoying his touring schedule too much. :lol:

timothius said:

Thats wicked. Betchadupa are great I think. During that Empty Head @ Largo it sounds eerily like Neil from 1980 singing lead with Neil of 1986 onwards sining backup. It's really bizzare. Aiming For Your Head is a solid album too. :up:

Is there anyone you haven't met!

It's pretty amazing which musicians I have met and got signed items from over the years, especially in the past few years where I really made it a focus, as legends have started dying off.

This year alone I was able to meet Ringo Starr, Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, all of u2 and a lot of others. In this city it really is easy to meet them if you are smart on how you do it.

After a lot of shows I go to, I will wait to get cd, LPs and things signed and photo ops.

Halup said:

It's pretty amazing which musicians I have met and got signed items from over the years, especially in the past few years where I really made it a focus, as legends have started dying off.

This year alone I was able to meet Ringo Starr, Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, all of u2 and a lot of others. In this city it really is easy to meet them if you are smart on how you do it.

After a lot of shows I go to, I will wait to get cd, LPs and things signed and photo ops.

Do you have time to hold down a job! :lol:

I imagine LA is the place to meet people really, but Ringo Starr why didn't you skip him and make a bee line to Mark Hart! :wink:

In the past week as an example:

last Friday Chad Smith from the Chili Peppers was participating in an instore. The turnoput was very very small, so a friend and I ended up talking to Chad one on one for about 20 minutes. he signed all our stuff and we got photos. On Saturday Queen + Paul Rodgers was playing. We went at soundcheck and got Roger and Brian to sign Queen albums for us. Slash was a guest of thiers and as I had no idea he would be there, I settled for just a photo op with him.

On Sunday Sheryl Crow was playing. My friend and I got her to sign some cds after soundcheck. On Tuesday, there was a taping of a tribute concert to Johnny Cash, I went over there in hopes of getting Jerry Lee Lewis to sign, but had no luck. I ran into JD Fortune form INXS as he was leaving and talked to him for awhile. He remembered me from teh previous week at the instore. On Wednesday John Cale did an instore, so I got him to sign some Velvet Underground stuff and got a photo with him.

That's actually a pretty normal week for me. I go out to shows all the time.

cleazer - if you see this... My apologies for Detroit2 and the source. Gorman never acknowledged or confirmed which of the 3 sources we had was actually sourcing. Please forgive me :reject:

and about Craigslist... is it like ebay's bastard son? What legitimacy does it have? U2Fanatic & I had a doozy with a guy trying to sell us 2 GAs for top dollar. His last offer to us was $395 EACH, which was outrageous cuz we weren't paying more than that for 2 tickets. And he never showed us a pic or scan of the tickets. He just kept reposting his 'make offer' post. I hope KARMA gets him :mad:

:wave:

timothius said:

Do you have time to hold down a job! :lol:

I imagine LA is the place to meet people really, but Ringo Starr why didn't you skip him and make a bee line to Mark Hart! :wink:

I did get Mark Hart to sign that same day. I actually had some CH stuff that I did not have him on already, so I added him to those and talked to him a bit about Paul's passing.

Halup said:

I did get Mark Hart to sign that same day. I actually had some CH stuff that I did not have him on already, so I added him to those and talked to him a bit about Paul's passing.

Was he surprised that somone knew who he was. :lol:

I always wondered how Mark took it, he seemed very emotionally involved in the band considering how long he was there for. I really hope him and Neil work together at some point I almost think their partnership would be better than Tim + Neil :reject:

The first half of November is going to be insane for me for shows. I have U2 on 1-2. On 3 there is an Oxfam charity shows as well as the premiere of the Johnny Cash biopic, so I expect U2 members or Stones members could attend, as well as others, so I want to go check that out. On 4, 6 and 8 I will see the Stones. On 5 I may go to vegas for U2. On 7 I will check out a couple local clubs where I suspect Stones members may show up. On 11-12 I'll see Paul McCartney. After that it lightens up a little but not much.

Back
Top Bottom