Hoon Hay, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So my mother-in-law bought me robitussin yesterday, except it's not robitussin. It's...TUSSIN DM.

First off, the abbreviated name reads like some awful approximation of a southern truck shop waitress. "Top off ya 'tussin, suga?" And then there's the whole DM thing. I don't know when AM and PM were copyrighted, but I have no idea when the hell I'm supposed to take this stuff now.

I'm just preparing for the tutorials I have to take tomorrow, and my students are so fucking lucky I don't take any tutorials on Friday, or this week would just be lame references and pun central.

I know yours is a couple of years old (maybe older?) I'm thinking macbook pro. not sure which yet. The only thing I do want is a blu-ray writer. It seems they don't make external ones of those, yet.

I know yours is a couple of years old (maybe older?) I'm thinking macbook pro. not sure which yet. The only thing I do want is a blu-ray writer. It seems they don't make external ones of those, yet.

Yeah, mine's a Macbook Pro, from December 2008. Been thinking of upgrading it when I have the cash ... but then again, that sort of money could get me to Europe.

AAARRRGGGHHHH.

The first three hours of the INDIA VS AUSTRALIA QUARTER FINAL, y'know the biggest game of ODI cricket so far this year, is not being broadcast because CHANNEL NINE IS SHOWING THE MILLION DOLLAR DROP AND FUCKING CSI INSTEAD. Goddamn WHAT. Or if you're in Sydney, you miss out thanks to the Footy Show. God this is so fucking dumb. Why not show it on Gem instead of the low-rating shit they run on there? Christ, this is pathetic.

I'm getting Foxtel.

Really I just want it in time for the Rugby World Cup in September/October, so that should be doable!

I'm just baulking at the cost, and how many extra channels they want me to take. I think I'll call them on Friday (since I'll be out later today and most of tomorrow) and see what they can do to meet my wants. I'm not buying heaps of channels I'll never watch just to get a couple, so it's up to them whether or not they want an extra subscriber.

I did my Austar account online. Installed within 5 working days. Its shame how you can't just get like the sports channels for say $15.95 a month, and maybe just a $5 Set-top box fee....instead of having to fork out $49 for mostly channels you will never watch.

I'm going to try to bargain with them on the phone and see how far I can push them.

Foxtel and Austar are basically the same thing, aren't they? Shits me that you can't even really shop around for Pay TV.

Do sport broadcasts (with Australian commentators) count as local programming? I think I'd rather that to meet a station's quota than all the reality TV/faux current affairs/soap opera shite that's on free-to-air.

So who are LM and Ashley supporting in AFL? Or did I miss that...

Can I temporarily rescind my support for Geelong and switch back to Undecided? That Essendon win was awesome.

scarfimg.php

Farewell, sweet scarf. Knitting you was fun.

Well, Travis is supporting Carlton because it's called Carlton.

I'm still undecided. Especially because one of these teams has a logo that is a lion with a ball under its paw. Holy shit.

:lol: Fresh Prince, ftw.

I think Essendon won me over. That butt-sliding move, plus Zacharakis made a big impression.

Do sport broadcasts (with Australian commentators) count as local programming? I think I'd rather that to meet a station's quota than all the reality TV/faux current affairs/soap opera shite that's on free-to-air.

So who are LM and Ashley supporting in AFL? Or did I miss that...

I don't think so! Wish it did, then we might still have domestic cricket on telly all weekend.

Can I temporarily rescind my support for Geelong and switch back to Undecided? That Essendon win was awesome.

Everybody comes around to the light of Bombers/truth eventually!

Well, Travis is supporting Carlton because it's called Carlton.

I'm still undecided. Especially because one of these teams has a logo that is a lion with a ball under its paw. Holy shit.

:lol: Carlton are my second least favourite team in no small part because they're called Carlton (though Carlton is a great suburb) ... and because they're the Blues, and as a Wellingtonian I have a natural aversion to any team called the Blues. Firstly, it's a stupid nickname, and secondly, it's Auckland's nickname.

plus, their uniforms are quite cool and sort of intimidating, black with a red stripe slashing across.

plus, their uniforms are quite cool and sort of intimidating, black with a red stripe slashing across.

Hell, before they were the Bombers, one of their nicknames was the Sashwearers!

Actually, a lot of the teams have hilarious old nicknames. The Geelong Cats? The Pivotonians! North Melbourne Kangaroos? The Shinboners! And my favourite, the Hawthorn Hawks? The Hawthorn MAYBLOOMS. :lol:

The fact that Port Adelaide Power were the Port Magpies before joining the AFL (and, in fact, competed in the SANFL under that name before the Collingwood Magpies ever existed) has led to no end of totally unjustified hysterics from Collingwood every time heritage round happens and the teams play in historic uniforms.

There's always the internet, if you happen to be that excited.

Haha, yeah, half the time even people in Australia end up watching the games online because it's not on free-to-air and Foxtel's a rort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom