Hoon Hay, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Baseball is one of those sports where you can switch away from it for an hour and literally nothing of mention has happened. Of course, if you miss Derek Jeter taking a line drive to the balls while you were away, you feel really cheated. No number of slo-mo replays from various angles can make up for seeing it live.

...I really hope Kevin Youkilis does that one day. Just sayin'.

Either cricket rules were explained to me by Worker And Parasite, or that game is supremely fucked up.

:lol:

Well, in light of cricket's terminology ... Worker And Parasite make more sense!

As far as the umpire thing goes, I think they're supposed to spend all their time behind the line, so theoretically they wouldn't get in the way of the ball until its fate is decided. In practice I don't remember ever seeing an umpire get beaned with the ball, although that would be hilarious. I have seen one get (accidentally) shoved into a goal post by a player though!

I was more referring to the field umpires, who really can get caught in the thick of it if they aren't careful ... Danny or Bonnie, do either of you know if this sort of thing has happened?

Well, I have to wash it, then stretch it, then make sure it dries stretched (aka blocked) and hope the dyes in the yarn don't bleed into each other.

Your scarf has an extra rib :uhoh: I was at the end of the last red stripe and instead of doing a color switch, I distractedly kept on going. So it's got an extra red rib (or two extra rows of red).

Cold wash ftw. :up: (unless knitting lore dictates otherwise...?)

Gosh. Does this mean I can play ScarfGod and create another scarf with the first one's spare rib? :ohmy:

If any psychotically anal WhoFan at Dragon Con starts counting the rows in the scarf and pulls me up on that point, I shall be sure to explain the situation. *L*

There's a song about me and all of the other Vlads in the world? Awesome. :wink:

On Kasabian's latest album. :up: I can't remember any of the words off the top of my head, so I dunno how literal it is.

Yes, the yarn label says to wash it cold. 30C or less.

Uhh....sure! I don't have the slightest clue how, but...sure!

The Psychotically Anal. There's a band name.

I was more referring to the field umpires, who really can get caught in the thick of it if they aren't careful ... Danny or Bonnie, do either of you know if this sort of thing has happened?

Ah right... and yeah, I don't remember field umps getting tangled up in the action either. I guess I'd be extremely careful if I was them! Wouldn't want to get in the way of some of those mass rapings tackles. :yikes:

Ah right... and yeah, I don't remember field umps getting tangled up in the action either. I guess I'd be extremely careful if I was them! Wouldn't want to get in the way of some of those mass rapings tackles. :yikes:

I once saw a rugby ref get inadvertently tackled. He was almost down for the count. It was hilarious!

Yes, the yarn label says to wash it cold. 30C or less.

Uhh....sure! I don't have the slightest clue how, but...sure!

The Psychotically Anal. There's a band name.

Woohoo! Yay WhoScarfGod fun! :hyper:

*L* I'll add that to the long list of Phail's side projects...

And it's home time for me. :wave:

PS: I would like Ashley to know that between myself and a co-worker, we completed 212 disputes today. :up:

Our waiter at the Cheesecake Factory on my birthday was 212 as well.

She is EVERYWHERE.

AFL - the king of all sports. i am biased, but how someone who's never seen the sport could dislike it (unless you're one of those anti-sport people) is beyond me.

Cricket - the sport of kings. i can sit down and watch the majority of a test match (provided it's an interesting game, not like England in the test at the gabba). more happens than in baseball.

Baseball - i have seen a live game in person. NOTHING happened between the bottom of the third and the top of the eighth. there were no runs scored, no solid hits, ridiculous delays. i think it would be pretty great if it was shortened to like four, five innings max a side. i don't hate it.

NBA - good.

NASCAR - i'd rather watch a knitting competition.

V8 supercars - awesome for the most part.

Soccer - the world cup piques my interest, i'll admit, and i read the sports so i've got a vague idea of what's going on when it's not on, but watching a full game is torture.

Beach Volleyball - hell. yes.

Synchronised Swimming - only when covered by Roy & HG

Knitting competitions are rather nasty. Remember, we've got pointy metal objects and they stab easier and deeper than you'd think.

I think I will make a beanie in the WhoScarf stripes to go with my mini WhoScarf for myself.

1:30 AM. Well, so much for curing my insomnia tonight.

I have a hard time disagreeing with you, Danny. Though I've never much cared for basketball. I'm not sure why. I actually find netball more interesting. Both sports I feel would be better if played on a large field with some serious tackling though. Maybe. :wink:

Wait. I can't add another sport to my brain tonight. I think I'll quit while I'm ahead.

For the last few years, I'd kind of fallen into a "god netball is boring" mindset, but after watching it at the Commonwealth Games, I got a bit of a renewed appreciation for it. For a sport where you can't run with the ball, it's surprisingly fast, and there's some serious talent on display from the top teams. On a skill level alone, I think it takes a bit of a dump on basketball.

You know what sports I'd love to follow? Hockey and ice hockey. They look like the sort of fast, action-packed kind of sports I'd dig, especially ice hockey. Problem is, my vision's just bad enough that I can't see the ball/puck, which makes watching it much less enjoyable. Hey guys, how about using a soccer ball? What, that wouldn't work ...? Damn!

Hockey :drool:

Jamie Dwyer - No 1 hockey player in the world

YouTube - Fieldhockey : Is Jamie Dwyer the best player in the world ?

His skill is AMAZING!!!

I remember playing netball in Phys Ed in year 8 and subsequently smashing and crashing everybody else on the court. Keep in mind I'm somewhat short, I killed shit out there even if I did give away a free half the time I went near the ball.

Travis and I have been watching afl videos...we're trying to decide who to follow.

Will return with a decision shortly.

I've made mine.

carlton_dance.gif

No I hadn't! 18 seconds isn't a disgrace... I always wanted to see what would happen in an F1 car round Mt Panorama, but figured it would never happen, the negative camber and the bumps and gradients making it too dangerous.

Cool that Lowndes lapped only marginally behind in the same car :D

I hate to think how unbelievably dangerous a proper F1 race would be ...!

Travis and I have been watching afl videos...we're trying to decide who to follow.

Will return with a decision shortly.

Esseeeendoooonnnn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom