Hole of Horcum Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver was right. This Sigur Ros song reminds me of music for babies. That said, it's not too bad.

phanan said:
Catching up on playlists, I see.

I was hoping to listen to yours earlier, but I didn't get the chance. Hopefully tonight.

I listened to yours last night and this morning--accidently listened to the second disc first, since it was the first album, alphabetically. I really, really liked it, though. Especially the one that was "The Sounds That I Hear."

Thanks, man. I'm glad you liked it.

That band Airbag is from Norway. And yes, they took their name from the Radiohead song. You can actually hear a bit of Radiohead's influence in some of their tracks, although they mostly take after Pink Floyd.

Yeah, I liked it--sad to be the downer who had to let you know about the length. I kept checking to make sure I hadn't added one of the songs twice. Anyway, yours is currently even with LM's at the top of my list (right behind, of course, my own :wink: )

No worries. It's my fault I screwed up. I have no idea how I messed that up. I must have had another song in my playlist originally with that time, and neglected to change it later. That's the only thing I can think of, anyway.

But funny enough, it actually still works out even when you remove the Prince song. Go figure.

And FYI, you can get all of Airbag's stuff for free at their website, as they aren't on a label of any kind right now. They've got two EPs and some miscellaneous stuff.

http://www.airbagsound.com/

I'll make sure to check that out later when I'm not at work. But yeah, the transition from the My Bloody Valentine to God Is An Astronaut did definitely work well.

I'm kind of sad I'm nearing the end of my playlist listenings--but relieved at the same time.

Not much more new stuff to be exposed to. However, now I can move onto the stuff the singer in my band has been putting onto my computer.

Anyway, my lunch break's over. I'll be back in about an hour and a half for my last break.

So I'm on the 15th track of Irishteen/Lemonchick's playlist. I like it about as much as I liked PFan's and Khan's, so far.

the tourist said:
I'm going to see a show today with three bands I'm sure interferencers have never heard of.

the tourist said:
The show I'm going to is Pilots Today, Slowly We Survive, and Sirens Sister.

The third band name rings a bell.

OK, time to listen to phanan's DI tracklist. As long as this place is dead, I might as well do a running diary of it.

1. Queen – “Innuendo” – Innuendo (6:28)
Really suited to opening a tracklist. Great song too.

2. Muse – “New Born” – Origin Of Symmetry (6:02)
Fuck yes. One of my favourite Muse songs, it works really well after Queen, and this tracklist's starting with some strong energy.

phillyfan26 said:

Vazza. How's not PA?

Peefan. It's pretty decent, I am currently about to go into a coma from too much good food (oh and big mistake to weigh myself, for some reason I weigh the same as winter break even tho I've been to the gym - I guess I actually have gained some muscle?) and some wine.

coolian2 said:

I'm still not happy about my old one being gone

was it forcibly removed?

so the poor german giant was subjected to my family at the seder, including my overtalkative mom and uncle and my sister whose add drugs had warn off...

3. Porcupine Tree – “Piano Lessons” – Stupid Dream (4:25)
My favourite Porcupine Tree song. Enough said.

Interesting to hear the single version, and handy to have one that doesn't require the Stupid Dream outro track to make sense - though I'd say I prefer the Stupid Dream ending.

Varitek said:

was it forcibly removed?

He said something along the lines that he could either keep it or keep posting, not both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom