Hole of Horcum Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
4. Semisonic – “If I Run” – Across The Great Divide (4:17)
This is better than I remember it being. This tracklist's songs are working together quite well at this early stage too.

5. U2 – “The Fly” – Achtung Baby (4:29)
One of U2's top 15 songs. I also don't think its mixing is as bad as PFan thinks. It leaves tracks like Zoo Station, UTEOTW, and So Cruel for dead in any case.

6. My Bloody Valentine – “Only Shallow” – Loveless (4:20)
One of the better My Bloody Valentine tracks and a good choice. I don't think they were the height of shoegaze as some people think, but they're still pretty good.

7. Prince – “The Cross” – Sign ‘O’ The Times (4:45)
N/A - cut by phanan.

8. God Is An Astronaut – “Sunrise In Aries” – Far From Refuge (3:52)
Really good. I need to check out Far From Refuge ASAP.

9. The National – “Mistaken For Strangers” – Boxer (3:31)
First band I'm not familiar with. Not bad. Fits well in the tracklist.

10. Band Of Horses – “The Funeral” – Everything All The Time (5:22)
Another band I've never heard before but heard of a fair bit. I suppose my feelings on this are pretty similar to the last track: I don't think it's bad and it fits well. This tracklist really does come together very cohesively.

DreamOutLoud13 said:
Now I see why you have so many damn posts :tongue:

:lol:

Not like I normally do this. But you folks are letting the thread go dead so I'm doing my part to save it. Epic phail for the rest of you. :tsk:

11. Midnight Oil – “The Dead Heart” – Diesel And Dust (5:11)
Not entirely convinced the transition works that well, but who cares when this song owns so bloody much. Somebody should go set up a huge sound system outside John Howard's house at 5am in the morning, crank up the volume, and put this on a continual loop.

Though Howard's so stuck in his attitudes that it might prove to be a, uh, Useless Loop. :wink:

Thank you, I'll be here all week.

Are you ready for my running re-assessment of your list, Axver?

I'm re-grading my stuff and figured yours would be a good start.

I'll start when you finish w/ Phanan's.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Are you ready for my running re-assessment of your list, Axver?

I'm re-grading my stuff and figured yours would be a good start.

I'll start when you finish w/ Phanan's.

This'll be interesting. I expect it to go down.

And I've got a fair way to go with phanan's. Start now if you'd like. Keep the thread ticking over.

DreamOutLoud13 said:
Hey, some of us have lives :angry:

*doesn't really have one* :reject:

After having more of a life than I expected the last few weeks, I'm enjoying doing sweet fuck-all this weekend. :up:

12. R.E.M. – “Cuyahoga” – Life’s Rich Pageant (3:42)
This tournament's had plenty of REM songs I don't know. Although I DO know this one, it's not one I've paid much attention to. Now I'm wondering why.

13. The Delays – “Long Time Coming” – Faded Seaside Glamour (3:57)
Haven't listened to Delays in a while. This comes as a bit of a welcome re-introduction.

PS They're just called Delays. Not The Delays.

Screwtape2 said:

That's one of my favorite REM songs. :up:

If you ask me, their top five songs (keeping in mind I just have the eighties albums, Automatic For The People, and Monster) are:

1. Feeling Gravity's Pull
2. Driver 8
3. Drive
4. What's The Frequency, Kenneth?
5. So. Central Rain

14. Mojave 3 – “Big Star Baby” – Puzzles Like You (4:30)
I've heard of Mojave 3 before and meant to check them out. Hm, this is alright, sounds nice, but probably the weakest track thus far.

Axver said:

If you ask me, their top five songs (keeping in mind I just have the eighties albums, Automatic For The People, and Monster) are:

1. Feeling Gravity's Pull
2. Driver 8
3. Drive
4. What's The Frequency, Kenneth?
5. So. Central Rain

My top five:

1. Pretty Persuasion
2. Losing My Religion
3. I Am Superman
4. Crush With Eyeliner
5. Orange Crush

Screwtape2 said:

My top five:

1. Pretty Persuasion
2. Losing My Religion
3. I Am Superman
4. Crush With Eyeliner
5. Orange Crush

Orange Crush was my first ever favourite song that I remember having, when I was three. Still love it to this day.

15. Sigur Rós – Hippopolla – Takk (4:28)
Please don't sound like more music for babies. Yeah, this sounds less like music for babies and more like atmospheric goodness.

Varitek said:
so, should i watch resident evil or ed wood? i know the former isn't fabulous and the latter just looks dry at the moment...

Never heard of the latter. I remember seeing Resident Evil when it was out in cinemas. It was run of the mill, but my friend and I were 15 or so at the time so we enjoyed it and got what we paid for.

Axver, I have the best surprise for you ever:

A preview of my fake DI5 list. Just say whenever you can take a break from Phanan's list and I'll post the link.

Screwtape2 said:

So which of the Sigur Ros songs did you like the most? I think there were three or four to choose from.

The one you used was fucking awesome.

LemonMelon said:
Axver, I have the best surprise for you ever:

A preview of my fake DI5 list. Just say whenever you can take a break from Phanan's list and I'll post the link.

Oooh, awesome. Want to pass on the link now so I can download it and play it after phanan's list is done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom