Helsinki II setlist party 21-08 part 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just looking at the total history of the song. It has been played a lot.
Not that I hate the song or anything.

It has, but that doesn't make it a warhorse. A warhorse is a song that gets played on many tours consecutively, like Pride on every gig for ages, Streets and One never missing a gig, SBS only missing ZooTv, Bullet only missing recent tour...

IWF wasn't a warhorse on this tour since it has not been played at all.

Setlist 8/21/10
(according to U2tourZargor)
Intro/ Space oddity

1. Return of The Stingray Guitar
2. Beautiful Day / Singing In The Rain (snippet)
3. I Will Follow
4. Get On Your Boots

Was BD played? Yes or No. We may never know.

Hello mskitkat :wave:

And I think we all hope Bad makes a return. I do think BD will have a new spot in the setlist though, it's been played at every gig since its introduction!

IWF actually makes sense, it uses the same guitar as Stingray does.

I think you are probably right, BD might get a new place in the setlist, i dont think they would play Bad but if they do, im going to fall outta my chair,lol

u2gigs Hang on, that was quite a gap between Stingray and IWF. Anybody know if BD was in between? (This is Ax; I can't reach Matt right now)
2 minutes ago via U2gigs (Ax)

Seems like I wasn't the only one confused. There were 7 minutes between Stingray and IWF being reported. Stingray plays a little over 2 minutes... BD 5..

I was right after all. Thanks Ax for clearing it up!

Tonight's setlist
Intro/ Space oddity

01. Return of the Stingray Guitar
02 Beautiful Day / Singing in the rain(snippet)
03. I Will Follow
04. Get On Your Boots

Can you post what they state as 2nd song then? BD? I'd like to know the changes after the songs have been played :)

With pleasure. Click the spoiler box to see the first two songs.

Ilta-Sanomat setlist details for Saturday's show (i.e. tonight)
Return of the Stingray Guitar
Beautiful Day

Full article here: U2 näyttäytyi Helsingin keskustassa myös lauantaina - Ilta-Sanomat

EDIT: Hey again! It seems perhaps this was yesterdays setlist after all? Was Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me played last night or not?! :huh:

Setlist 8/21/10

Intro/ Space oddity

1. Return of The Stingray Guitar
2. Beautiful Day / Singing In The Rain (snippet)
3. I Will Follow
4. Get On Your Boots
5. Magnificent

IWF wasn't a warhorse on this tour since it has not been played at all.

I think they mean more in general, not just specifically this tour. IWF is like in U2's top 3 most played songs ever (I think). It's a warhorse. If Pride and SBS are, then IWF is.

scaled.php

I think they mean more in general, not just specifically this tour. IWF is like in U2's top 3 most played songs ever (I think). It's a warhorse. If Pride and SBS are, then IWF is.

Well it used to be, but now it had retired. Sure it is the only song that's been played on EVERY tour sofar, but they really gave it a long rest. Not on the last legs of Vertigo, not on the first legs of 360..

ETA my bad, it has been played in 2006. I didn't remember. Hm only 4 years then.

Back
Top Bottom