Hell For Certain, Kentucky Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P8050088sml.jpg

Place called "Devil's Dyke" (hmm, possible future thread location?)... apparently there are some Iron-age earthworks around there which is where the name comes from... local legend has it that the devil tried to dig through the hills to let the sea in to drown everyone cos they were building too many churches, except some old woman with a lantern and a confused rooster scared him off cos he thought the sun was coming up.

I didn't realise the devil was such a wuss... :tsk:

coolian2 said:

Not even when they loaned out some of the seats to EnergyAustralia Stadium in Newcastle when their new grandstand was finished but not all of the seats had come in from the supplier.

Mind you, i think they're still trying to get a team.

:laugh: That's sad.

I thought a soccer team played there?

Alisaura said:
P8050088sml.jpg

Place called "Devil's Dyke" (hmm, possible future thread location?)... apparently there are some Iron-age earthworks around there which is where the name comes from... local legend has it that the devil tried to dig through the hills to let the sea in to drown everyone cos they were building too many churches, except some old woman with a lantern and a confused rooster scared him off cos he thought the sun was coming up.

I didn't realise the devil was such a wuss... :tsk:

:lmao:

Let's go there next!

s640x480

A D1 class tram cruising down Wellington Parade to provide a relief service for footy crowds coming out of the MCG after a game.

coolian2 said:
IMG_0913.jpg

Some of Wellington CBD from one of the best value ferry rides i've had.

It is AMAZING just how much that part of the city has been redeveloped. I remember playing around there in the early nineties, and I can assure you it wasn't nearly as good as it is today.

Axver said:

It is AMAZING just how much that part of the city has been redeveloped. I remember playing around there in the early nineties, and I can assure you it wasn't nearly as good as it is today.

Forget the nineties, i went there in early 2005 and was very unimpressed.

It's great now.

coolian2 said:
Awesome, in that Beehive photo it looks as though the statue is flipping the bird at the Beehive

:lol: I didn't notice that. That's fucking AWESOME.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom