Hell For Certain, Kentucky Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, folks, can we make it to a new thread tonight? I'm sure we could if Ian stays up for the cricket and Ali for no apparent reason. :wink:

We need to bring back the pictures. Those threads were fun.

coolian2 said:
I'll have a lot of pictures soon.

Mostly of planes though

Yeah, I think just about everything new that I've uploaded has been trams.

I took plenty of non-railway photos the other day, but I haven't uploaded any yet - or even transferred them onto this computer from the Mac.

Well, this shits me. Apparently I can't add anything to the external hard drive from the Mac. Guess I'll have to buy a USB data stick thing ...

DreamOutLoud13 said:
omfg! We went to Hell For Certain and I missed most of the thread! :ohmy:

I remarked a few pages ago "where's DOL?"! I'm glad you could make it for some of it. Do you agree with my opening comment that it's possibly the most accurately named place on the planet? :wink:

Axver said:

I remarked a few pages ago "where's DOL?"! I'm glad you could make it for some of it. Do you agree with my opening comment that it's possibly the most accurately named place on the planet? :wink:

You don't think that the North and South Islands should win that prize?

Points for accuracy but not imagination.

Well, all of Kentucky is Hell, for certain. But I'm sure they picked an appropriately horrible spot to honour with the title.

And a few pages ago I was in bed. Clearly my Interference-radar knew something was up though, which I think must be why I woke up so much earlier than I should've.

coolian2 said:

You don't think that the North and South Islands should win that prize?

Points for accuracy but not imagination.

:lol: I don't get why they ever stopped calling them New Ulster and New Munster (and New Leinster for Stewart Island).

Love the sig, DOL! :lol:

*got distracted*

Oooh. Should I go to bed and try to get a decent amount of sleep, or stay up spamming the thread with pictures of rocks again? :hmm:

DreamOutLoud13 said:
Well, all of Kentucky is Hell, for certain. But I'm sure they picked an appropriately horrible spot to honour with the title.

And a few pages ago I was in bed. Clearly my Interference-radar knew something was up though, which I think must be why I woke up so much earlier than I should've.

:lol:

I didn't spend much time in Kentucky. Visited for a day mainly to see Mammoth Cave and then buggered off back to Tennessee. But holy shit. Some of the people I encountered, and some of their accents ... it was like they'd just crawled out of their shack in the forest.

Alisaura said:
Oooh. Should I go to bed and try to get a decent amount of sleep, or stay up spamming the thread with pictures of rocks again? :hmm:

Rocks. We need non-transport picspam.

Axver said:

:lol:

I didn't spend much time in Kentucky. Visited for a day mainly to see Mammoth Cave and then buggered off back to Tennessee. But holy shit. Some of the people I encountered, and some of their accents ... it was like they'd just crawled out of their shack in the forest.

So yer from Noo Sealand! Do ya'll speak inglish there?

coolian2 said:
Rocks Ali, rocks.
You asked for it!

P8090184sml.jpg

Mmm, ammonites. :drool:

coolian2 said:
Q1WELLINGTON.jpg

From Q1, on the Gold Coast.

I love how everyone who HASN'T lived on the Gold Coast has been up there, while I haven't.

Can't be arsed really. Last I heard, it cost money. Do I really want to pay to see the city that tried to destroy my soul over a period of nine years?

Axver said:

I love how everyone who HASN'T lived on the Gold Coast has been up there, while I haven't.

Can't be arsed really. Last I heard, it cost money. Do I really want to pay to see the city that tried to destroy my soul over a period of nine years?

No, probably not.

It was rather cool to see the site of the Robina Stadium from there. Plus i'm a buildings nerd as well, somewhat.

P8070160sml.jpg

Pebble beaches: interesting geologically, painful in bare feet. :yikes:

(edit: And also Brighton Pier. Yes, that is THE Helter Skelter! It was fun. :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom