Hawaii December 9th, Aloha Stadium, Part XVII Cont'd...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lila64 said:
I just read that you were going faithingrace! Great news :happy:

yeah I had pretty much written it off and was going to sell my tickets when I decided to peek at Expedia and see how much it would cost to go. It was so cheap that my blood all rushed to my head and I rushed to my boss' office and begged for the time off then went home and begged the hubby. Alas, we are going.:dancing: But I am worried about having GA's and my little girl going.

faithingrace said:

yeah I had pretty much written it off and was going to sell my tickets when I decided to peek at Expedia and see how much it would cost to go. It was so cheap that my blood all rushed to my head and I rushed to my boss' office and begged for the time off then went home and begged the hubby. Alas, we are going.:dancing: But I am worried about having GA's and my little girl going.

if you can get into the ellipse, you can chill out in the back of it near the rail and be totally safe and still have a great view. There are plenty of children in the ellipse (although sadly the automatic lottery for children won't help you this time...)

bort269 said:

if you can get into the ellipse, you can chill out in the back of it near the rail and be totally safe and still have a great view. There are plenty of children in the ellipse (although sadly the automatic lottery for children won't help you this time...)

Yeah the auto ellipse thing would be safer, we did that at Oakland- however we left because she was sick- but I don't want to wait all day in line just for a "chance" to get into it.

faithingrace said:

but I don't want to wait all day in line just for a "chance" to get into it.

I totally understand... the only staduim show that I went to was Munich and people got there after 3pm and still in the ellipse... I don't know if they are cool and let kids inside though. They should!

I hope you find good seats!

Dinner cruise space?

trevster2k said:
Good news, we have reached the minimum number to have an exclusive U2 Hawaii fans deck on the sunset cruise. We have 120 and can accept up to 170. So if you didn't sign up, and would like to go, you still can. The links are on the previous page. The deadline for signing up now is when we reach capacity or shortly before the actual sailing.

Aloha

Trev
Hey does anyone know if the cruise is full yet? I want to go, but have to check on my friends flying in from Cali for the week. Will the sign up page be taken down once capacity is reached? Thanks!

Re: Dinner cruise space?

topherchris9 said:

Hey does anyone know if the cruise is full yet? I want to go, but have to check on my friends flying in from Cali for the week. Will the sign up page be taken down once capacity is reached? Thanks!

The last update I received was that we still had about 20 spots available. I am fairly sure we might setup a waiting list too in case some people don't pay or don't go to Hawaii.

In regards to whether the page will be taken down, I am not sure but most likely there will be a message explaining the cruise is full.

faithingrace said:

Alas, we are going.:dancing: But I am worried about having GA's and my little girl going.

Me too - and I know your little girl is much younger than Maddy. I have GAs and will be using them and praying for the best. And for friends to hang out with in line or at the show (and/or a strong guy to hoist Maddy up or just help protect her :shifty: ). As I've probably stated before, I have 2 non-forum friends flying there & back with us, but I don't know if they will want to camp out from the crack of dawn or just show up sometime during the day. They have less to worry about in a sense because the couple are both about 6' tall. And I get to sleep on their fold-out couch (or floor) for free, so I save a few pennies there... but still no word on what we are doing for transportation. And I think they are closer to DiamondHead as well... :shrug:

New update on spots for Sunset Dinner Cruise on Dec 8th

16 left.

Just wanted to let you all know that I've booked my trip to Hawaii. I'll be there Dec 13 - 26. :D It's disappointing to get there just a few days after the concert, but there's no way I can make my trip any earlier than that. My dad got a pretty sweet deal on our flights, and the price to fly in on the 8th rather than the 13th is more than I can afford. It's too bad that I'll miss the concert, but I'm so happy and excited to go! :hyper:

If any of you will still be in the area then, let me know, and let's meet up! I already have plans to get together with Carek, but I'd love to meet more of you! :)

12 spots left on the cruise.

I will be in Maui on my way to Big Island when you arrive Sharon. Just missed you.:wink:

ThoraSEB said:
Just wanted to let you all know that I've booked my trip to Hawaii. I'll be there Dec 13 - 26. :D It's disappointing to get there just a few days after the concert, but there's no way I can make my trip any earlier than that. My dad got a pretty sweet deal on our flights, and the price to fly in on the 8th rather than the 13th is more than I can afford. It's too bad that I'll miss the concert, but I'm so happy and excited to go! :hyper:

If any of you will still be in the area then, let me know, and let's meet up! I already have plans to get together with Carek, but I'd love to meet more of you! :)

Damn, Thora:sad: That is the day I leave.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful vacation.

Carmelu2fan said:

Damn, Thora:sad: That is the day I leave.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful vacation.

Aww. Thanks, we will have a wonderful time. :hug: There will be another chance for us to meet sometime in the future.

I'll be arriving late in the evening of the 13th, so we probably wouldn't even be able to cross paths at the airport.

Next tour though! :up:

Trevster - I'm been meaning to say - the cruise sounds great! I don't fly in until about 10:00 PM that night so I'm so sad :sad: that I'm going to miss it. Maybe you all with keep the party rolling somewhere else afterwards and I can join in then!

hotpepper said:
Trevster - I'm been meaning to say - the cruise sounds great! I don't fly in until about 10:00 PM that night so I'm so sad :sad: that I'm going to miss it. Maybe you all with keep the party rolling somewhere else afterwards and I can join in then!

Like Carek said, check out Dukes' or keep your eyes out for U2 shirts, although I am certain many us may be sleeping early since we will have to head down to the stadium early in the morning. I will probably be out anyway though. Sleep, schmeep. I can sleep on the sidewalk.

trevster2k said:
Sleep, schmeep. I can sleep on the sidewalk.

Sidewalk? Bloody hell. You've got the beach right there! I wonder if can convince Danielle to not get a room and just have us stay on the sand. :hmm: lol

Cleasai said:

Sidewalk? Bloody hell. You've got the beach right there! I wonder if can convince Danielle to not get a room and just have us stay on the sand. :hmm: lol

No beach near Aloha stadium. :wink:

I'll bet a lot of folks thing Hawaii = beach = Aloha stadium on the beach.

:no:

The stadium is inland from Waikiki, probably a 30 minute drive. There are some spots in Honolulu within a few miles of the stadium where you can take The Bus. I think the nearest hotel to the stadium is a Best Western.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom