Films of Innocence - December 9th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did anyone capture the audio from the first EBW video that went up? As someone else noted, it was an ALTERNATE MIX of the song. It has since been replaced with the album version...

Have you noticed that the Volcano one has images saying "something in your mouth to blow" instead of something in you wants to blow? :laugh:

one review today has said that the creators were all working to very tight deadlines which might explain the disconnect? They also said that the video for The Troubles has clearly not listened to what the song is about either, unless they've deliberately chosen to ignore it and just go with what the title makes you think of first...

did the guy who made the EBW video even listen to the song? or am i missing something..:doh:

that's what happens when you get artists involved - give them a "theme" and they go off on a wild tangent :D

i love that video, it's my fave actually (along with Sleep Like A Baby Tonight) :heart:

haven't managed to watch all of them yet though, but at the moment am preferring the more abstract ones rather than the "literal" ones trying to tell a story - too "schooly" and i'm having trouble with some of the paintings

omg This is where you can reach me now! i love this one too! insane, but beautiful, another favourite :lol:

WTF was supposed to be the red hair kid walking through the landscape in Iris???

And what about the evolution/chaising our tails in Sleep like a baby? it had decent illustratons but the correlations with the song itself is a mystery to me...

Was it the same director for Dad Rock song like for Ordinary love? And what does Joey Ramone have for his head? Some kind of a ball with bone? :) :) :)

WTF was California? It looked like from a PC game Test drive combined with some apocalyptic movie...

So far big disappointment... :(

WTF was supposed to be the red hair kid walking through the landscape in Iris???

And what about the evolution/chaising our tails in Sleep like a baby? it had decent illustratons but the correlations with the song itself is a mystery to me...

Was it the same director for Dad Rock song like for Ordinary love? And what does Joey Ramone have for his head? Some kind of a ball with bone? :) :) :)

WTF was California? It looked like from a PC game Test drive combined with some apocalyptic movie...

Shock me. Your posts become more and more inane, despite the content remaining identical. That makes you a wizard. A wizard of utter nonsense.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Shock me. Your posts become more and more inane, despite the content remaining identical. That makes you a wizard. A wizard of utter nonsense.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

For once, try to contribute on topic and without personal insults if you are able. Thanks :)

The sites where these videos (first) premiered have some more background info on the artists and the (making of) the videos. Usually an interesting read.
So, with that in mind:

Chloe Early music video for U2 shows a journey into adulthood
"The band took inspiration from the political murals of Northern Ireland and gave us that information as a starting point," explained Early. "My film is a personal response to my own connection to Belfast as my mother grew up there but chose to bring us up in Cork – the furthest city in Ireland from the troubles as she wanted to shield us from that environment."

"About to become a Mum to a boy myself at the time of listening to the song, the lyric 'I've got your life inside of me' stood out."

The video – part of the Films of Innocence series being launched on 11 different websites around the world – interprets the moment of transition from boyhood to manhood as a journey from an urban environment to the seaside, through an open grassy landscape.

Was it the same director for Dad Rock song like for Ordinary love?

If, with 'Dad Rock song' you fail to be funny to mean The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone) then yes, that was the same director, Oliver Jeffers

Well, that. :) And apparently the artist also wanted to convey that "direct paths to any destination are virtually nonexistent."
U2 – California (There Is No End To Love) – D*Face – Films of Innocence « Nerdist

BTW, from what I gather from some of the articles about these videos, is that they were made before the album was released. Like from that article on Dezeen:
"I had no idea until the album was released that the song is Bono's tribute to his own mother who sadly died when he was 14," she added.

Also, the article about This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now mentions:
PAPERMAG: U2 Commissioned Videos from 11 Street Artists; Here's DALeast's Eerie Take on "This is Where You Can Reach Me Now"
New Yorkers: remember when that mural of two ghostly, Cessna-sized birds went up on St. Marks this summer?

So it does seem the artists were working on them for quite a while (though many also say they had only about 3 weeks to film/make everything).

Has anyone found Films of Innocence on Amazon yet? I cannot find anything. Since I don't have iTunes I'll download it from Amazon. When exactly does it premier?

The sites where these videos (first) premiered have some more background info on the artists and the (making of) the videos. Usually an interesting read.
So, with that in mind:

Chloe Early music video for U2 shows a journey into adulthood

If, with 'Dad Rock song' you fail to be funny to mean The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone) then yes, that was the same director, Oliver Jeffers

Well, that. :) And apparently the artist also wanted to convey that "direct paths to any destination are virtually nonexistent."
U2 – California (There Is No End To Love) – D*Face – Films of Innocence « Nerdist

BTW, from what I gather from some of the articles about these videos, is that they were made before the album was released. Like from that article on Dezeen:

Also, the article about This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now mentions:
PAPERMAG: U2 Commissioned Videos from 11 Street Artists; Here's DALeast's Eerie Take on "This is Where You Can Reach Me Now"

So it does seem the artists were working on them for quite a while (though many also say they had only about 3 weeks to film/make everything).

Thanks a lot for the info.

From what I´ve seen so far only the video for Dad rock works. California, Sleep, Iris seem to be odd videos, disconnected with songs.

BTW. Term Dad rock deosn´t mean to be funny

I heard the alternative version of Every Breaking Wave before it was replaced with the album version.

Different lyrics in the Chorus - Rather than "Every dog on the street knows..." There was something to the effect of "We've got a hunger to feed..." Can't rightly remember it fully unfortunately...

Sound wise, a little more atmospheric during the verses, much more guitar heavy and distorted sound during the chorus with Bono way back in the mix... It sounded fantastic, much less "poppy" than the album version and I suspect it may have been an original Danger Mouse mix...

I was really looking forward to hearing it again this morning but discovered it had been removed. I hope someone managed to capture it!!

Thanks a lot for the info.

From what I´ve seen so far only the video for Dad rock works. California, Sleep, Iris seem to be odd videos, disconnected with songs.

BTW. Term Dad rock deosn´t mean to be funny

oh is it meant to be an insult then?

Can anybody share this alternate mix? (non Adele)

what do you mean by Adele / non Adele?

:scratch:

i would love to take you around an art gallery - it would be a riot :D

oh is it meant to be an insult then?

what do you mean by Adele / non Adele?

:scratch:

Nope, dad rock is a category of music, for me it is the most suitable term for what that song is. Even if I don´t like dad rock, it isn´t an insult, because there are lots of people who like it. Everyone has different taste...

Adele version means bonus track version of EBW, which is Adele´s Someone Like You rip off

Back
Top Bottom