Hawaii December 9th - Aloha Stadium, Part XVI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lila64 said:
this show is causing a lot of headaches and fighting here at home :angry: :madwife:

:hug:

Can relate though.
No headaches and fights here.
But someone who thinks I'm :coocoo: if I fly to Hawaii just to see a show that I have already seen a few times before.
So I didn't say that I already have tickets for it.
'Cause the reaction I'll get, might very well be : sell them on Ebay ($$).

Last edited:
Nightsong said:

But didn't someone within the organization say Hawaii was a long way to go for only one show back in February ? I thought we only started hearing there would be no 2nd show just shortly before the postponement announcement? :hmm:

I think a show on the night of the 10th would be great for all the marathon runners! :yes:

Besides what else do we have to conjecture upon? It's too early for the setlist arguments :wink:

Wouldn't most marathon runners be a bit tired after waking by 4AM and running 26 miles the same day? It tired me just writing that. :wink: And 40-45K of additional tickets is an awful lot to sell in an isolated state of slightly over a million when there's already one show, plus another big show a couple of weeks earlier (Stones) and a possible Pearl Jam arena show or two that week - that's asking a lot of the market there...

If they add a second show and put it after the presently scheduled show, they will piss of a ton of people since many people want to be at the last show of the tour. If they have it on the 8th, super!!

I'm not sure about a second show in Hawaii...Don't get me wrong, if there is one...I'll be there...but It would seem U2 are eager to get the tour completed and start work on the new material in their Ivory Tower//

trevster2k said:
If they add a second show and put it after the presently scheduled show, they will piss of a ton of people since many people want to be at the last show of the tour. If they have it on the 8th, super!!

They did this before on Elevation. I think the 11/19/01 show was supposed to be the final show, then they added a few more until 12/02/01

they would piss off a lot of people flying in for the show if they added one on Sunday. Many people already booked for travel to fly home on Sunday :angry: Me included :angry: And at this point, I wouldn't even change my plans. I will just be glad to be at the show Saturday night

trevster2k said:

*prays for a Friday night show*:hyper:

They aren't gonna add another show. There were all kinds of seats left when they announced the postponment. Add in the fact that some of the tickets had to have been returned...

I imagine they would rather have a "hot ticket" type of situtation than ending the tour in a less than full house. Add to the fact that if it is in a football setup, they could easily add some additional seating to the show.

which would make demand for the u2 show higher because those who decide to go for the headliner would also go for the double bill, doncha think? :hmm:

Lila64 said:
but those going for the headliner were already going, doncha think? :wink:

I meant the Pearl Jam headliner show, if they do one, will draw out more PJ fans, who will also want to go to the double bill (u2/PJ) show.

Chrisedge said:
They aren't gonna add another show. There were all kinds of seats left when they announced the postponment. Add in the fact that some of the tickets had to have been returned...

I imagine they would rather have a "hot ticket" type of situtation than ending the tour in a less than full house. Add to the fact that if it is in a football setup, they could easily add some additional seating to the show.
I just checked ebay, and ticket prices for this show have gone through the roof (at least compared to the previous demand for the Honolulu show). The demand is definitely there.

If the second show is also a joint bill with Pearl Jam, they'd easily sell the place out. I remember some of the previous Hawaii threads mentioned how expensive it was to ship the stage and crew and whatever all the way to Hawaii just for one show. Well, now they have the opportunity to add a second show, and make that shipping cost much more cost-beneficial.

Broker prices for U2 Hawaii in April were about what they are at now before the publilc sale (typically they were selling for $400/pair). It bottomed out again after the public sale. The scary part is, there are FAR more tickets out there right now than there were the day before the public sale in January--and yet prices are still pretty high--so things could definitely get dicey depending on how many tix TM releases.

Well, I want to unload my GA's if I can get some decent seats. I bought 4 GA's thinking it was about a 20% of going, now that it's a 100% chance, I would rather have great seats.

I'd be interested in buying one GA from you, Chrisedge! I'll let you know for sure by the end of this weekend, as I still don't know if I'm able to go to the concert or not. :)

Chrisedge said:
Well, I want to unload my GA's if I can get some decent seats. I bought 4 GA's thinking it was about a 20% of going, now that it's a 100% chance, I would rather have great seats.

I assume you are going to record the show. Is it easier to record from the seats? I've got GAs, and I was hoping to find a nice spot on the field to record from. I'm a total newbie at recording, so I'm curious.

Thanks,
Mark

Second show theory:

If about half of the current ticket holders would double dip, then they only have to sell 20,000 seats for a second show. If PJ stays on the bill alot of their fans will be in,they are largely shut out of this already "sold out" show. I think it would be easy to sell out, provided PJ doesn't play other venues in HI. It would have to be on 12/10 to ensure the double dipper sales. If there are not alot of returns on the 1st show, it could happen. I think were it a possibility, it would have leaked from an "official source" by now.
Guess we'll find out on 8/5!

Does anyone know if the GA lottery for the ellipse is still in effect?

Second show?
Yes or no?
Before or after?

Will just have to wait and see.

If it happens, great!
If not, too bad.

You can be sure, I'll be checking out how things are going at TM's website on the 5th.

And time for a new thread!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom